X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Med Bay 1> ~ <Waiting Room A>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Beth chuckled. "No, I think he'd be on a sticky wicket, Kim, that's for sure." The twinge got stronger, and she winced. "You are absolutely right, I do need that rest. Give me six hours and I'll be right as rain, and raring to go." Patting the hand on her arm, she reached for the observation charts, and flicked through them, making a few notes. With a flourish of the pen, she added her name, and handed them back to Kim. "All done. Just make sure they try to take it easy over the next couple of days, or I'll be breathing down their sorry necks."

Rolling her shoulders, she returned the wink, and set off out of the med bay.
    sigpic

Comment

<Waiting Room A> ~ <Recovery>

{Lt Kimberly Sutton~Nurse}

"Yes Doctor, just rest ok." Hugging the charts to her chest Kim watched as her CO left the Medical wing, she looked over at the two young mechanics and then stood in front of them. "Ok I'm going to say this once and once only, you are cleared for light duties only for a period of five days at which time you will report back to Doctor Hayden for assesment do you understand?"

Sitting low in the waiting area couches the kids, as that was all they were, nineteen year old Airmen and probably scared out of their skulls. Kim towered over them and waited for their reply which came meekly and at the same time.

"Yes ma'am. We're so sorry." Emily added a little tear falling. Kim handed her a tissue and softened her tone.

"I don't understand it, you kids are obviously in love, how could you resort to taking a wrench to each other?"

Dean sat upright and replied. "We um, we don't know ma'am. The deck sergeant was getting pissed at us for spilling fuel and I guess we started blaming each other."

"I see, well I'm going to get Colonel Carter to take it off your reports ok and in future, think before you act alright. Now go..go." She made a shooing motion and watched them leave. Now the last act of her shift, check on Lieutenant Fraser in recovery.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post

"Yes Doctor, just rest ok." Hugging the charts to her chest Kim watched as her CO left the Medical wing, she looked over at the two young mechanics and then stood in front of them. "Ok I'm going to say this once and once only, you are cleared for light duties only for a period of five days at which time you will report back to Doctor Hayden for assesment do you understand?"

Sitting low in the waiting area couches the kids, as that was all they were, nineteen year old Airmen and probably scared out of their skulls. Kim towered over them and waited for their reply which came meekly and at the same time.

"Yes ma'am. We're so sorry." Emily added a little tear falling. Kim handed her a tissue and softened her tone.

"I don't understand it, you kids are obviously in love, how could you resort to taking a wrench to each other?"

Dean sat upright and replied. "We um, we don't know ma'am. The deck sergeant was getting pissed at us for spilling fuel and I guess we started blaming each other."

"I see, well I'm going to get Colonel Carter to take it off your reports ok and in future, think before you act alright. Now go..go." She made a shooing motion and watched them leave. Now the last act of her shift, check on Lieutenant Fraser in recovery.

{Lt Kimberly Sutton~Nurse} {Dean and Emily - NPC} {Dr. Emma Randall}

Dr. Randall seemingly appeared out of nowhere, stopping the young Dean and Emily on their way out of the med bay area. She had heard the rumors of the two young mechanics who thought it necessary to beat the pulp out of one another. She felt they had to have some anger issues or unresolved feelings between them causing such a violent outburst. "Hey not so fast... I need a word with you two." Emma forced a scowl at them.

Dean now a bit startled sighed with disappointment as he groaned at the thought of the new wrinkle in this situation. "Uh yes ma'am ....we were just cleared for light duty and thought we'd get back to work." He glanced at her and then quickly dropped his head in shame as he reached out and squeezed Emily's hand for comfort.

"Well you two obviously need some counseling.....we just don't make a habit of wailing on the people we love....so I want to see you in my office tomorrow as soon as your shift ends....got it?" Emma gave them both a stern look, but then warmed them with her signature friendly smile allowing her eyes to go soft.

"Yes ma'am we'll be here ma'am" the young man promptly replied as he felt anxious to get past the whole incident.

"I'll be looking forward to it...now please be careful." She moved to the side to allow them passage, and as they whisked past her she reached out and patted Dean on the shoulder.....connecting with him for just a moment....offering her own sense of comfort.

