No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my grades in. All A's. So I graduated with a 4.0!!! Partaaaaaaaaay!!

FruityDrink.jpg

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Huh, weird. I had no trouble replying to all three of you. Which I suppose means I'm about to get hit with whatever bug is causing it...
    It seems to come and go. I had to close out my browser twice to get it to work just now.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Ah, Game of Thrones. I kind of stopped caring after Season 3, and nearly every season after that made the show seem less and less interesting. And the ways things have gone this season, and the way everyone is up in arms, I feel like my decision was validated.

I'd probably be super pissed if I was still invested in the show, as opposed to just rolling my eyes and annoyed.

I saw Endgame a while back too. I thought it was mostly good. Although I did have my share of criticisms and confusions.

Spoiler:
    I will say I was a little surprised about some of the endings. It wasn't a huge shock, but I kind of thought it was more likely that Cap and Tony's endings would have been essentially switched around. And yeah, I did spare a thought for Scary Kitty at the end. I kind of expected a little more from Tony and Pepper's final goodbye.

Steve lifting Thor's Hammer is from the comics though, and it was set up in Age of Ultron, so I think it was only natural they finally got around to that. I had thought for a while they weren't going to pay that off.

I actually thought what they did to Thor was the most egregious part of the film. It's really not cool to turn a traumatized character into the comic relief.

Although I generally liked Endgame more than GoT, I ended up seeing "The Long Night" the same day I got back from the movie, and in both cases I remember being taken aback by the low number of casualties.
    Yes, I was also pissed about what they did with Thor. Although
    Spoiler:
    his scene with Frigga was so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42907[/ATTACH]
      Knew you could do it but I used to be the same way. I'm excited for your new venture.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Knew you could do it but I used to be the same way. I'm excited for your new venture.
        Thanks!! Yeah, my family is like "why are you surprised" but I am.

Comment

I don't know what that 4 means but A's can only mean good things so congratulations!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I don't know what that 4 means but A's can only mean good things so congratulations!
            It means I got an A in every class I took through the whole program.

Thanks!

Comment

It means I got an A in every class I took through the whole program.
              Ah, it's a sum of all A's...

... doh!!!

Mind you my brain is put through the wringer as I'm trying a problem in an automated process and the solution is so far eluding me and I'm at the end of my rope.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! Had a busy busy day shopping and assorted errands from early to late yesterday and fell right into bed. Still tired.

Hmm, I'm still unsure about
                Spoiler:
                Jon sitting on the Iron Throne, but Arya killing Dany? After her personal story in 805 (that scene with the horse was ICONIC) and her rather obvious placement in the 806 teaser, I'm thinking yes. Of course, I suppose they could be setting up a red herring, but...

Yeah, this season is going way too fast. I had hopes that since the episodes were supposed to be longer, that it would give enough time, but then they came out with run times and I started having doubts. Just 80-ish minutes per episode isn't enough.

Yeah, re: Endgame
                Spoiler:
                I also thought Steve and Tony's fates would be switched. It seemed like the more logical way to go, but evidently the writers/directors wanted to be edgy and subvert our expectations. Ugh, this is Marvel, guys, not Game of Thrones or DC.

Oh don't even get me started on Thor. I would've been much happier if they'd treated him the way Tony was treated in Iron Man 3; yes, that had moments of humor, but his issues were never turned into a joke like Thor's were. I will say I loved Thor's scene with Frigga in the past, though.

*snorts* My condolences to Star Wars fans.

Yeah, the post-ep features have been helpful in understanding what's going on, but you're right, it should be in the episode itself. They're breaking one of the cardinal rules of good storytelling: Show, don't tell.

Looking back, 10 seasons or even 9 would've been so much better.
                Spoiler:
                Make S7 the war against the dead, S8 the war to dethrone Cersei, S9 the final jockeying for position once the dust settles.

Heh! I've been working on an old unfinished fic from an old fandom, and finding it so much more satisfying than current fandom shenanigans have been. And good food helps too.
                Great idea. Fanfic, good food and I'm probably adding some wine to the mix come Sunday. Also hit with the Grey's season finale and Big Bang Theory series finale last night. This has been a tough 30 days.

On End Game-

Spoiler:
                They could have handled Thor's challenges differently and it took quite a bit of screen time to provide I guess what they wanted to be some comic relief. That was some valuable screen real estate.
                The biggest scene I am shocked they wasted the time on is Joe Russo's cameo. He said in an article that discussed his role that "representation is really important." I agree 100%, but where was that representation- authentic and from a character who is a necessary part of the story- in the first 20 plus movies? You could have taken Russo's character out of the movie and the story would have been unchanged, so why was it there? There were gay characters in the comics. They could have and should have done better.

And I like your GoT pitch for how the seasons should have been laid out. There is a petition out there asking for HBO to redo the last season. It'll never happen, but just shows how prevalent the disapproval is.

Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment. Time to treat yourself to some fun!

... doh!!!

