No announcement yet.

The Lodger (3111/511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked that, season five's been feeling a bit flat for me between Victory and the Van Gogh one, but after two good ones in a row I am once again hyped out for the finale, even if the long list of villains for next week seem a bit overkill.

I really want to know whose TARDIS this was, can't be the Masters as that's presumably at the end of time, could it be the Rani or the Monk? I've head speculation that it's the Valeyard's, which would be amazing, so far this season we've had repeated flashbacks to past doctors, a Valeyardesque Dream Lord and now someone else's TARDIS, this has to building up to something, right?

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
    Real men don't watch football. Real men watch Doctor Who.

'Yes, Eleven.'
    Just noticed we have enough Doctors for a football team now.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
      I really liked that, season five's been feeling a bit flat for me between Victory and the Van Gogh one, but after two good ones in a row I am once again hyped out for the finale, even if the long list of villains for next week seem a bit overkill.

I really want to know whose TARDIS this was, can't be the Masters as that's presumably at the end of time, could it be the Rani or the Monk? I've head speculation that it's the Valeyard's, which would be amazing, so far this season we've had repeated flashbacks to past doctors, a Valeyardesque Dream Lord and now someone else's TARDIS, this has to building up to something, right?
      I expect so, yes. The teaser for next week mentions "the most feared being in all the cosmos". Something tells me that could well be the Doctor...or more specifically, an evil, angry, raging Doctor. You know, much like the Valeyard. We know Moffat loves making excellent use of time travel, so that's another point for.

Personally, I don't think the villains are overkill as such, because in that teaser the Doctor says 'What could justify all this', which makes me wonder if they're arriving to stop whatever's in the Pandorica. Odd that most are enemies of the Doctor...

Yeah, I know, bit too simple and obvious.
      Last edited by Sealurk; 12 June 2010, 02:59 PM.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

An idea I saw earlier that I really liked, why the TARDIS wont land? It's because it's the same TARDIS above the house and they can't both be in the same time. If indeed the finale
        Spoiler:
        does involve the Doctor repeatedly crossing over his own timeline throughout the season as things like the coat-swap imply it will, that could be awesome.

Comment

I thought the same as Sealurk. All those 'enemies' are likely gathering to stop whatever is going to come out of the Pandorica. This is going to be epic! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            An idea I saw earlier that I really liked, why the TARDIS wont land? It's because it's the same TARDIS above the house and they can't both be in the same time. If indeed the finale
            Spoiler:
            does involve the Doctor repeatedly crossing over his own timeline throughout the season as things like the coat-swap imply it will, that could be awesome.
            I do actually believe that the TARDIS has existed with past versions of itself at the same time with no problems and no problems have been indicated. However it has been said that there is massive danger if the same TARDIS exists in the same space for too long a time. If that happens for too long...Belgium.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by FennerMachine View Post
              I thought the same as Sealurk. All those 'enemies' are likely gathering to stop whatever is going to come out of the Pandorica. This is going to be epic! Nice!
              I don't think so. I think it'll be something far more surreal.

I actually think the Cybermen/Daleks/Nestene/Sontarans/Slitheen/etc will actually be summoned by the Pandorica, and I don't think they'll really be them. When I watched the preview I kept thinking that the Pandorica was at the centre of it, pulling them all to Earth all at the same time to perhaps scare the Doctor away or something.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Well that was fun. First off, next week looks epic. That is all.

Second off, the episode was great fun. James Corden was rather funny, and Daisy Haggard = very pretty! Matt Smith was shining like a lighthouse today. Great work all around (Though the lack of Amy scenes was evident!) with the funny sidestory at Craig's flat and the tense stuff up the stairs. Could've used some more explanation on who exactly was building the TARDIS or what-have-you, but I doubt it's important enough to worry over. The Doctor's psychic headbutting and all around alien-ness were highlights for me.

I know I said "that is all" but did you people see that preview? Mind = asplode.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                  I don't think so. I think it'll be something far more surreal.

