Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    My parents always said eyes like that are called hazel. Mine usually look green, but in the sunlight they blue out a bit. I think that's what hers are, I swear I've seen them as both, and somewhat grey as well. Variety is the spice of life, eh?
    Indeed! It amazes me! Hence part of the draw of Sanctuary. There's that little part of me that wonders "what if there are these amazing and fantastical creatures out there? not too big of a leap, given the diversity of the natural world..."

And as for hazel (which for me has always implied that there is significant amounts of brown, or distinct color bands, in the iris... but I know not everyone sees eye to eye on that one [pun TOTALLY intended]), it's a very loose term. Most times I refuse to use it, even though I technically could be a hazel. After a while, I ended up asking people what colors my eyes are. So even though I have some brown around the pupil, the most common answer was "blue" so that's what's on my driver's license. I reserve hazel for those eyes have no predominant coloring, and I'm hard-pressed to single out any one color...

Wow. This got long-winded. Oops. Must mean it's getting late then as you can see, I've put a lot of thought into it over the years...

Comment

Glad you put thought into it. I just looked at the wiki on eye color. So, it would be accurate to say my eyes are hazel (though my license says green) because I have a thin ring of brown around the pupil. The middle is pretty green, but by the time you get to the outer edge they are blue. I don't think AT can be called hazel at all. (Which is odd because I often come away with the impression that Helen's eyes are brown. Can't figure that one.) I'm going to go with "blueish grey with a slight touch of green". And I'm gonna need a word for that.

LOVED the pun... oh yeah, time for bed, absolutely! LOL

Also, I love your signature!
      Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 05 October 2011, 09:19 PM.
      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

AT has blue eyes, although I have to admit they sometimes look a bit greyish (especially in the later seasons of Stargate) and they definitely look less stunning blue in Sanctuary, but that's probably because of different makeup and hair color.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Comment

In honour of Victorian era Helen in Tempus... I love that dress.

Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/iiradned/Gatewrold/avatar_007.jpg
                  Ah, going old school! I like! Very 90s! Oh wait, that *was* the 90s! This is the X-Files, yes?

Comment

Inside The 'Sanctuary' Meet & Greet In NYC 7.10.2011

Comment

Is it just me or does AT look different somehow? Something about her face... I can't put my finger on it but I also noticed it in the ABC News fragment.
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Is it just me or does AT look different somehow? Something about her face... I can't put my finger on it but I also noticed it in the ABC News fragment.
                        My initial thought at seeing those was "Mama Magnus looks tired!"
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                          My initial thought at seeing those was "Mama Magnus looks tired!"
                          Yeap, They got to NBC Experience Store around 9:30 AM EST. So that is 6:30 Amanda time. So what time to get up for hair/makeup/transportation? And they took the red-eye flight to NY on Wed PM/Thur AM.

Comment

No! I think it's the bangs... they're to the right (for her) instead of the left, and less full. Plus her hair (and eyebrows) look lighter.

I wasn't merely looking at her eyes, although she does seem a bit tired, it was just the overall picture.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Yeah, the makeup is a bit different too... I think there is actually less color on her face than we are used to seeing.

Comment

Yes! Not so much eye shadow (or a lighter color) and liner as we're used to from Magnus and her lipstick is pinker.
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X