No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone made artwork for their homes? Maybe poster-ish sizes? How does one go about that? We just remodeled/ decorated the house and I've got a totally empty wall.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a good idea to use your own art on the walls

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Has anyone made artwork for their homes? Maybe poster-ish sizes? How does one go about that? We just remodeled/ decorated the house and I've got a totally empty wall.
        In my case I have done it before, made poster sized stuff, basically I'd make something in my art program, save it to a CDRW disc, and take that to walmart or whatever photoplace, and then have them send it to their center to make a proper POSTER sized item for me. {thre largest they can make is I think 8.5x11 images}

So that aside what you would want to ensure is that the image {or images depending on the total} you want are on the disc and nothing private or otherwise is on the disc or thumbdrive, last I knew they DO send the disc/thumbdrive back with the finished product{s}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hello arty folks.
          Has anyone here done any Lucifer/DeckerStar sig sized artwork?
          I have some idea's but I lack the skill to actually make them. PM me if you are interested. Thank you.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            In my case I have done it before, made poster sized stuff, basically I'd make something in my art program, save it to a CDRW disc, and take that to walmart or whatever photoplace, and then have them send it to their center to make a proper POSTER sized item for me. {thre largest they can make is I think 8.5x11 images}

So that aside what you would want to ensure is that the image {or images depending on the total} you want are on the disc and nothing private or otherwise is on the disc or thumbdrive, last I knew they DO send the disc/thumbdrive back with the finished product{s}
            It's a place to start. Thank you!
            sigpic

Comment

I have not done that but if it is original arts you did, you could try using poster printing websites. You have to upload the image you want to have as a poster and they will put it onto the medium you want. Paper, canvas etc, however those sites mostly only take original photos and arts and nothing that is fan art for copyright reasons

@Gatefan: sorry no I did not

Comment

Funny.
                I am asking about Lucifer and it is the angel of death who answers

All good Az'ryel, thank you for answering. Guess I will have to put up with the awesome sig R.I.G made for me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                  I have not done that but if it is original arts you did, you could try using poster printing websites. You have to upload the image you want to have as a poster and they will put it onto the medium you want. Paper, canvas etc, however those sites mostly only take original photos and arts and nothing that is fan art for copyright reasons

@Gatefan: sorry no I did not
                  Thank you for the pointer. Had no idea such places existed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Funny.
                    I am asking about Lucifer and it is the angel of death who answers

All good Az'ryel, thank you for answering. Guess I will have to put up with the awesome sig R.I.G made for me.
                    I "lent" that name from one of my characters I used for a role play once, he was indeed a death bringer

Thank you for the pointer. Had no idea such places existed
                    I know of a few available where I live, but I am sure those are not the only sites

Comment

I "lent" that name from one of my characters I used for a role play once, he was indeed a death bringer
                      Ahh, a fellow gamer
                      sigpic

Comment

I know of a few available where I live, but I am sure those are not the only sites
                        Oh, I live in a very small town in a rural area. I'll look online
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Ahh, a fellow gamer
                          yes, digitally and analog really

Oh, I live in a very small town in a rural area. I'll look online
                          I meant online anyway, I know sites available in my country but, I am not sure they would ship elsewhere so I said there are surely others too. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

So as Jumble said I should keep posting my art, there you go

"A Heart in the Dark"

Comment

I have never heard of this editing program, PhotoFiltre, until I saw it mentioned somewhere, and it was possibly when I was looking for custom content stuff for The Sims 4, but anyway here are the links.

PhotoFiltre - Raster graphics editor
                              Wikipeida: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoFiltre
                              Site for Program: http://www.photofiltre.com/

I just thought I would post this for those who like to have multiple editing programs.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                No need to worry about that

Here's the Helen Magnus wallpaper again:

[img]g[/img]

I made this one yesterday:

[img][/img]

It's been three months since I last photoshopped, time flies!
                                Those are lovely!

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                                What program do you use? I love the white on black. Have always been a fan of different background colors.

I also am lucky to have the time. Can't say it has been entirely productive, but I am having fun learning the new program and doing some fanfic writing. I haven't done any Stargate art in a while, but these are two pieces for Miss Fisher that I made this weekend.

Phryne Fisher in Blue
                                Phryne Fisher in Blood
                                I'm not familiar with the show but your artworks are lovely! Welcome to the thread

So as Jumble said I should keep posting my art, there you go

"A Heart in the Dark"
                                That's very striking!

Yes, I said that, and I'm glad to see that the thread is carrying on despite the lack of challenges. And it's nice to see new faces as well as old ones coming back

(I don't mean your faces are old, just that you haven't been around for awhile, OK? )

Comment

Working...
                                X