Suspicion (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
    Teyla's stick fighting was pretty awesome, but we shouldn't forget that Steve was fending the sticks off... WITH HIS HANDS! Damn he's rugged.
    sigpic

Comment

I wonder, who trained both in the Escrema fighting style?

Comment

I still agree with my statement yesterday, season 1 is off to a better start than SG-1's first season.

So no one was the spy. We also found some land, captured a Wraith, and got some new weapons.

I also notice in this episode (okay the last episode) that Dr. Z barely has an accent. But that got better as the series went on.

Tomorrow, people are forced to die when they hit a certain age.
        sigpic

Comment

I quite enjoyed this episode. I really liked Teyla. I thought she was strong and commanding with her own people and the Atlantis expedition. She and Weir squared off in their leadership roles and it showed the best in both women. I also thought she handled everything that was going on around her with a great deal of insight and aplomb.

Comment

I would have loved to know though, if bates and teyla DID get it on, who would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I would have loved to know though, if bates and teyla DID get it on, who would have won.
              No question. Teyla. She shown to be superior to the Tauri when it comes to hand to hand combat
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

As Beckett said, it's a superpower.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Actually, Bates and Teyla do go at each other later on if I recall. In fact, the one note I would have on this episode is that my vague fuzzy memories of this season kept pointing me to other scenes that I thought were in this episode but must be a part of another. At the end of the season don't the same tensions and suspicions come up again when they discover a wraith hidden in the city? Those events kept intersecting in my mind with the events of this episode.

Comment

A good ep.

It was hilarious when McKay was hit by the stunner. Smack right in the face.

Silly Teyla going off alone to fight a Wraith. First time seeing her fighting skills.

Sheppard was fast at noticing that it was a self destruct. The Wraith barely had time to press it before Shep yelled out that it was a self destruct.

I still jumped when the captured Wraith tried to grab Shep. Even though I was prepared.

There will be nowhere on this world you can hide.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      Actually, Bates and Teyla do go at each other later on if I recall. In fact, the one note I would have on this episode is that my vague fuzzy memories of this season kept pointing me to other scenes that I thought were in this episode but must be a part of another. At the end of the season don't the same tensions and suspicions come up again when they discover a wraith hidden in the city? Those events kept intersecting in my mind with the events of this episode.
                      It's in The Gift (0118)
                      Spoiler:
                      It turns out it was the Wraith from the dart (The Brotherhood 0116) in Atlantis that hit Bates for six

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                        It's in The Gift (0118)
                        Spoiler:
                        It turns out it was the Wraith from the dart (The Brotherhood 0116) in Atlantis that hit Bates for six
                        Yes, thank you. I thought it was somewhere toward the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                          It was hilarious when McKay was hit by the stunner. Smack right in the face.
                          I was more amused when he realised he couldn't talk for a while. Just a shame it didn't last long!

My LiveJournal post
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I suppose this was an episode to work on developing characters. See how different people deal with a possible traitor. Weir and Bates as the civilian/ military clash over who is to blame, and Sheppard in the middle.

At least a use was found for the Athosians, instant farmers on the mainland, nice and convenient!

McKay seems to be slowly building up to perfecting the whining! It was funny when he was hit in the face and stunned, it was some peace and quiet for a while!

The necklace as an Ancient detector was an interesting idea, those sneaky Wraith! Appealed to the Ancient sense of aesthetics so they'd notice it and pick it up I guess. They always seemed to add artistic flourishes to their technology, the base unit for the communication stones found in Glastonbury for example, and the gates themselves, they look good!

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's memories of this episode:
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hildhoods-end/
                              SUSPICION (105)

This was Paul and my first episode of Atlantis and, looking back now, it’s amazing how many elements were put in play here. We establish the wraith stunners, the mainland, Teyla’s stick-fighting ability, the Zelenka-McKay working dynamic, and the beginnings of Teyla’s conflicted loyalties between the Atlantis expedition and her people. There’s also the civilian vs. military divide that’s touched upon here in the scene in which Sheppard dismisses Sgt. Bates only to have Weir remind him that she, as the leader of the expedition, appointed Bates as head of security. We also introduce the wraith self-destruct mechanism that, while interesting and effective on off-world encounters, aren’t going to enter into the equation when the teams take the fight to the hive ships.

The thing I remember most about this episode was wondering why the Atlantis away teams didn’t have designations like the away teams oeprating out of Stargate command (ie. SG-1, SG-2, SG-3). While my writing partner, Paul, was busy thinking up lyrics for the Atlantis theme to accompany the bang-up job we’d done coming up with lyrics for the SG-1 theme (We give a rare performance here: Stargate Theme (with lyrics!) – YouTube. Ultimately, Paul was only able to come up with: We’re in Atlantis! We’re underwater!) I set my mind to coming up with SGA team designations. And, I did, but the other writers balked at my First Atlantis Reconnaissance Team idea. Clearly, they were just jealous.
                              sigpic

Comment

Midweek...another ep of Atlantis.

1. Sheppard was a bit OTT here.

2. Bates was even worse but Shep just playing the superior officer card doesn't work.

3. It was wierd to find that Teyla was the unwitting mole after all. Should have called it.

OK ep.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X