As soon as the kids were safely out of sight Emma approached Kim and snickered with her as the two women realized that between the two of them and Dr. Hayden they're sure those two would never be caught doing such an irresponsible thing anytime soon.
        Emma sighed, "Have you ever seen such a thing? Now in my day....two young lovers may be caught partially nude going at in an arms locker ....but to beat the crap outta one another....this puzzles me....tell me Kim....is this some sort of newfangled foreplay I'm not aware of?" Emma had to laugh as she knew the thought was completely preposterous.
        Originally posted by jelgate
        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

Thinking about it for a minute Kim ahd to suppress a wicked smile. "No not wrenches Emma, certainly not that. But my ex and I had a rather nasty habit of kick boxing the crap out of each other before bedtime, we totally wrecked our Air Force home in Colorado Springs to such and extant we were refused further assisted housing." She looped her arm around the other's. "Still we had fun while it lasted, until I caught him on a video one of his friends put on the net, with a woman in England doing the same...the last image burned into my head was of him and her naked on the floor bleeding and making love. I wasn't home when he returned." Kim walked towards recovery with Emma in tow. "But he got more than losing me, he was kicked out of the Air Force as well with a DD. It helps having a father who's a General doesn't it. Now let's go and see about Lieutenant Fraser shall we, he could use a bit of your bedside mannner, burns to his back and hands from that 302 bust up last week."

Comment

Spoiler:
            <Medbay Recovery>

Thinking about it for a minute Kim ahd to suppress a wicked smile. "No not wrenches Emma, certainly not that. But my ex and I had a rather nasty habit of kick boxing the crap out of each other before bedtime, we totally wrecked our Air Force home in Colorado Springs to such and extant we were refused further assisted housing." She looped her arm around the other's. "Still we had fun while it lasted, until I caught him on a video one of his friends put on the net, with a woman in England doing the same...the last image burned into my head was of him and her naked on the floor bleeding and making love. I wasn't home when he returned." Kim walked towards recovery with Emma in tow. "But he got more than losing me, he was kicked out of the Air Force as well with a DD. It helps having a father who's a General doesn't it. Now let's go and see about Lieutenant Fraser shall we, he could use a bit of your bedside mannner, burns to his back and hands from that 302 bust up last week."

<Medbay Recovery>

{Lt Kimberly Sutton~Nurse} {Dr. Emma Randall}

Emma returned a shocked look to the young nurse wondering just where all the excitement had drained from her life, because the most fun Emma ever had was the time her and her Sorority Sisters busted into the Frat parties and turned them into all night free-for-all's. Even still Emma couldn't imagine such a thing as she shook her head and retorted, "WOW Kim..... that's.....that's....well I just don't know what to say...I guess everyone has their own level of kink....but I'm sure glad you decided that type of behavior wasn't healthy. Maybe by losing you and his job he has learned his lesson." Emma gestured warmly hoping to relate a feeling of trust and empathy making her comfortable in revealing such a secret. "Well sometimes when I think I've heard it all.....I hear something that catches me completely off guard. I just don't know sometimes the young kids and the way in which they behave....it definitely seems the incidence of Bi Polar, Autism, ADHD, Depression, OCD and Anxiety disorders are sky rocketing these days. I have prescribed more psychotropic meds in the past year than I used to prescribe over the course of 3 years when I was on my previous assignment. I don't know if it's the stress level, the information overload, what we're eating....drinking.. I just don't know." Emma suddenly seemed frustrated relaying her story to Kim....really wanting to get to the bottom of the increased incidence in psychiatric conditions....but she realized one thing was for sure....she certainly had job security. She shuffled to catch up with the long legged woman and grabbed her clipboard on the way so she would have something to jot down her notes, "Yeah.....well....I heard about poor Lt. Fraser's injuries" she let out a forlorn sigh...."burns can be quite traumatic....they could play havoc with his mental recovery almost as much as the physical. It's all about coping....so yeah I'll be anxious to see how he is doing on that front."

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

As they reached the bedside Kim stopped at the end, picked up the chart and scanned through it. Simon seemed to be asleep but his eye lids fluttered, he knew she was there. In hushed tones she spoke to Emma. "Simon's plane was badly damaged, he could have bailed out and we'd have picked him up. In the skirmish we had as you know, two Al-kesh were giving us a lot of trouble and he on his own managed to draw them away so we could use our beam weapon..." She looked so sad at that moment and moved to the young man's side, taking his hand and feeling how clammy it was. The monitor showed a low BP and his heart rate was unsteady, possibly fever or infection. "Emma could you..."

The beeping was loud as Simon's vital signs began to drop, without blinking Kim reached over to the wall phone and through the ships PA she called. "Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency, Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency." She caught Emma's hand. "We'll need the cart..."

Comment

{Major KEvin Marks}

Not long after Kim sounded the alarm, Marks was in the Infirmary. "The Colonel wants to know whats going on!"
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

Kim flashed a quick look at Kevin Marks, panic in her eyes. She could deal with an emergency but if the worst happened it would sink morale on the ship at this time and especially for Sam Carter. Simon Fraser is one of the most loved pilots on the ship and she would do anything to save him. "Tell Colonel Carter that Simon is going into shock. We need a Doctor here asap and Beth is most likely fast asleep. You can also tell the Colonel that we will do everything we can to save him."

