Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a story I read sometime ago where SG1 gets captured on a mission (again), and what I remember about it is that the 3 guys are either released or escape and get back to the SGC. Sam was also captured but didn't get back with them. Fairly soon thereafter, the gate somehow opens and her body is thrown back through the gate and she is dead. Everyone is obviously shocked and upset by all this, but they go about trying to figure out what happened. During the course of the next couple of days, the body deteriorates so quickly that Janet immediately suspects something is very wrong and discovers this isn't really Sam's body, but something like a copy or clone. The rest of the team goes back to the planet all this happened on and somehow discover the real Sam, who is still being held as a prisoner, and they rescue her. I don't recall what the explanation for all this is, but that story has been flitting around in my head for quite awhile, and it's annoying me that I can't remember the title/author.

There is another story that's similar, however, Sam is rescued almost immediately. As soon as the men are back at the SGC and realize Sam isn't with them, they insist on going back for her, but Hammond won't let them, saying they are too "close" to the issue. Instead, he sends Ferretti's team to find her.

I have the 2d story saved somewhere, but have been unable to remember the title or author of the first one. Does it sound familiar to anyone? Title? Author?

Comment

Could someone leave a link to the fic "Missing Something" by Annunaki? Can't find it anywhere, thanks

Comment

I could be wrong but I think Annuknaki removed all her/his fics. There is no link to give.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information. Guess that's why I couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies View Post
            Thanks for the information. Guess that's why I couldn't find it.
            I have it saved if you are willing to PM me your e-mail address. I'm pretty sure a couple of other members also have it saved.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's the only way you will be able to get a copy of it now, if someone emails it to you.

It just reiterates what Sky is always saying - save it whilst you can, if you like it, keep it!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I have it saved if you are willing to PM me your e-mail address. I'm pretty sure a couple of other members also have it saved.
                How do I PM my e-mail address?

Comment

I read a fanfic a while back and have been looking for it the last week or so with no luck. I'm hoping someone here can help. It had the team being held by a prince or something like that. He wanted Carter to stay with him and she wouldn't. There was something like a pain stick, but it wan't a pain stick. It was touched to the temple to cause pain. The boys on the team would work in some mines during the day. It turned out that the whole thing was a test and they didn't really live it. It was all in their heads. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Does anyone remember the title?

Comment

Originally posted by jadedfirefly View Post
                    I read a fanfic a while back and have been looking for it the last week or so with no luck. I'm hoping someone here can help. It had the team being held by a prince or something like that. He wanted Carter to stay with him and she wouldn't. There was something like a pain stick, but it wan't a pain stick. It was touched to the temple to cause pain. The boys on the team would work in some mines during the day. It turned out that the whole thing was a test and they didn't really live it. It was all in their heads. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Does anyone remember the title?
                    dunno the author, but it's called Character

try searching ff.net for it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much! I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by jadedfirefly View Post
                        Thanks so much! I found it.
                        Please post the link in case anyone else wants to read it as well!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here it is...

Character
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Oh thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

just posted this on a seperate thread then realised there was a whole topic deadicated to helping finding lost fics so i will post here as well

This is a Stargate Atlantis story i'm looking for

i read it on ff.net i think.

Set some time in season 1.
                              Sheppard has a day off and dose mckay a favor of going to collect his laptop he left in an old lab where they were exploring. Weir gose with him. The lab was water damaged and when john and elizabeth get down there the room collapses on top off them. Sheppard is badly hurt and it will take a while for thw rescue team to get to them

Comment

Here's another request ... and hopefully somebody recognizes it and recalls the title:

Jack and Sara are still married and Charlie is still alive, though he has a disability due to accidentally shooting himself. Sam joins SG1 and is living with Pete (there's a good reason for this). When Cassie is rescued from Hanka, Jack talks Sara into adopting her with him (though Sara is not all that willing). Instead of Sam being possessed by Jolinar, Jack is the one that Jolinar jumps into. Later on, Jack and Sara get divorced and Jack has custody of Cassie, while Sara has custody of Charlie (also for good reasons). Sam sustains a serious injury of some kind to her leg and nothing much seems to help in healing it until Jack sneaks the healing device out of the SGC and takes it to the hospital where Sam is and heals her leg. Sam and Jack eventually become involved.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? Would love to find it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X