Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    has it been explained why the curse equaled everyone being sent to another realm that was without magic or their memories? was purpose or advantage would be taken from this?
    Kind of. It hinted at but not 100% proven Rumplestiltskin created the curse to go to the other world to find his son
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
      From what we have seen, FTL and our world run parallel. They left FTL land due to the curse 28 years before Emma's 28th birthday. They have been in our world for 28 years. So...they were not in the past, but a parallel world.

In 28 years how much would have changed?

Instead of science they had magic. Not everyone used magic, but still.

On topic: They are going to stay in our world in Storybrooke, but could they now leave? Is the magic that is coming back only restricted to Storybrooke as the curse was? Or will it spill over the world?

For production reasons, they already built the sets of the town, it would be financially unfeasible for them to discard those sets and have all the actors in FTL which is a mix of sets, CGI background, and woods.
      Umm that they have been here since 1984 doesn't imply that it was 1984 in their world, it could just as easy being the case they arrived from their world's long distant past at exactly that year 28 years ago. The reason I think it has had to be a long time ago is because we've had those stories over centuries ago, if it was a parallel the world would not know of Snow White or malefica or any of them but it does. For what the producers/writers hinted at the interview I think that they are now free to go as they please that doesn't mean everybody will go his or her separate way though I think most especially the main characters will remain living in Storybrook but that won't stop them from say pay a visit to New York or Vegas for example.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
        Umm that they have been here since 1984 doesn't imply that it was 1984 in their world, it could just as easy being the case they arrived from their world's long distant past at exactly that year 28 years ago.

The reason I think it has had to be a long time ago is because we've had those stories over centuries ago, if it was a parallel the world would not know of Snow White or malefica or any of them but it does.

For what the producers/writers hinted at the interview I think that they are now free to go as they please that doesn't mean everybody will go his or her separate way though I think most especially the main characters will remain living in Storybrook but that won't stop them from say pay a visit to New York or Vegas for example.
        Spoiler:
        Okay, if they not only went to another world, but also traveled in time. Then I would like to know why and how Rumpel thinks his son is in this time period of this non-magical world.

Spoiler:
        His son left for a world without magic decades ago (at least). Since we saw Rumpel as he is when Gepetto was a boy we know Rumpel hasn't aged for some time. But we do not know exactly how long it had been from when his sin disappeared and when the curse went into effect.

Spoiler:
        Not to mention, when August went into the tree, he was instantly transported to our world 28 years ago. Before the curse was enacted. So either the tree transported him or the tree "stored" him and Emma (and then popped them out in order of who went in first) and then waited for the curse to be enacted. But it doesn't seem like that was the case.

The writers so far haven't had anyone (yet) talk about where the stories originated, maybe next year Emma will start asking those questions. But for now I'll settle for a we don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          The writers so far haven't had anyone (yet) talk about where the stories originated, maybe next year Emma will start asking those questions. But for now I'll settle for a we don't know.
          Well either they came from a distant past in an alternate reality or if paralel in time then someone from their world visited ours eons ago bringing those stories with him or her either way it goes back to good O'l time travel.
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
            so where do you think season 2 will take place? Still in our world or back to their very primitive existence in Fantasyland?

BTW I wanted to make a poll but there is no polling option.
            I think it would be pretty kick ass if they go back... But it doesn't seem like it's going to go that route...

Comment

I'm thinking that because Rumple created the curse for his ultimate agenda to find his son, and we have seen he was able to manipulate it to his designs, he was somehow able to make them be transported to the world and time where Bae was. After all, it's magic, so I'm sure they will have some "magic" explanation of how this was possible.
              sigpic

Comment

I cannot wait for Season 2 and on that note Rumpel's curse has to be the most sophisticated and complex curse ever to debut onscreen. I'm making a whole new thread about it because of that. It deserves a whole separate discussion.

Comment

I hope it's in the "real" world, because I feel like the premise of this show is fairy-tale characters in the "real" world. While we still have some holes in our timeline, I'd like to see more flashback, and bringing Henry and Emma over to FTL for a visit would also be cool... but I want to keep the characters human and in Storybrooke ^^

btw, I don't think time is linear between FTL and the "real" world. If it was, it's possible Bae is more than 50 years old now, depending on how long it took Rumple to build the curse.

I also think that the real-world's fairy-tales didn't come from FTL... If they did then time really is not linear and Bae is one of the brother's Grimm... but chances are, with the infinate universe idea, our universe is one where we happened to come up with fairy-tale characters hundreds of years ago, that line up with people that existed in the magical world. That being said, I think Storybrooke, Maine's universe, while very close to ours, still has some key difference (starting with they probably don't have a TV show on ABC called "Once Upon a Time"... heh recursion) but I also think they don't have Disney, maybe no ABC... but that's just my opinion

I can't wait for next season!

Comment

Wow, this is a great discussion

I think its actually going to be a mix of both. The curse that Rumple enacted clearly is bringing magic back to Storybrook, and I have a feeling that the lines between both worlds are going to become blurred together, that Storybrook will begin to fade into FTL, and things are going to get uber-complicated because of it.

The fact that Regina looks so pleased when she sees the new curse rolling in proves that something crazy is going to happen with it all, because if it wasn't, she'd be pissed. I think to put it back to FTL completely would make things too easy for Regina to take power again. Keeping it at least partially in 'our' reality would make it slightly more difficult for her to be the Big Bad again.
                    The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

I think it will be more or less what we've seen in season 1: present time in our world, now filled with magic, and flashbacks to FTLand, telling more fairytale stories, and adding some background to people in Storybrook.
                      One question is still open: does FTLand still exist?
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope the FTL still exists, I'd hate to see the disappearance of Rumpelstiltskin!! There were photos uploaded onto the OUAT facebook this morning as promo images for season 2, and they were in costume, so I'm pretty certain in some way they'll have a return to FTL

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                          I hope the FTL still exists, I'd hate to see the disappearance of Rumpelstiltskin!! There were photos uploaded onto the OUAT facebook this morning as promo images for season 2, and they were in costume, so I'm pretty certain in some way they'll have a return to FTL
                          Well it's been a series staple for them to do flashbacks.

So I think it will continue that. But instead of just showing us what they forgot, it will show us what they remember. Maybe even what their last moments before the curse was released.

Comment

Working...
                          X