((waiting for Issy and SQ))

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

As they reached the bedside Kim stopped at the end, picked up the chart and scanned through it. Simon seemed to be asleep but his eye lids fluttered, he knew she was there. In hushed tones she spoke to Emma. "Simon's plane was badly damaged, he could have bailed out and we'd have picked him up. In the skirmish we had as you know, two Al-kesh were giving us a lot of trouble and he on his own managed to draw them away so we could use our beam weapon..." She looked so sad at that moment and moved to the young man's side, taking his hand and feeling how clammy it was. The monitor showed a low BP and his heart rate was unsteady, possibly fever or infection. "Emma could you..."

The beeping was loud as Simon's vital signs began to drop, without blinking Kim reached over to the wall phone and through the ships PA she called. "Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency, Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency." She caught Emma's hand. "We'll need the cart..."
                    <Medbay Recovery>

Emma immediately ran to grab the nearest crash cart and wheeled it into the room. She raced to Simon's side opposite of where Kim was working and she felt for his pulse near his carotid artery. "I know I'm not the attending doctor....but we're gonna need 5mcg's of Dopamine....and STAT!!" She gave Kim a stern glare..."and let's get him warmed up..... he's shocking out on us." Emma felt a rush of adrenaline pulse through her veins....it had been years since she actually practiced basic emergency medicine and she did feel quite rusty....however she knew that treatment in the early minutes of an emergency could mean the difference between life and death so she tried to hold it together long enough for Beth to arrive.

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

"Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency, Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency."

The sound filtered through to Beth's sleep-fuzzed mind, and cracking her eyelids, she rolled onto her side, before swinging her feet over the edge of her bunk. Dammit! For almost a full minute, she couldn't gather her thoughts, and she groped for the water and the pills on the side table. If there was an emergency, she'd have to forgo sleep, and hope drugs would do the trick... maybe if it was followed by a cup of coffee? Knocking back the water, she swallowed the pain killers, and answered the insistent call. "I guess there really is no rest for the wicked, or even the moderately poorly behaved, eh?" Sighing, she blew out a huff of breath and grabbed her clothes. "On my way, Kim. Just don't start the party."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                        <Medbay Recovery>

Emma immediately ran to grab the nearest crash cart and wheeled it into the room. She raced to Simon's side opposite of where Kim was working and she felt for his pulse near his carotid artery. "I know I'm not the attending doctor....but we're gonna need 5mcg's of Dopamine....and STAT!!" She gave Kim a stern glare..."and let's get him warmed up..... he's shocking out on us." Emma felt a rush of adrenaline pulse through her veins....it had been years since she actually practiced basic emergency medicine and she did feel quite rusty....however she knew that treatment in the early minutes of an emergency could mean the difference between life and death so she tried to hold it together long enough for Beth to arrive.
                        Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                        <Medbay Recovery>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

"Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency, Doctor Hayden recovery two emergency."

The sound filtered through to Beth's sleep-fuzzed mind, and cracking her eyelids, she rolled onto her side, before swinging her feet over the edge of her bunk. Dammit! For almost a full minute, she couldn't gather her thoughts, and she groped for the water and the pills on the side table. If there was an emergency, she'd have to forgo sleep, and hope drugs would do the trick... maybe if it was followed by a cup of coffee? Knocking back the water, she swallowed the pain killers, and answered the insistent call. "I guess there really is no rest for the wicked, or even the moderately poorly behaved, eh?" Sighing, she blew out a huff of breath and grabbed her clothes. "On my way, Kim. Just don't start the party."
                        <Medbay Recovery>

The call came through on Kim's comslink loud and clear, as she prepared the IV. No panic just the sheer adrenalin rush from going into action. Was this a foreboding of what is to come with the mission against the LA? Kim injected the Dopamine into the drip, then grabbed a heat blanket from the nearby cabinet. She held Emma's arm as she spoke to Beth. "Doctor, Simon is going into infection shock, BP seventy over forty eight, pulse fifty two and dropping, I have Emma here with me and we've administered Dopamine...over."

To Emma she locked eyes and spoke softly. "If we do anything tonight Emma, anything at all, we are going to save this boy...aren't we?"

