Exodus (422)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5/10

No major complaints, but I really didn't feel any tension in this episode. It probably sounded great on paper, but kind of fizzled on screen for some reason.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

This episode had my personal favorite cliffhanger ending from the entire series: lost in an unknown part of space, 125 years from home, and with Apophis breathing down our necks. When i first saw this episode, I was like "How the hell are they going to get out of this one???"

Just goes to show that even the most carefully laid plans can have unforseen consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Member View Post
        This episode had my personal favorite cliffhanger ending from the entire series: lost in an unknown part of space, 125 years from home, and with Apophis breathing down our necks. When i first saw this episode, I was like "How the hell are they going to get out of this one???"

Just goes to show that even the most carefully laid plans can have unforseen consequences.
        I was exactly the same. I remember when it finished, I screamed "noooooooo!" at the tv, and couldn't wait until the next season began.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I've finished this month's re-watch. I just love that Sam blew up a sun. The end, oh my what an end! A great cliffhanger.

Comment

What happened to all the Jaffa on Cronus's ship when SGI took it over???
            And how do folks manage on interspace travel with no food or drink?!
            Last edited by Dave2; 24 November 2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Tuesday night and one last ep of SG1(for now)

1. Hadn't originally clocked that SG1 had made off with Cronus's ship.

2. Nice try and dealing with Tanith but...rewatching it was so obvious that Tanith was faking.

3. Blowing up a star. OK...

4. Going after Tanith. Stupid.

5. OK...this was the ultimate "how the hell are they going to get out of this?"

Flipping hell, I'm done with S4 four days ahead of schedule! What a ride!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                What happened to all the Jaffa on Cronus's ship when SGI took it over???
                And how do folks manage on interspace travel with no food or drink?!
                Educated guess: They were either released on agreement they would join the resistance against the goa'uld or killed. I don't remember being many of them left when once they took over. As for food and drink, SG1 probably went back to Earth and brought back supplies for travel. They've brought supplies when they've use the cargo ships, it's probably safe to assume the same for here.
                Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Well, we didn't see them eating or drinking anything while on Cronus's ship.......
                  And we see no signs of any Jaffa on board either.....

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                  Educated guess: They were either released on agreement they would join the resistance against the goa'uld or killed. I don't remember being many of them left when once they took over. As for food and drink, SG1 probably went back to Earth and brought back supplies for travel. They've brought supplies when they've use the cargo ships, it's probably safe to assume the same for here.

Comment

Well, we didn't see them eating or drinking anything while on Cronus's ship.......
                    Do you really think they'll waste time in an episode showing them all sitting down to eat lunch?
                    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

We rarely saw anyone eating anything aboard a Goa'uld ship. About the only time any eating was done was aboard one of the earth ships.

As for the Jaffa, perhaps they stayed on Juna or were put off on another planet to go their own way.

Comment

We also never saw anyone go to the bathroom, doesn't mean there isn't one or that they don't need it. Obviously SG-1 ate offscreen, probably munching on their power bars and MREs that are standard items in their packs. Not sure how often a Jaffa actually has to eat if he kelno'reems enough.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          We also never saw anyone go to the bathroom, doesn't mean there isn't one or that they don't need it. Obviously SG-1 ate offscreen, probably munching on their power bars and MREs that are standard items in their packs. Not sure how often a Jaffa actually has to eat if he kelno'reems enough.
                          Kelnoreem is a replacement for sleep (which we know the Jaffa don't or rarely do), not food . It isn't a replacement for food. And we certainly saw Teal'c eating a lot of food in various episodes of SG1.

Kelnorim
                          A form of deep meditation, which Jaffa are required to perform on a regular basis in order to survive. During Kelnorim, both Jaffa and symbiote are as one being, giving the symbiote, if needed, the instructions it needs to repair injuries or illness in the body. It is also possible for their minds to intermingle.

Comment

I know what kelno'reem's purpose is, but I have no idea how it will affect a 'person's' health when it comes to nourishment. We know how long a human can go without food or water, but we don't know that about Jaffa but we do know they can change their need for oxygen by entering a deep state of kelno'reem and can even slow their heartbeat so much it stops (yet they still live). Also, I don't believe it's a replacement for sleep but merely something that requires their physiology to need less sleep.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

As part of an episode, why not? O'Neill was eating Fruit Loops 3 or 4 times in that episode.

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                              Do you really think they'll waste time in an episode showing them all sitting down to eat lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I know what kelno'reem's purpose is, but I have no idea how it will affect a 'person's' health when it comes to nourishment. We know how long a human can go without food or water, but we don't know that about Jaffa but we do know they can change their need for oxygen by entering a deep state of kelno'reem and can even slow their heartbeat so much it stops (yet they still live). Also, I don't believe it's a replacement for sleep but merely something that requires their physiology to need less sleep.
                                That's part of the definition in the GW Omnipedia.

Comment

Working...
                                X