X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sends many hugs to BruTak*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

How about a pet pet peeve? You don't need to meow for an hour before dinner, GOLIATH

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        My mum passed away on Sunday.

But that's not what's bothering me.

My brother and sister-in-law collected mum's personal effects and whatnot from the care home yesterday afternoon and dropped them off here.
        Then we spent a half an hour or so sorting out which clothes etc. we wanted mum buried in.

Then my sis-in-law asked to see my bedroom - it'd been renovated a year ago and she hadn't seen the finished results.

She says nice things about my choice of carpet and wallpaper, then makes a couple of snippy remarks about how I live my life.

Right...
        Ok...

My mother has just passed away, we're still figuring out funeral arrangements, and sis-in-law's nipping my head already?

Missus, I'm not one of your kids. Neither am I one of your brothers.
        I am your husband's brother, and as such you do not get a say in my life.
        guess it lets you whittle down your "invite list" eh?

Comment

Honestly? If I could afford to and had a decent paying job to go to, I'd sell this house (which I've been living in since I was 15), move far far away, not tell any bugger where I was going, and just cut all ties with my immediate family.

I'd miss my two nieces right enough. But they're both grown up now and living their own lives.

My brother's eight years older than me, and we've never been particularly close.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

People are arseholes, been my pet peeve my entire working life.

Yeah, that one is going to get deleted.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

yep......I'm 39 and already longing for my retirement years....so I can sit on my apartment balcony or patio and laugh at the people still doing the rat race

Comment

Honestly? If I could afford to and had a decent paying job to go to, I'd sell this house (which I've been living in since I was 15), move far far away, not tell any bugger where I was going, and just cut all ties with my immediate family.

I'd miss my two nieces right enough. But they're both grown up now and living their own lives.

My brother's eight years older than me, and we've never been particularly close.
                see if Whole Foods has openings in Buffalo....I work full time there and the pay ain't half bad ($15/hour to start and I'm currently at $16.10/hour)....that plus your proceeds from the house should give you some breathing room

esp. if you can swing full time hours...there's nice apartments within walking distance of Whole Foods for just under $1000/month that include heat and water/sewer

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Why? It's not political in any way. Oh, and by the way, on this we agree.

Except that in most cases, I don't think their behavior is deliberate malice. They're just too damned stupid to know any better.

Comment

My mum passed away on Sunday.
                    Sorry for your loss, BruTak. *virtual hugs*

Originally posted by anaesthetic View Post
                    How about a pet pet peeve? You don't need to meow for an hour before dinner, GOLIATH
                    Every cat knows to properly alert the hooman that the hunger is coming, well in advance.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    yep......I'm 39 and already longing for my retirement years....so I can sit on my apartment balcony or patio and laugh at the people still doing the rat race
                    As we are the same age... I can retire on the 1st of February 2046. Let the countdown commence!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Facebook is pissing me off today (well, more than usual).

Since yesterday morning, I've been stuck on the mobile site - even though I'm using Chrome on my Chromebook.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Facebook is pissing me off today (well, more than usual).

Since yesterday morning, I've been stuck on the mobile site - even though I'm using Chrome on my Chromebook.
                        Facebook pisses everybody off. if that was their only problem, we would be lucky. But I haven't encountered that one.. maybe its an "exclusive feature" for Google users?

Comment

It seems to be only affecting Chrome. I fired up my old Windows laptop, using Firefox as my browser, and everything's fine.
                          sigpic

Comment

It seems to be only affecting Chrome. I fired up my old Windows laptop, using Firefox as my browser, and everything's fine.
                            The lesson here should be clear. Avoid google's products whenever possible.

Comment

Latest peeve:

Slow as heck drivers

The MINIMUM SPEED is 45, it is not 15, If the speed limit is 55-60, HIT THE GAS ALREADY, but noo, guy is driving at 15 on the county route when the speed limit sign says.... 60. Worst part, NO PLACE TO PASS THE GUY

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Latest peeve:

Slow as heck drivers

The MINIMUM SPEED is 45, it is not 15, If the speed limit is 55-60, HIT THE GAS ALREADY, but noo, guy is driving at 15 on the county route when the speed limit sign says.... 60. Worst part, NO PLACE TO PASS THE GUY
                                I feel your pain. At least it sounds like you have min. speeds there. We don't.

A few other things to think about. Ever notice that when one of these rolling roadblocks causes an accident they're never at fault?

Or this: Many towns/municipalities syncronize their stoplights so that once you get on sync, you're supposed to catch most of the lights green. This practice began in the 1980's or so, when energy costs were rising rapidly. It will save gas.

There is an area around me that does this. But with a catch. The sync speed is about 10 MPH above the speed limit in the area. So, if you aren't caught in slowpokes, you can catch sync if you are quick. But deity help you if you're stuck behind a slowpoke. You're guaranteed to get every light red.

How stupid is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X