MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If MGM holds them back, then there's nothing they can do.
    I was just reading MGM's history, that they were the last studio to convert to sound pictures. That is telling right there.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
      I was just reading MGM's history, that they were the last studio to convert to sound pictures. That is telling right there.

Well, I guess you could say they like to play it safe before going along with the times, therefore always a few steps behind the competition.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So... Any news? It is so disappointing after raising a false hope of spinoff chances. Basically they crushed my heart again and again. Hopefully we will know more after May 15th.

My question to MGM : "Now, tell me, my sweet, if your plan going as well as you expected?"
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          So... Any news? It is so disappointing after raising a false hope of spinoff chances. Basically they crushed my heart again and again. Hopefully we will know more after May 15th.
          May 15 is only about Stargate Command's future, which they ensure me they are working on... -- yeah, they are still working on it.

As far as MGM goes, I don't expect any more Stargate. I'm rather certain they just did this thing for the 20th anniversary or whatever, and needed something to test a digital channel with. James Bond is too big for small-scale testing so Stargate got the digital treatment probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            May 15 is only about Stargate Command's future, which they ensure me they are working on... -- yeah, they are still working on it.

As far as MGM goes, I don't expect any more Stargate. I'm rather certain they just did this thing for the 20th anniversary or whatever, and needed something to test a digital channel with. James Bond is too big for small-scale testing so Stargate got the digital treatment probably.
            If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
              Correction -- what applies here is the following, and be sure that I have learned my lesson the hard way (again):

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, you wouldn't have burned your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                Star Trek : Candle lighting is futile.
                Star Wars : Join to the Dark Side!
                Matrix : There is no candle.
                Babylon 5 : We lit for the one, we dark for the one.
                FarScape : Frell your fire.
                Game of Thrones : If you immediately know the candlelight is wildfire, then you win or you die.
                BattleStarGalactica : The candle has a plan.
                West World : This candle doesn't look like anything to me.
                Last edited by Platschu; 02 May 2018, 01:18 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Star Trek : Candle lighting is futile.
                  Star Wars : Join to the Dark Side!
                  Matrix : There is no candle.
                  Babylon 5 : We lit for the one, we dark for the one.
                  Game of Thrones : If you immediately know the candlelight is wildfire, then you win or you die.
                  BattleStarGalactica : The candle has a plan.
                  West World : This candle doesn't look like anything to me.

Comment

Sorry. I had such a tiring day that I couldn't resist for some improvisation.

Harry Potter: Lumos maximus ante ascensionem!
                    Once upon a time : Every candle comes with a price.
                    Marvel : Matches, assemble!
                    Lost in space : Danger, candle!
                    Star Trek - Discovery : Remain candle.
                    LOST : This is my candle! Don’t tell me what I can’t lit!
                    Hobbits : I am fire, I don't need a candle.
                    LOTR : If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then it is Amon din.
                    Altered Carbon : You don't deserve to have a candle.
                    Titanic : Captain, candles right ahead!
                    Terminator : Hastala vista, candle!
                    Jurassic Park : When candles ruled the Earth.

Okay, I should go to my bed now...

Comment

That might be best but I found your post rather delighting

I do not see a very bright future for SG even if there is more to come maybe, not if they feel content about how SG:O was received, at least

Comment

LOL! I want my frelling fair share of candles!

Comment

OH my goddess -- these are brilliant!

My favorite, the Titanic one... They melted in the night...

Comment

Okay, some of them were a bit rushed or not that clever, but thanks, gaters. The Farscape one could have been : "Candles don't matter." or "your candle and your timing." or "Candles are superior". I miss that show too.

sense8 : Candles like art, must always be free.
                            Toy Story : So long, candle.
                            Inside Out : Take her candle to the Moon for me, okay?
                            Xena : Your candle was the best thing in my life.
                            Inception : You are waiting for a candle.
                            Back to the future : Where we're going we don't need candles.
                            Lion King : Can you feel the candlelight tonight?
                            Skyrim : Place you fancy candle some place else.
                            StarCraft : My life for a candle.
                            Mass Effect : Had to be my candle. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.
                            24 : Who are you lighting for?
                            Spartacus : What would you do to hold your candle again?
                            Merlin (1998) : I think I have one last candle.

Okay, I will stop it now. I hope you get all the references.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 03 May 2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Can you feel the candle----light tonight?

Yeah, that can't be unheard.

Comment

Skyrim : Place you fancy candle some place else.
                                StarCraft : My life for a candle.
                                I would go with :

Skyrim : I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a candle to the knee.
                                StarCraft : We need to construct, additional Candles.

And while I'm at it add:

Diablo II: Not enough Candles! Not enough Candles! Not En.. *Potion up*
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X