No announcement yet.

The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't it realized that Christian's body never on the island? Meaning his appearances on the island were not the man in black?
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

so how much time has passed since the series finale? while i found it heartbreaking and well done (it's ALWAYS well done!!)... i find that it's depressing ending has made me not want to watch eps again.

my happy ending was them all getting off that island, ALIVE. to me, that was what the purpose of the story was about, these ppl trying to leave.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Like a week or two after the final episode I rewatched all five seasons. Now if the final season will just hurry and come out on dvd....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
          Wasn't it realized that Christian's body never on the island?
          Nope. What happened to his body was never clarified one way or the other, only that it wasn't in the coffin when Jack found it. Presumably, MiB dragged it out and hid/buried it somewhere so he could pretend to be Christian without coming across as doppelganger.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            so how much time has passed since the series finale? while i found it heartbreaking and well done (it's ALWAYS well done!!)... i find that it's depressing ending has made me not want to watch eps again.

my happy ending was them all getting off that island, ALIVE. to me, that was what the purpose of the story was about, these ppl trying to leave.

but they did, this is sci-fi and their minds simply traveled from one universe to another. to call it heaven would mean removing the sci-fi element. I believe they most definitely got their happily ever after. watch it one more time!
            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Wasn't it realized that Christian's body never on the island? Meaning his appearances on the island were not the man in black?
              It had to be in order for the MiB to use it. It was there, Jack just never found it. I think it was pretty obvious.

Then you, like so many people, missed the entire purpose of the show.

Comment

but they did, this is sci-fi and their minds simply traveled from one universe to another. to call it heaven would mean removing the sci-fi element. I believe they most definitely got their happily ever after. watch it one more time!
                No doubting that at all. It just wasn't during the lifespan of their physical bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  Then you, like so many people, missed the entire purpose of the show.
                  what was the purpose of the show then?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

what was the purpose of the show then?
                    the shortest version from my post earlier in this thread:
                    Jacob said that he picked them particularly because they were "lost" in their own lives, and needed each other to find themselves, to find their purpose or true self-worth.
                    Through those self-discoveries he would be able to have someone step up and realize they could and wanted to protect the island.

Comment

the shortest version from my post earlier in this thread:

Jacob said that he picked them particularly because they were "lost" in their own lives, and needed each other to find themselves, to find their purpose or true self-worth.
                      Through those self-discoveries he would be able to have someone step up and realize they could and wanted to protect the island.
                      i understand what you're saying -and what the show was saying- but the series, to me, didn't start off this way. again, to me, it was a story about a bunch of ppl stranded on a tropical island and wanted to get off.

as the series went on, all the science and mystical stuff built up, but i felt the last season decided to *just* do the mystical end, so they didn't have to explain all the massive amounts of questions they'd built up.

yeah, they got off the island, but only 'some' of them did, and some died and some continued to be stranded.

it's me, but that's not exactly my type of happy ending.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i understand what you're saying -and what the show was saying- but the series, to me, didn't start off this way. again, to me, it was a story about a bunch of ppl stranded on a tropical island and wanted to get off.

as the series went on, all the science and mystical stuff built up, but i felt the last season decided to *just* do the mystical end, so they didn't have to explain all the massive amounts of questions they'd built up.

yeah, they got off the island, but only 'some' of them did, and some died and some continued to be stranded.

It did in a way. Just not in the depth it does in later seasons. The first season was very general, i can only imagine they didnt want to scare off viewers early on with complicated storylines.

Comment

The show wasn't about the mythology of the island. Was it interesting as hell - absolutely. Do I wish we'd found out more? Absolutely. But the island was just the setting - the vessel for the journey of these people.
                          That's the point of the show.

Comment

i honestly so didn't understand the series final and i had just watched the full series from start to finish a little while before the last episode aired but im going to have to watch the full series again just to help me understand more what happened in the last episode..

Comment

just read my posts in this thread, it's all explained.

Comment

I agree it was not the typical happy ending. And I do think they 'changed course' somewhere after the first season. But, I have to say, that I enjoyed every bit of it and thought the ending was fantastic. My husband thought season 5 was too out there, but I really enjoyed it and thought season 6 was just wonderful and exciting from beginning to end.
                                sigpic
                                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                                X