X Men Dark Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X Men Dark Phoenix

There may be a thread already for this but looked and couldnt find one.

X-Men: Last Bland
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      X-Men: Last Bland
      Anything is better than Last Stand and Wolverine Origins.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Seem so interesting tho, can't wait. This remind me so much about Jane from the very first movie.

Comment

I've always wanted to see the Jean Grey story given more focus.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Anything is better than Last Stand and Wolverine Origins.
            You would think...but gods, this looks bad.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have lost all my expectations after the Apocalypse movie...
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                I have lost all my expectations after the Apocalypse movie...
                See other than first class Apocaypse may be my second favourite of all the X-men films.

Comment

See other than first class Apocaypse may be my second favourite of all the X-men films.
                  Wow. Mate, we agree on lots of things on this forum, so this is the first time I feel like I don't even know you

Comment

*twitch*

DOFP?! Easily the best movie out of them all I think of the newer ones.

Apocalypse certainly looked good but they wasted both the character and Oscar Isaac as an actor. And the "newer" mutants in that movie were all kind of boring. Jubilee might as well have been fully cut.

The trailer for this looks bad...Whoever decided to hire the writer of X3 to try Dark Phoenix story again, but this time as a director, needs to be fired.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      *twitch*

Okay, if we're going to go there....IMO:

Great: X-Men, X2, Logan
                      Good: First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool
                      Okay: The Wolverine, Deadpool 2
                      Burn all copies and pretend they never happened: Last Stand, Origins, Apocalypse

Whoever decided to hire the writer of X3 to try Dark Phoenix story again, but this time as a director, needs to be fired.
                      My feelings on Simon Kinberg are a bit of a mixed bag, tbh. I love what he's contributed to Star Wars (co-creator of Rebels, various work on TFA and Rogue One), and by all evidence it seems he's a really good producer (First Class, Elysium, Chappie, The Martian, Deadpool, Logan), but he has written some real stinker movies (Mr & Mrs Smith, Jumper, Josh Trank's Fantastic Four).

I also think it's a little bit insane to give a first-time director the keys to the final film in a series.

Comment

Wow. Mate, we agree on lots of things on this forum, so this is the first time I feel like I don't even know you
                        Well now I just feel bad.

*twitch*

Apocalypse certainly looked good but they wasted both the character and Oscar Isaac as an actor. And the "newer" mutants in that movie were all kind of boring. Jubilee might as well have been fully cut.

The trailer for this looks bad...Whoever decided to hire the writer of X3 to try Dark Phoenix story again, but this time as a director, needs to be fired.
                        I don’t entirely disagree and for me DOFP is a close third. But I think that regardless of all its flaws Apocalypse beats it because it just really captured the feeling I got from watching the old 90’s cartoon show. It’s the same reason why I like Batman v Superman and Justice League. Because they aren’t great movies but they give me that vibe of being a kid again and watching the cartoons all over again. It was also an ensemble piece which I much prefer over another round of the Wolverine Saga.

I fear they may have failed a bit for Phoenix, but I am at least really looking forward to seeing more of Mcavoy and Fassbender again who perfectly capture a more complicated relationship between Xavier and Magneto then Stewart and McKellan were allowed to do.

Okay, if we're going to go there....IMO:

Great: X-Men, X2, Logan
                        Good: First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool
                        Okay: The Wolverine, Deadpool 2
                        Burn all copies and pretend they never happened: Last Stand, Origins, Apocalypse

Well this is blatantly all wrong.

Great: X2, Logan, Deadpool
                        Good: X-Men, First Class, Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, Deadpool 2
                        Okay: Wolverine
                        Burn: Last Stand, Origins.

At least we’re on the same page on the other two worst movies.

Although the first X-Men I would just class as Ok but appreciate that it is very important in terms of the growth of the genre and we probably wouldn’t have the MCU without it and Spiderman so it gets upgraded.

I should also clarify that I consider X2 and Logan great films but they aren’t my favourites. They’re great pieces of cinema making... But I just don’t get much of an emotional reaction from them. I didn’t know we were including the Deadpools into the mix, in which case both the first and second one would be placed above any of the X-men films.

Comment

Well every time when a new X-Men movie is coming out, I just have hope. The Dark Phoenix storyline is the first of the X-Men comics I read. So I was annoyed at The Last Stand and it's lame attempt.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

It’s the same reason why I like Batman v Superman and Justice League.

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            Well every time when a new X-Men movie is coming out, I just have hope. The Dark Phoenix storyline is the first of the X-Men comics I read. So I was annoyed at The Last Stand and it's lame attempt.
                            From where I sit, the only place to have gotten it right was the awesome 90s X-Men cartoon on FOX. That show got so much right, and I have no idea why the filmmakers in this franchise weren't doing more to emulate it.

Comment

From where I sit, the only place to have gotten it right was the awesome 90s X-Men cartoon on FOX. That show got so much right, and I have no idea why the filmmakers in this franchise weren't doing more to emulate it.
                              Agreed... again...

Comment

Working...
                              X