Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    You are brave. We used to be take vacations in the summer, but now we avoid it at all costs (unless it's work travel that can't be avoided). We take side trips that are drive-able, but nothing expensive because, well you know. It can be miserable in the south in summer. Now we go to beach in March, Charleston in December. I love it. No more melting, lol. Next big work trip is in Ireland and the current forecast shows highs around 65 degrees- near perfect for me when I travel. Can't wait!
    I'd normally try to avoid summer travel too, but it's the only time we have available to go for the foreseeable future. Ireland, huh? That's super exciting!!!!!! And yeah, 65 is ideal. That should be a lot of fun!

And I love that Sheppard line- Sorry for shooting everyone. I was just showing that to someone last week who needed a good laugh. That scene and the scene from Hide and Seek where Sheppard told Weir "I shot him. (Pause for Weir giving him the WTH look). In the leg. (shrug)" I sooo miss this show. I also showed them the McKay scene from Runner when he was running through the woods shooting a gun and screaming. There are so many McKay moments and quotes I love, but I'm not sure any of them top his screaming in that scene (for me, anyway).

I really need to get to re-watching some of these again. Makes me smile just to think about all the funnies.
    There are some great comedic moments, that's for sure! I hope someday we do another rewatch on the thread. Those were great fun.

That is some crazy weather. And that is a messed up way of handling multiple choice. They would have needed to hand me a Xanax along with the test.
    Right?! That would have changed my whole school experience. I'm the queen of guessing on multiple choice. *shudders*

Yay! That's got to be a huge load off your shoulders.
    Yes, it most certainly is!

Comment

Next big work trip is in Ireland...
      Whereabouts in Ireland?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Whereabouts in Ireland?
        Dublin, but I get four days of downtime and I'm going to take some side trips. Super excited! But the choices are so hard. Cliffs of Moher are a must. Then there is Belfast and Giant's Causeway (and Game of Thrones sites), Kerry and the Skelling Islands (Star Wars film site). I want to go everywhere, lol. Maybe if I'm super productive and stay out of the pubs at night, I can finish early and snag some extra time.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Guess what I got in the mail today.... a postcard from Scotland from Falcon Horus!!!

Thanks so much for sending that. The picture is awesome!!

Comment

Dublin, but I get four days of downtime and I'm going to take some side trips. Super excited! But the choices are so hard. Cliffs of Moher are a must. Then there is Belfast and Giant's Causeway (and Game of Thrones sites), Kerry and the Skelling Islands (Star Wars film site). I want to go everywhere, lol. Maybe if I'm super productive and stay out of the pubs at night, I can finish early and snag some extra time.
            You are literally talking of crossing Ireland east to west and back. It can be done in 4 days but you can't stay in one place too long if you do.

Dublin, you say, is where you're gonna be. Then I suggest heading north to Belfast, and pass by the Boyne Valley and go see Newgrange passagetomb, and Knowth (Dowth is accessible put it's on private land). But Newgrange is truly spectacular. From there you can head to Belfast (don't forget, you'll be crossing into the United Kingdom so you'll need to have English pounds at hand too, on top of Euros in Ireland). The Giant's Causeway is very much up north, and might be quite the distance to travel to from Dublin. I would stick to Belfast and surrounding area. Perhaps visit the Titanic museum from where you can see the Titanic studios where interior sets of Game of Thrones are (or were) situated. And then some locations (I saw a few, they are fascinating but hardly recognizable when you're at the locations and try to remember the scenes).

If you decide on the Cliffs of Moher, then you can drive passed Cobh which has its own Titanic history and of course see the Skellig Islands. You can only reach these by boat and only on certain moments, and if the sea is too rough, no boats go out or you cannot dock on the islands. We saw them from afar once. We're not boat-people.

The ring of Kerry is very beautiful.

Oh, and Glendalough near Dublin, not too far into the Wicklow Mountains -- also very beautiful.

I've been to Ireland a few times now... Can you tell?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Guess what I got in the mail today.... a postcard from Scotland from Falcon Horus!!!

