No announcement yet.

Rip off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am now at the beginning of season three... and i only watching it because of sylar, nathan and matt because they are my favorite characters but the 4400 were so much better! Joel Gretsch (?, the priest from v, and the military guy from taken) is really awesome and i find it sad that he is not in more shows (or i missed him ^^ ). anyway, think 4400 were superior than heroes and it could go at least two more seasons, it
    Spoiler:
    never really got any real ending, and this always sucks
    lets hope the show v will pass its first season
    sigpic

Comment

I think Heroes is pretty original, although I have never seen The 4400. I can see some similarities to X-men but overall Heroes is different.

Comment

I think when something that has been around for the amount of time X-Men has, you are always going to get similarities because they've done every potential story so much they've had to create new universes for these stories.

In the last 10 years I can think of Mutant X, 4400 and Heroes. It's just hard to do new stories when there is something so well known that people can compare it with.

It's like Power Rangers. Been around since 1993, any similar show comes out and it's instantly a ripoff, a clone or a copy despite the fact the Japanese version of Power Rangers have been around since the mid 70s and the same type of genre (called Tokusatsu) is extremely popular in Japan, but because of Power Rangers here in the west, any similar show is instantly compared to Rangers.

sigpic

Comment

4400 and heroes are very loosely related.

A group of people who get superpowers?
          We see that all the time in all the superpower series, but of course there arent as many which have so many people with powers.

So they are somehow similiar, but it will be obvious that there will be some kind of scientist making experiments on the people with powers to take them away or give powers to normal people, and it's completely normal that the government will try to intervene to get rid of these people or to make their own army of supersoldiers.

It can be sheer coincidence, I dont think it's a rip off.

Comment

in a way there are some similarities but i think heroes came into its own..i loved the 4400 when it came out and it was a shame when it got canceled and couldn't finished the show properly...so i dont think heroes is a big rip off of the 4400..plus heroes came up with a lot of new powers and things like that which made the storylines really good and very interesting too watch...

Comment

lol RIP OFF, your mean 'No Ordinary Family' wtf! Cancel Heroes, then sign a show that's pretty much the same thing...wtf? Where's the logic in that?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                lol RIP OFF, your mean 'No Ordinary Family' wtf! Cancel Heroes, then sign a show that's pretty much the same thing...wtf? Where's the logic in that?
                Two different networks. Since Networks love to copy each other, I'd say ABC is trying to go for the Heroes audience of NBC.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I, for one, noticed this the moment I heard about Heroes...I refused to watch it for some time because I was bitter over the cancellation of The 4400 (both are owned by NBC). NBC marketed it to death while The 4400 was placed in USA. If The 4400 received even a fraction of Heroes budget to supplement the show it probably could have AT LEAST gone on to finish the story.

That being said, I did like Heroes once I watched, but you have to be blind to not see the plot similarities, not even considering the powers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Similar storytelling elements is not necessarily a rip off.

Comment

This sounds like something I might watch if it ends better than heroes did. Even though heroes got a little tired at the end, it still deserved a decent ending.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                        This sounds like something I might watch if it ends better than heroes did. Even though heroes got a little tired at the end, it still deserved a decent ending.
                        The 4400? It was good...It got a little weird in the end but it was still a fantastic series. It ends on a cliffhanger, though...
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the new Syfy show Alphas is a ripoof of Heroes....

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            The 4400? It was good...It got a little weird in the end but it was still a fantastic series. It ends on a cliffhanger, though...
                            Thanks for the info Gen. Chris. I was hoping that it didn't end that way, but that seems to be television nowadays. If the journey's worth more than the destination in the right ways then it can be worth it to watch. I'll keep it in mind.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                              Thanks for the info Gen. Chris. I was hoping that it didn't end that way, but that seems to be television nowadays. If the journey's worth more than the destination in the right ways then it can be worth it to watch. I'll keep it in mind.
                              Trust me, it is well worth watching. It sort of sucks you in. It was just mismanaged by USA...Originally the series was just that...a series. But USA wanted it changed to a miniseries, so the producers shrunk down what was supposed to be at least a five season series down to a five episode "getting the gist of what the problem is" miniseries. Then when it performed well, USA decided to give it full series status, which sent the producers scrambling trying try to make the story work again.

At least that is the impression I have gotten from what I have heard and read...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anaberration View Post
                                I think the new Syfy show Alphas is a ripoof of Heroes....
                                Other than both shows having characters who have supernatural powers I see no similarities between Alphas & Heroes.

Alphas is more a investigative type of show where the main characters deal with other super natural characters. If anything it's closer to the The 4400 than Heroes was.

About The 4400, even though it did end on a cliffhanger there are 2 REALLY well written books that finish off the storyline: "Welcome to Promise City" & "Promises Broken".

Comment

Working...
                                X