Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Beyond the free week trial, one month subscription to watch the whole series is cost worthy if you ask me. Just schedule it so you can watch the whole season within one pay period. It'd be cheaper than the DVD's.
    If I like something, I actually prefer to have my own copy of it that can't be taken away for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      ...Stargate Command seems to be a rather reasonable one time payment.
      Which ends May 15, 2018. It's a one-time payment of 20 dollar, as opposed to a monthly fee. But it ends in 7 weeks from now.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      If I like something, I actually prefer to have my own copy of it that can't be taken away for any reason.
      What he said.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Which ends May 15, 2018. It's a one-time payment of 20 dollar, as opposed to a monthly fee. But it ends in 7 weeks from now.

What he said.
        you two actually agree on something?!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          you two actually agree on something?!
          I know right... *prepares for the end of the world*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Discovery becomes the first Trek series since TNG to be nominated for a Hugo in its first season.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hell on Wheels’s Anson Mount has been cast as Captain Pike.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I haven't actually seen him in anything but he looks spot on for how Pike should look. He has that rugged, but stern action hero vibe that Jeffrey Hunter had.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Part of me was wishing that they weren't going to see that Enterprise, but Enterprise-D. How cool would that be?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

...why on Earth would we see the Enterprise-D 90 years before its time?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I haven't actually seen him in anything but he looks spot on for how Pike should look. He has that rugged, but stern action hero vibe that Jeffrey Hunter had.
                      Looks like a very promising choice and I totally agree with P-90's comments on Mount's similarities to Hunter. Now if they can just outfit Pike and his Enterprise crew in The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before uniforms then I will be VERY happy indeed.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Looks like a very promising choice and I totally agree with P-90's comments on Mount's similarities to Hunter. Now if they can just outfit Pike and his Enterprise crew in The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before uniforms then I will be VERY happy indeed.
                        I'm going in with no expectations. If they're the current Discovery uniforms and set designs I'll be ok with it... But yes a part of me is kind of hoping for uniforms and set design that at least reflect the cage more closely.

Comment

I'm going in with no expectations. If they're the current Discovery uniforms and set designs I'll be ok with it... But yes a part of me is kind of hoping for uniforms and set design that at least reflect the cage more closely.
                          I believe that the showrunners themselves have previously said that the uniforms that we mostly associate with Pike and co. were only issued to the crews of Constitution-class vessels for whatever reason. Unfortunately I think its a flimsy explanation and it doesn't exactly scream "uniformity" to me. But anyway...in theory The Cage uniforms should be what we see assuming that the showrunners weren't BSing and just said what they did simply to appease the fans. I don't hold my hopes up though TBH. At this point I'm really just enjoying this show as its own thing rather than trying rack my brain to the Nth degree and tie it into Star Trek.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            I believe that the showrunners themselves have previously said that the uniforms that we mostly associate with Pike and co. were only issued to the crews of Constitution-class vessels for whatever reason. Unfortunately I think its a flimsy explanation and it doesn't exactly scream "uniformity" to me. But anyway...in theory The Cage uniforms should be what we see assuming that the showrunners weren't BSing and just said what they did simply to appease the fans. I don't hold my hopes up though TBH. At this point I'm really just enjoying this show as its own thing rather than trying rack my brain to the Nth degree and tie it into Star Trek.
                            It's in the first pocket novel that the cage uniforms are diplomatic uniforms... basically to make Starfleet look less military to the locals.

But all military's have multiple types of uniforms. Different camos, different duty uniforms that are adjusted for climate, different levels of formality to account for different situations and needed levels of professionalism.

Comment

Comedienne Tig Notaro will be appearing in season 2 as chief engineer of another ship, number of episodes not yet announced

Comment

It's in the first pocket novel that the cage uniforms are diplomatic uniforms... basically to make Starfleet look less military to the locals.
                                Ah, it was in a novel was it? I thought TBTB had actually said it at a convention.

When I first heard this news it was in another article and my reaction to the picture used to announce this actress my first thought was..."Oh, she looks like a really good choice to play the Enterprise's X.O., Number One" (originally played by the late-Majel Barrett-Roddenbery). But in reading the article I obviously discovered she's playing the Chief Engineer of a completely different ship. So it's a wee bit disappointing that she isn't playing Number One but I'm sure she'll be great at the role she's been given. I look forward to the future casting announcement for Number One...if any.

Comment

Working...
                                X