Oh, that's quicker than we expected.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

You are brave. We used to be take vacations in the summer, but now we avoid it at all costs (unless it's work travel that can't be avoided). We take side trips that are drive-able, but nothing expensive because, well you know. It can be miserable in the south in summer. Now we go to beach in March, Charleston in December. I love it. No more melting, lol. Next big work trip is in Ireland and the current forecast shows highs around 65 degrees- near perfect for me when I travel. Can't wait!
              It's getting to be miserable everywhere in the summer. The upside is, if it's a road trip, there's more daylight for driving.

There are some great comedic moments, that's for sure! I hope someday we do another rewatch on the thread. Those were great fun.
              I hope so too. We'd have to find a time when all or most of us can be here...

Yay! That was fast!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I got an A in my anatomy class! I've been dancing around the house.

minion - party.jpg

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly. I only lucked out because the professor didn't make us answer every question on the final.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42695[/ATTACH]

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly. I only lucked out because the professor didn't make us answer every question on the final.
                  Congrats. We knew you would do well.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly.
                    Reminds me of a friend in college who would literally complain she did poorly on every exam. She passed with high honors every single exam. Graduated with high honors twice,... no wait, three times cause she went to the conservatory after college to study classical music -- singing opera and the likes (she sings as a guest singer in metal bands).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42695[/ATTACH]
                      Yay! Congratulations, you crushed it!

Reminds me of a friend in college who would literally complain she did poorly on every exam. She passed with high honors every single exam. Graduated with high honors twice,... no wait, three times cause she went to the conservatory after college to study classical music -- singing opera and the likes (she sings as a guest singer in metal bands).
                      Maybe thinking you're going to do badly must stimulate your brains in a way that helps you recall the information you need. I wonder if anyone's ever studied that...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

By this time tomorrow, I'll be in Cancun!! I'll try to post some pics to Instagram and Facebook.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Congrats. We knew you would do well.
                        Thank you!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Yay! Congratulations, you crushed it!
                        Thanks! No one is more shocked than I am.

Maybe thinking you're going to do badly must stimulate your brains in a way that helps you recall the information you need. I wonder if anyone's ever studied that...
                        I'll agree with Scary Kitty. Plus, I think that believing you're going to do poorly leads you to study more. *shrugs*

Hmmm.... now that I'm all packed, maybe I'll go watch an SGA episode. I think I'm in the mood for some sexy bug!John in Conversion. Joe can make even blue bug makeup look good.

Comment

After watching Conversion I was thinking back to that LJ community where there were a ton of stories about the whole base basically turning into bugs. Does anyone have a link to that? It was smutty as hell, but oh so good.

ETA: Never mind, I found it! It's https://lantean-hive.livejournal.com/profile
                          Last edited by JT-2; 12 August 2018, 03:28 PM. Reason: found it!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Although in JT-2's case, that should probably be Cancun Monday!

I'll agree with Scary Kitty. Plus, I think that believing you're going to do poorly leads you to study more. *shrugs*
                            This is also true.

Hmmm.... now that I'm all packed, maybe I'll go watch an SGA episode. I think I'm in the mood for some sexy bug!John in Conversion. Joe can make even blue bug makeup look good.

After watching Conversion I was thinking back to that LJ community where there were a ton of stories about the whole base basically turning into bugs. Does anyone have a link to that? It was smutty as hell, but oh so good.

ETA: Never mind, I found it! It's https://lantean-hive.livejournal.com/profile
                            OMG, I remember those fics. That was some epic insanity, all right.

Comment

I've been to Ireland a few times now... Can you tell?
                              That's all great info, thanks!

Congrats!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
                              Sounded like an interesting Friday night in your neck of the woods. Hope that plane wasn't flying near/over you.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday Smutty Tuesday!

Sounded like an interesting Friday night in your neck of the woods. Hope that plane wasn't flying near/over you.
                                Nope, we're up on the northern edge of the Puget Sound near the Canadian border, about 150 miles away from where the plane was. But we are familiar with the Steilacoom area; it was weird seeing places we know on TV like that.
                                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 15 August 2018, 08:37 AM. Reason: calendar fart lol

Comment

Working...
                                X