I actually think the Cybermen/Daleks/Nestene/Sontarans/Slitheen/etc will actually be summoned by the Pandorica, and I don't think they'll really be them. When I watched the preview I kept thinking that the Pandorica was at the centre of it, pulling them all to Earth all at the same time to perhaps scare the Doctor away or something.
                  In the trailer, there was an around 2 second shot at about 1.13 where you see lots of ships in space, and at the bottom you see Stonehenge and it doesnt look to be on Earth anymore so the Pandorica could take them somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                    I didn't really like how the doctor was so good at football, but then again he has two hearts and such so he must be in better shape than craig the overweight human slob
                    Point of fact as well, matt smith started out wanting to be a footballer before got a real job.

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    doctor for england, though doubt fifa would let us have an alien player

i quite liked this, can't wait for the last 2
                    why not? they let them have rooney.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wow that was a great episode. So many brilliant lines in it's hard to pick my fav lol. Loved the Van Gogh refrences and the idea of a second TARDIS (hopefully not this season but another it will be reveled who's it was). Amy found the ring!! whats going to happen? will she remember? interesting stuff!

And the preview for next weeks ep? holy lord of the rings it looks sweet!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        The fact that the Doctor was essentially immune to the time loops...would I be right in saying that this or something like this has happened before in the classic series, i.e. the Doctor being unaffected by time distortions of some description, presumably by way of his Gallifreyan biology or simply the fact that he is a time traveler?
                        Yup. It has already been established in the classic series that the do doctor is immune in regards of time loops. Just watch "City of Death"

I loved this episode.Okay, so this episode was really all about Matt Smith, and he was great. I’ve loved him from the first five minutes of The Eleventh Hour, but tonight’s episode just made me love him x10 more. I didn’t know that was possible! But he was just SO spot-on as the out-of-place alien, at turns bemused, overconfident, strangely charming, and, of course, deeply insightful.

He really did have perfect comedic timing, and, importantly, he kept his performance varied enough that his not-fitting-in it didn’t seem like the same joke over and over again. We have everything from the absent-minded forgetting what order time went in, to the genuine, whispered (and just.not.getting.it.) “Do I have to stay now?/I don’t mind,” to the great physical humor of the shower scene (also, on a shallow note, he looks gooood in a towel and messy hair).

And it wasn’t all funny. I loved that he stuck to his “teacherly” approach, provoking Sophie into figuring out for herself that she believed in her own ability to do whatever she wanted; in general, I loved his various angles of attack as he tried to get Craig and Sophie to admit out loud that they wanted to stay for each other. His manic indecision before showing Craig his memories was also spot on – you could just tell how fast his mind and emotions were running.

We also got to see him building a detector out of random objects, the kind of ingenious, wacky brilliance we haven’t seen so much from Eleven yet, so that made me really happy, especially when combined with his ramblings to himself about it.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode alot, might even be the best episode of the season to date (only 2 left ) heres what i liked

amy found the ring i hope it makes her remember rory, i really dont want her thinking that the doctor wants to marry her tho it could prove humerous

The 2nd TARDIS, the interrior looks a hell of alot better then the one we currently have less cluttered

the humor in this episode

the eleventh doctor playing soccor and trying to be normal

Headbutt knowledge transfer, tho it would be painfull i wish teacher's could just do this instead of students having to go to school every day i think the pain would be worth it we'll maybe for us not so sure about the teachers
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            Headbutt knowledge transfer, tho it would be painfull i wish teacher's could just do this instead of students having to go to school every day i think the pain would be worth it we'll maybe for us not so sure about the teachers
                            Would make School alot more interesting

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

1. The Doctor has a tried and tested human name - John Smith. I'm not an old schooler and even I know that! So why didn't he use it?

2. Craig, I suppose was allright as a representatve of 2010 humanity.

3. Hang on, did Craig somehow recognise the Doctor? Have we just busted the 4th wall?

Solid enough ep - but what the hell is Amy going to make of the ring?
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My favorite episode this season. Awesome. And for all the reasons you guys already said. I'll watch it again tonight and add more if I can think of more.

I don't think that Amy thinks the ring was from the doctor. She knows something is off now, but won't be able to put her finger on it.
                                sigpic
                                Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                                O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                                Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                                O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                                X