Mind you my brain is put through the wringer as I'm trying a problem in an automated process and the solution is so far eluding me and I'm at the end of my rope.
                TGIF? Hopefully your brain gets a break this weekend.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Awesomesauce! Congratulations, I knew you could do it!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Great idea. Fanfic, good food and I'm probably adding some wine to the mix come Sunday. Also hit with the Grey's season finale and Big Bang Theory series finale last night. This has been a tough 30 days.

On End Game-

Spoiler:
                  They could have handled Thor's challenges differently and it took quite a bit of screen time to provide I guess what they wanted to be some comic relief. That was some valuable screen real estate.
                  The biggest scene I am shocked they wasted the time on is Joe Russo's cameo. He said in an article that discussed his role that "representation is really important." I agree 100%, but where was that representation- authentic and from a character who is a necessary part of the story- in the first 20 plus movies? You could have taken Russo's character out of the movie and the story would have been unchanged, so why was it there? There were gay characters in the comics. They could have and should have done better.
                  OMG, I was rolling my eyes so hard at
                  Spoiler:
                  Joe Russo's cameo. Waste of time is right, they could've spent that on actually coming up with a better way to take out Thanos & his goon squad that didn't kill Tony. Hell, it took me only 5 minutes to come up with a great idea, the only downside would be that 2014 Gamora would have to go back to 2014. Bye bye Guardians 3.

And I like your GoT pitch for how the seasons should have been laid out. There is a petition out there asking for HBO to redo the last season. It'll never happen, but just shows how prevalent the disapproval is.
                  Heh, someone ought to start a petition for a redo of Endgame.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm glad to see another Big Bang fan. We plan to watch it tonight over pizza. I'm going to miss those guys. My brother is a Sheldon though maybe not as smart, so I could have written this show. In fact it sometimes annoys me that they write him as too flexible. Believe me, having a Sheldon in your life is not a comedy. Just curious, do you watch Young Sheldon?
                    sigpic

Comment

TGIF? Hopefully your brain gets a break this weekend.
                      More than a break, I have the next 5 days off. Going catsitting.
                      I put a paper on the door of the cabinets in which our two robots reside -- out of order.

Believe me, having a Sheldon in your life is not a comedy.
                      My sister would agree.

Comment

My sister would agree.
                        No, my brother could never have the kind of conversations with people you have. Especially those whose views don't exactly line up with his. Never mind the lack of empathy and failure to understand sarcasm. He's Sheldon on steroids.
                        sigpic

Comment

No, my brother could never have the kind of conversations with people you have. Especially those whose views don't exactly line up with his. Never mind the lack of empathy and failure to understand sarcasm. He's Sheldon on steroids.
                          Oye... Sheldon on steroids

Comment

... doh!!!

Oh dear. I'm sure you're glad it's the weekend, huh?

On End Game-

Spoiler:
                            Yeah, that whole
                            Spoiler:
                            "representation" thing was so freaking lame!! If you make a central character gay then yes, you have done representation. As you said, it was a pointless cameo.

Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment. Time to treat yourself to some fun!
                            Thanks!! I've been chilling this week.

Awesomesauce! Congratulations, I knew you could do it!
                            Thanks!!!

I'm glad to see another Big Bang fan. We plan to watch it tonight over pizza. I'm going to miss those guys. My brother is a Sheldon though maybe not as smart, so I could have written this show. In fact it sometimes annoys me that they write him as too flexible. Believe me, having a Sheldon in your life is not a comedy. Just curious, do you watch Young Sheldon?
                            My brother and sister-in-law love that show. They call me Sheldon a lot. Whatever.

Comment

My brother and sister-in-law love that show. They call me Sheldon a lot. Whatever.
                              Oye... Sheldon on steroids
                              There are many degrees of Sheldon. My brother is in the stage where it drives him crazy that the mailman comes at a different time every day. And you don't even want to listen to him when he gets a piece of someone else's mail. OMG

That said, I loved how the show ended except for
                              Spoiler:
                              the part where Sheldon realized what an ass he is and said nice things about his friends. Uh no. But the part where he hated Amy's new look was spot on.

Another good Sheldon moment with my brother is he has a very nice neighbor who comes to visit and if she sees him through the door, just walks in. I say "if only there was some way to keep that from happening" but it goes right over his head. But then I worry that he doesn't lock his door. Sigh.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh dear. I'm sure you're glad it's the weekend, huh?
                                This week especially...

But it is extended by 3 days so I'm freed of the fall-out that the process isn't working, though I'm sure that if they could have done so they would of revoked my 3-days off. I'm glad they didn't cause I'm catsitting to the most sweetest little cat ever.

And finally have time to continue my stargate rewatch, and go and watch Detective Pikachu. Probably should have gone with Endgame but I think I'll wait just a little longer until there aren't as many people going to see it and have plenty space at the cinema cause our cinema seats are of a quality that ensure you're in pain at the end of the film cause they are far from comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X