Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after probie status is done think of the things you earned. sigs,profile,PM's unmodded posts. it's worth it.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      after probie status is done think of the things you earned. sigs,profile,PM's unmodded posts. it's worth it.

This is what positive thinking means
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
        It's sad that a few jerks (the spammers) can even temporarily ruin the fun for so many others.

I missed the spam attack. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...es/bigWhew.gif Thank goodness.

I missed it too Yay for sticking to RP section

Comment

"Basic Trainee" when they meet a minimum threshold for posts, length of membership, Reputation.

sorry to ask this but i am curious.

What does this mean to "lurkers" like myself who just want to keep up with the news and views. I won't (and don't) have much in the way of "number of posts" and/or reputation because I don't actively post on the forums.

Does this mean I will never be able to edit my profile details?
          Well, let me see - we've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashbarrier View Post
            "Basic Trainee" when they meet a minimum threshold for posts, length of membership, Reputation.

What does this mean to "lurkers" like myself who just want to keep up with the news and views. I won't (and don't) have much in the way of "number of posts" and/or reputation because I don't actively post on the forums.

You must post to get certain privileges. Lurkers are usually here, but don't post on the thread.
            (we have a spray for that called lurkicide to bring you out of the shadows and join in)
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crashbarrier View Post

I wouldn't say never but Darren does have a formula that attributes all three factors. If two of said factors are near 0 ( posts anr rep) then it stands to reason that it would take longer for you to get off probie status then someone who posts more often.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Another point entirely is that if you never post, it's extremely unlikely that anyone's going to want to read your profile in the first place. This board is so big that I don't think anyone's going to look at the member list to check a profile out... Certainly I only look at a member's profile if I find at least one of their posts interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Another point entirely is that if you never post, it's extremely unlikely that anyone's going to want to read your profile in the first place. This board is so big that I don't think anyone's going to look at the member list to check a profile out... Certainly I only look at a member's profile if I find at least one of their posts interesting.
                  the 4,849 visits i have say other wise. the best part of a members profile is the VM wall.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, you have lots of posts too. The point being that one usually finds a member's profile through the posts, but if the member only lurks, they won't have any posts for others to find.
                    sigpic

Comment

i would put forth, if they only ever lurk and don't post, then they don't seem to want to be an active participant in the forum in the first place. Thus would never need a profile.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As a "probie" I am not finding the restrictions are keeping me from enjoying the forum. I am looking forward to getting past this phase, but I find it faily easy to post even waiting on getting my posts "approved". I have found everyone friendly and have not felt like an outsider.

As long as the atmosphere towards newbies is warm when they post, which it is as far as I can tell, then a few restrictions until they are proved to be honarable seems reasonable. I am looking forward to having more freedom, but I am happy to wait until the moderators feel that I can be trusted not to be a pest.

Comment

If all new members were like you, starhearted, the probie system would be redundant. You'll get there eventually. Oh, and welcome aboard.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            If all new members were like you, starhearted, the probie system would be redundant. You'll get there eventually. Oh, and welcome aboard.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. It easy to feel accepted here you and everyone else have been great.

Comment

Hello! Just thought I'd put in my two cents whilst I'm drifting around the forum LOL.

I think the probie status is definitely a good idea - and indeed necessary. To be honest whilst it can be somewhat frustrating not to get your post up the second you post it, I think anyone who has a real desire to be integrated onto the forum and make new friends and discuss their views of shows will stick with it.

I've found that of the few threads I have visited so far the other members have been very welcoming and understanding of the delays in my replies - indeed I've met some of them before on different sites so it's actually quite nice to see familiar faces (so the speak).

I find it disheartening that there are people out there so terribly intent on making life for other people miserable, and making them have to work even harder than they already have been to maintain the dignity and pleasantness of their forum.

Why people need to go around spamming I will never understand it, but alas that's just one more mystery to add to the world
                                sigpic
                                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                                X