Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was mjuch better than I enticipated.

I agree it had its eye-rolling moments, especially the second episode (yes, oh pulease indeed) - but let's admit it, the "sex-crazed alien", while always a bad idea, could have been so much worse!

They got me intrguied with the Doctor's hand. Maybe Jack's been lying? Maybe this is the key for his immortality?

Ausing they decided to locate this on Cardiff this time.

I don't buy the excuse for people not believing what happened with the Cybermen/ Daleks. Sorry, it made for an insanely beautiful series endign for Doctor Who, but it's compeltely and utterly unbelivable that once again the human race ignored aliens. Come on!

And... I dunno. With all the "this is more fo an adult show" - it just made me realise how much I love the innocent of Doctor Who. I think the cocnept has lost something with this transformation. The dramatic heights are much more touching when they're full with the innocence of Doctor Who.

But I still luike.

ETA: oh yeah. And I love the butler person.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
      I don't think you're alone, and I honestly don't think - and I hope this is the case - that we were ever supposed to think of Owen as anything but a nasty little sleaze. Given in general how he's behaved, they seem to be pitching him as the one who presents the unpleasant ideas so you don't have to aggressively dislike the rest of the team (even if he has yet to receive the slapping he so richly deserves).
      Owen was my favourite character! I find it strange that everyone hates him so much...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Owen was my favourite character! I find it strange that everyone hates him so much...
        The attempted date rape probably doesn't help.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Just seems to me people are being a little too over sensative, its only a bit of fun imo...

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            Spoiler:
            according to RTD, they all have same sex encounters over the course of the series, he claims he wants to try and challenge peoples perceptions of sexuality
            Oh that has put me right off, don't think I'm gonna bother with this series if its going to be full of that sort of stuff...

Comment

Are we sure it was only attempted? Because I figured he went through with it... with both of them. I also kinda thought this wasn't the first time he'd done it. The sequences were showing the team's routine use of alien tech outside of the workplace.

Either way it was obvious he INTENDED to have sex with that woman and that's enough to turn me right off the character. Permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Are we sure it was only attempted? Because I figured he went through with it... with both of them. I also kinda thought this wasn't the first time he'd done it. The sequences were showing the team's routine use of alien tech outside of the workplace.

Either way it was obvious he INTENDED to have sex with that woman and that's enough to turn me right off the character. Permanently.
                I'd certainly assumed it was more than attempted, but it was ambiguous and the attempt and intent is the culpable part. Whether he succeeded or not is more or less irrelevant, he's still a nasty little sleaze even if he did leg it and even if it was the first time he'd tried it.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks people are overreacting? I'd like to hear some comments on this from the writers, I honestly don't think they were trying to provoke this type of reaction (same with the stargate ones for a certain ep)... I mean, its just a bit of fun and I seriously doubt the majority of viewers would get so wound up about this or even take much notice, but die hard Sci-Fi fans to seem to go over every little detail

Comment

They were routinely using alien technology, but not necessarily that technology in particular. He wouldn't necessarily have had to smuggle it home if he had been using it regularly.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks people are overreacting? I'd like to hear some comments on this from the writers, I honestly don't think they were trying to provoke this type of reaction (same with the stargate ones for a certain ep)... I mean, its just a bit of fun and I seriously doubt the majority of viewers would get so wound up about this or even take much notice, but die hard Sci-Fi fans to seem to go over every little detail
                      Science Fiction is one of the most sophisticated methods of challenging the public to entertain new ideas, philosophies, or question what they know. Sci Fi is the best way to comment on society! I think such debates are always intended to be caused.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica View Post
                        They were routinely using alien technology, but not necessarily that technology in particular. He wouldn't necessarily have had to smuggle it home if he had been using it regularly.
                        I figured he'd smuggled it home at some earlier date and took it along whenever he felt the itch. But even if it was the first time and even if he didn't go through with it, the intent was still there. If the boyfriend hadn't come along, he would have had sex with that woman.

Sorry, but I don't find non-con sex funny. And I don't think I'm overreacting or that I need to lighten up and I'd appreciate it if my opinion was respected, not dismissed, no matter how much some may disagree with me.

Comment

^^ I agree with that part.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to dismiss your idea... just trying to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica View Post
                            I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to dismiss your idea... just trying to discuss.
                            You? No, you didn't.

Debates are good for the soul.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't find non-con sex funny. And I don't think I'm overreacting or that I need to lighten up and I'd appreciate it if my opinion was respected, not dismissed, no matter how much some may disagree with me.
                              But it's OK for you to red someone else for their opinion?

Comment

But it's OK for you to red someone elses opinion?
                                When I feel that it's being disrespectful? Yes. But then again, why does there have to be a "reason" for a red? I've gotten plenty of negs just for being me. Or for daring to neg someone else. *shrug* Your attitude offended me, I negged you for it. That simple.

Me? I'm more than happy to discuss multiple points of view, but when someone starts off by implying that there's something wrong with my opinion and continues to act as if I'm "overreacting" then I find it a bit difficult to maintain an open mind about the subject... and the person.

I dislike Owen. I think that he is either a rapist or an attempted rapist and while I could understand the joke the writers intended and can see how some might find it humorous, I don't share that particular sense of fun. I hope the character gets his come-uppance and soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X