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

"Broad spectrum antibiotic now, Kim, you know the drill. Take the bloods, get them to the lab, but don't bother waiting for results, and check those damn cannulas as a possible infection route." Beth snapped the orders, as she hurried along the corridors, heading for the medbay. Sepsis had always been a possibility for the kid, but she could have sworn they'd covered all their angles on this one. Damn, she hated loosing people, and she wasn't going to let this one croak now. "Check his breathing and intubate as needed. I'll be there in less than three minutes."
                          sigpic

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

The call came through on Kim's comslink loud and clear, as she prepared the IV. No panic just the sheer adrenalin rush from going into action. Was this a foreboding of what is to come with the mission against the LA? Kim injected the Dopamine into the drip, then grabbed a heat blanket from the nearby cabinet. She held Emma's arm as she spoke to Beth. "Doctor, Simon is going into infection shock, BP seventy over forty eight, pulse fifty two and dropping, I have Emma here with me and we've administered Dopamine...over."

To Emma she locked eyes and spoke softly. "If we do anything tonight Emma, anything at all, we are going to save this boy...aren't we?"
                            {Dr. Emma Randall}

Emma watched as the young nurse went to work....all they could do was hold him steady until Dr. Hayden could arrive. She felt for Simon's pulse again....cuz she never was one to trust the beeping monitors..... she wanted to feel with her own hands the heart beat coursing on her finger..... she felt it increasing slightly which was a positive sign....but still he was far from out of the woods. She gripped Kim's eyes as she replied in a determined voice... "No Kim....we are not going to lose him.... " She knew it wasn't within her control to keep him here that was up to her God and as she moved to adjust the IV's and monitor the drip level she sounded off a quiet prayer in her head... 'Oh Lord.....please not this young man.... help us save him....K?' She smiled back at Kim....somehow so relieved as she could hear Beth bark orders over the com...knowing they would somehow get it all under control.

Comment

<Medbay Recovery>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Coming through the doors, Beth made straight for the patient, holding her hand out for his chart. After accepting it from the now silent Kim, she perused it swiftly, and then checked the line feeding antibiotics at a steady rate. All they could do now was hope that antimicrobial management would do the trick, and wait for the lab results to see if they could narrow down the organism responsible for Simon's unexpected infection. "Did you ask the lab for arterial lactate levels, Emma? It might give us a better idea of prognosis, if they work on those too." The kid's breathing was shallow, and his colour was waxy. "Let's keep our fingers crossed this is a microbe that's going to respond to treatment."

It had been a long day, and now it would be a helluva lot longer, but Beth remembered her manners despite everything. "Good work, both of you."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                                {Dr. Emma Randall}

Emma watched as the young nurse went to work....all they could do was hold him steady until Dr. Hayden could arrive. She felt for Simon's pulse again....cuz she never was one to trust the beeping monitors..... she wanted to feel with her own hands the heart beat coursing on her finger..... she felt it increasing slightly which was a positive sign....but still he was far from out of the woods. She gripped Kim's eyes as she replied in a determined voice... "No Kim....we are not going to lose him.... " She knew it wasn't within her control to keep him here that was up to her God and as she moved to adjust the IV's and monitor the drip level she sounded off a quiet prayer in her head... 'Oh Lord.....please not this young man.... help us save him....K?' She smiled back at Kim....somehow so relieved as she could hear Beth bark orders over the com...knowing they would somehow get it all under control.
                                Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                <Medbay Recovery>

{Dr. Beth Hayden}

Coming through the doors, Beth made straight for the patient, holding her hand out for his chart. After accepting it from the now silent Kim, she perused it swiftly, and then checked the line feeding antibiotics at a steady rate. All they could do now was hope that antimicrobial management would do the trick, and wait for the lab results to see if they could narrow down the organism responsible for Simon's unexpected infection. "Did you ask the lab for arterial lactate levels, Emma? It might give us a better idea of prognosis, if they work on those too." The kid's breathing was shallow, and his colour was waxy. "Let's keep our fingers crossed this is a microbe that's going to respond to treatment."

It had been a long day, and now it would be a helluva lot longer, but Beth remembered her manners despite everything. "Good work, both of you."

Watching every little detail, monitors, physcial signs and listening to her surroundings, Kim walked around to the other side of Simon's bed as Emma went over him, checking for those minor details that having a team gives an amplified diagnosis to. She looked over her glasses again at Emma and nodded. "No we won't lose him Emma, not tonight, not anytime." As she spoke Beth came flying in as expected, the rountine so practiced between her and her staff.

She thought more about critical care at this point and made a decision based on her years of training, she turned to her CMO.

"I've left a page with Doctor Anthony ma'am. My gut feeling though, tells me his ACL is about 2.0 at the moment. Emma could you stay with Doctor Hayden for me please and I'll go to the lab and try and rouse him, if he's dead to the world as I suspect I'll do the analysis myself."
                                Last edited by RogueRanger; 08 December 2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X