Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe is pitching tidbits in rhyme - spoilers/speculation abounds.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe is pitching tidbits in rhyme - spoilers/speculation abounds.

Joe Mallozzi is throwing some tidbits about the upcoming 2nd half of the Gates over on his blog. Some of them I can make sense of some I haven't a clue. Let's see if we can put some of this together.
    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/
    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
    - Ernst Jan Plugge

Thanks for the link have a green
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
      Thanks for the link have a green
      I don't see much that we don't already know, if I'm reading the blog correctly. Joe talks about RDA getting wet in the Return, part 1. We already know that. He talks about Sam moving to Atlantis. We already know that too.

The line about a pregnancy? Well, we will have to wait and see.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Ooh! very cool!

I pray that

the love romp not done
        stays undone.....

Though am sad about

Spoiler:
        Or the Dark Daniel arc trimmed from six tales to one.

Comment

Coolness. That's a pretty good little pome and some intruiguing stuff in there!

Warning - comprehensive spoilery speculations covering all of Season 3 of Atlantis and Season 10 of SG1 and the spoilers for the as yet unaired eps of both:
          Spoiler:
          Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
          While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.
          Sounds like this could be a reference to Vengeance? Or actually, thinking about it, this sounds more like Echoes.. the ghosts being stuff of nightmares and "that dark sunken lair" referring to them exploring the parts of the city that were previously submerged?

For one player worship, adoration and fame,
          As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.
          That's gotta be The Game

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.
          Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.
          Ummm... that's a good one. That's got me wondering....!

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
          A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.
          Second line is definitely Irresponsible.. is the first line referring to the Genii?

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
          A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.
          I'm guessing this is referring to whatever episode (?Vengeance again) in which Carson disappears?

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
          While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.
          That's The Ark, I would think.

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet.
          With a change of location all will forget.
          Sounds like The Return - Part II... but I'm not sure about the whole mutations thing and a change of location? Possibly referring to the spoiler that by the end of the Season we see the city fly and that Atlantis is once again cut off from Earth?

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction.
          Our hand will be forced by ominous construction.
          Uhhh... no idea!!

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.
          One of our own the enemy courts.
          Carter arrives - are we perhaps talking about Season 4 here? Or is this referring to SG1? "One of our own the enemy courts" sure sounds like a reference to Daniel becoming a Prior..

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms,
          While an alien contact this player dooms.
          Nope. Utterly lost!

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
          And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.
          Now that sounds like the McKays.. maybe mixed references to McKay & Mrs Miller and Tao of Rodney? Or are we looking at another Jeannie ep in the future?

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
          While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance
          Ummm.. dunno. Could be referring to Daniel? Or even Michael?

If I'm reading the poem right, he is talking about concepts that both did and didn't make it to the screen, or those that got altered along the way. Who knows which is which in there?!

Well, I've now managed to thoroughly confuse myself. Anyone else wanna have a go?
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

That sounds like the end of Season Three of Atlantis... the construction being that of the Asuran ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
              Spoilers for Atlantis Season 3:
              Spoiler:

That sounds like the end of Season Three of Atlantis... the construction being that of the Asuran ships.
              Oooh yes, could well be. Good catch!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks to my Canadianism, I have seen some of the latter half of Atlantis, but I'm not sure how much that helps.

Spoiler:

The dawn of each season brings ideas galore
                Some which survive, others shown the door,
                Like that time travel story, or the love romp not done,
                Or the Dark Daniel arc trimmed from six tales to one.

This all seems straight forward, though I am saddened by the cutting of a time travel episode, and the Daniel arc being shortened.

We begin each new year with the best of intentions,
                Seeking to craft our inspired inventions.
                But conditions are altered, storylines change,
                From the original notion so far may they range.

Nothing much here.

So as we look forward to two thousand and seven,
                I can’t help but think it would truly be heaven,
                To see the ideas pitched out, some produced,
                Make it as finals, not crossed out or reduced.

Same here.

The first line seems like echoes, or maybe "stuff of nightmares" is just any scary bad guys. The second line seems like "Submergence to me.

Obviously for The Game.

The first line might be for Tao of Rodney, but I doubt it. The second line leaves me clueless, which allies is he referring to?

The whole things screams of Irresponsible to me.

Carson, but I'm not sure who the "another" is. Could also be a refernce to Daniel.

The Ark.

"Mutations Discovered" would be Tao of Rodney, O'Neill is Return part II, the change of location bit is intriguing.

The second line sounds like First Strike. We are forced to attack first because of the ominous construction of enemy ships. The first line.... Hyperion is a greek titan, commonly related to the sun. I'm leaning towards Apollo, but it could be anything Tau'ri ship related.

The first line is "The Road not Taken". I recall hearing that someone she doesn't expect is there. Second line is certainly Dark Daniel.

First line could be referring to the location change of Atlantis, but I had not heard of that until this thread. It could possibly be the destruction of Earth's Stargate. "Alien contact" makes me think of the return of Arthur, but I have nothing to back that. I wonder who "This player" is....Joe himself, or a character?

Unless parenthood is referring to Vala, I have no idea who it might be about. Unless this is all a reference to "Family Ties" or perhaps Ry'ac's return?
                Second line sounds like Mrs. Miller needs the help of McKay...interesting....

"innocents lost" sounds like Daniel, but so does the second line, so I'm at a loss.

Well, that's my take.

