Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by worldmaker View Post
    Polished, glossy, plastic, too pretty for words and having all the character of a lump of dead putty.
    How can you call the vet pretty or plastic glossy for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      How can you call the vet pretty or plastic glossy for that matter?
      With a Hollywood-Poop-O-Meter.
      Come pre-installed on all good TV sets nowadays.
      Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
      once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
      sigpic

Comment

Umm. Why didn't the people upstairs just bust a window open to vent the co2? Yes it is -60 outside but breaking a small hole in a window isn't going to drop the interior temps severely.

Comment

Why did they have to kill of the only interesting character?

An too much sentimental stuff going on.

And his brother isn't dead, because the virus isn't design to kill, I'm guessing the stopping of the heart is just the final phase of the transformation.

So the zombies don't attack the director of the facility, interesting.

One got to wonder how the scientist with the tumour got through basic medical checks.

Comment

I don't think Doreen is dead. How stupid are these supposed experts not to be wearing biohazard suits when working with a deadly and unknown pathogen just because they think it's not airborne? A lot of germs aren't airborne like ebola, yet still require special equipment beyond a face guard and some gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
              I don't think Doreen is dead. How stupid are these supposed experts not to be wearing biohazard suits when working with a deadly and unknown pathogen just because they think it's not airborne? A lot of germs aren't airborne like ebola, yet still require special equipment beyond a face guard and some gloves.
              She been inject with a huge dose of a unknown substance and she has dozens of infected rats crawling over her, whole an a massive shelf chuck on top of her. I very much doubt she going to turn to be alive.

Comment

caught the premier today, not bad at all
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I actually missed the episode that was shown on Channel 5 here in the UK last night.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'm trying to like the show since I want good sci-fi on TV, but the science (and science protocols) is horrible - like the microscopy (you can maybe see viruses using an electron microscope if you're very, very lucky), the test for the "infected," etc. If you want to make things more accurate, talk to a graduate science student and run things by them (trust me we'll work for cheap).
                    sigpic

Comment

Just watched the 3rd episode....

i want to like it, its just not grabbing me i'll give it the 6-9 episode rule
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I watched it last night, and i'm getting a bit fed up of the knowing glances between that Chinese doctor, and the security guard, and i'm getting fed up with who has jurisdiction?. No it's not getting me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I gave it the 2 episode rule
                          sigpic

Comment

I see that they gave the show a 13 episode initial order. Of all the shows I record, Helix has been the last one I watch and that's mostly in self-defense. I'm not real impressed but I do hold out a bit of hope. I believe that what's been shown so far is just the preamble to main event. I'm hoping that the real story is still just a few episodes away. I've no concrete facts other than I have to believe that there's a whole lot more to this story other than what we've witnessed so far. I mean, so far, this whole show is pretty weak. I bet the lid's going to be blown off very soon. If it's not, then this has been a huge waste of time and money for SyFy.

Only thing is, if they don't get to it pretty soon they are going to lose what viewers they have. Maybe this week?

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed the fourth episode, alot more mystery about it, i like Mr Hatake's enigmatic personality he adds something to the show

i've likened this to Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars, but if The Doctor took A really really really long time to figure out the water zombie people and how to stop them lol its not bad but it does need to pick up the pace abit episode 4 is a good start

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              I gave it the 2 episode rule
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I really liked the latest episode(5?). I find Sarah(the young blond doctor) really annoying though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X