Comment

The gates return in three weeks or so who needs hints with patience

Comment

I love Joe's poem, it's freaking awesome. At least he's doing what he does best, giving us spoilers/hints.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                      The gates return in three weeks or so who needs hints with patience
                      Actually SGA returns in Canada one week today (Monday 8th January) and the second half of SG1 premieres in the UK on, I think, Wednesday 10 January?
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for Atlantis season 3, and SG1 season 10

Spoiler:
                        Echoes the first line, Submersion the second line.

The Game as others have said.

I got nothing.

Second line Irresponsible. But that first line I think is something else, because the Genii weren't tech savvy, but have no idea who the group is.

Carson?

First line is the Ark, and the second line is Tao of Rodney

Return part 2 with O'Neill, but Mutations? Tao of Rodney? Dunno what the second line is.

Yeah, sounds like Atlantis finale.

Carter arrives? On Atlantis maybe? I know that McKay guests on SG1 near the end, so maybe that's the reunion? Second line, Daniel or maybe Carson.

Atlantis maybe gets Isolated?!?! I know it both flies and sinks, so maybe that's it. Maybe the alien contact is Michael contacting Carson?

Now that sounds like McKay and Mrs. Miller, Self-doubt for Rodney and parenthood for Jeannie, but since that already aired, are they bringing her back? McKay needed Jeannie for M&MM so are the roles reversed now? Of course she needed him to be her brother, but this sounds like an specific need.

Don't know the first line, but could the late fallen one be Ford, or Michael?

Most of this is Atlantis, interesting that there seems to be much less SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Actually SGA returns in Canada one week today (Monday 8th January) and the second half of SG1 premieres in the UK on, I think, Wednesday 10 January?
                          Even better

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I reckon "brilliant young mom" thing means that Jeanie's coming back for Season 4.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Sounds like 'Echoes' because the whole of the population was affected. However what they experienced was projections, not nightmares. The only ep where we know about nightmares was 'The Real World'. The 2nd line is for 'Submersion'.

Both referring to 'The Game'

First line is a bit mirky, but I think both are from 'Common Ground'.

'Shamanism' is to do with life, healing etc. Shep received the ultimate gift out of anything 'life'. The 2nd line could be referring to 'First Strike' where perhaps the Atlantis team let the Wraith know about the Asurans to see if they go & try to take them on, buying them time from the impending attack. Although it also uses the words wraith, allies & common. All of which were predominant in 'Common Ground', Wraith became an ally temporarily. Thus they both have something in 'Common'...escaping to their freedom.

Alternate could be from 'The Quest' where Jackson is made a Prior by the Ori. Who are ascended & see everything!

Both seem to be from 'Irresponsible'. While the Genii aren't as advanced as the SGA team, they still can do some advanced stuff for a species of Pegasus. Such as having computers, nukes etc in 'Underground', Getting the data device, being able to access it & knowing what it was etc. Then coming to Atlantis & being able to operate parts of it.

Pillaging is what Kolya's men were doing in 'Irresponsible'. Line 2 is end theme of the ep, the high noon wild west stand-off. While the ep was set in a 'Dutch Village'.

Another alternative for line 1 is the Lucian Alliance' who were able to board & operate the Odyssey in SG-1.

Seems to be about Michael's return, Beckett's disappearance in 'Vengeance'.

From 'The Ark' is part 1, line 2 could be about McKay getting a physical shock from screwing around at the end of the ep trying to switch something off. However it's most likely to be from 'Tao of Rodney' where he did get zapped & had to find enlightenment or he would die.

Mutation is probably the Asurans evolving in 'The Return 1 & II' where they overcame their base program & were able to attack their creators. O'Neill goes swimming in this ep so gets wet. While they did get a change of location in part 1, as they were forced to leave the city & return to Earth.

Probably to do with 'First Strike', the season finale.

Hyperion is from Greek mythology & the Asurans want to wipe out & kill them all now more than ever after being caught out twice before by the same people. 'Apollo' is send by the IOA & SGC to launch a pre-strike on the Asuran homeworld because intel has leaarned that they are building ships & also know the location of 'Earth'.

First part looks be be from 'The Pegasus Project' where McKay & Sam were re-united after his hallucinations in 'Grace Under Pressure'. Line 2 is most likely from 'The Quest II' where Adria is after Jackson to make him a Priror, although it may also be from 'Sateda' where the Wraith king was desperate to get Ronon running again.

Line 1 is from 'First Strike' where the city gets cut off & isolated from Earth come the end of the ep.

Line 2 could & probably is from the same ep with the whole 'Apollo' going after them first thing. Although if it's not from that, then it's most likely from 'The Game', because they were contacting an alien planet with instructions that almost brought them to war & doomed them to destruction.

Both seem to be from 'McKay & Mrs Miller', he's maybe having doubts while she chose parenthood. If it's not from that, then it's obviously from 'Family Ties' of SG-1. 2nd line definitely from 'McKay & Mrs Miller'.

Sounds like Michael & his human experiments. Although it could also be referring to DJ as his actions as a Prior.

2nd line also sounds like Michael's return in 'Vengeance'. He looked to have been killed in 'Misbegotten' so him retunring would be a total surprise to the Atlantis team.

It may also be to do with DJ. H egoes missing in 'The Return II', then they get a shock the next time they see him in 'The Shroud'.

Either way, nothing real spoilery in there & nothing new that's not already known.

Comment

Working...
                              X