No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 Streaming on Amazon Prime June 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the first two seasons on DVD and they don’t look that great...
    "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
      I have the first two seasons on DVD and they don’t look that great...
      Yeah there were mistakes made when the DVDs were made.

So I just checked with Amazon and was told that B5 should be available to stream on Amazon globally in June unless Warner Brothers has dictated that specific countries are not allowed to stream it. So if you live in one of those countries then Warner Brothers does not want you to see Babylon 5. I think it is a conspiracy.

Comment

This is my first post on this forum in very a long time. Not being able to find my password didn't exactly help lol.

It's interesting that B5 will be streaming in June. We have been on a B5 rewatch for the past several weeks, going through my DVDs, and we just started season 5 yesterday.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          This is my first post on this forum in very a long time. Not being able to find my password didn't exactly help lol.

It's interesting that B5 will be streaming in June. We have been on a B5 rewatch for the past several weeks, going through my DVDs, and we just started season 5 yesterday.
          Hey there CF, nice to see you
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Hey there CF, nice to see you
            Thanks! Good to see you as well. We just got home from watching Solo and we'll be watching B5 shortly. We left off at "Strange Relations."
            sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately Amazon is only streaming S1 - 2, 4 - 5 and are charging $30 for S3.

Comment

Originally posted by balrog9 View Post
                Unfortunately Amazon is only streaming S1 - 2, 4 - 5 and are charging $30 for S3.
                THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CATCHING THAT!!!!! I just had Season One streaming along in the background and I didn't even think to check all the other seasons.

I have already contacted Amazon. They said the content provider may have limited access, but they were working to resolve the issue, so it didn't sound like they were certain and maybe it is just a technical glitch.

In the meantime, so far I have heard it is not available in the U.K., Germany, and Australia. Has anyone else outside the U.S. learned that they are able to stream B5 through Prime?

Comment

Okay so it looks like it was a technical glitch and Season 3 is available now. SO that is great news. Now they just need to fix the glitch of it not being available outside the U.S. How RIDICULOUS!!!!! Do your research people!!!!! B5 has always been more popular outside the U.S. Hopefully having it on Prime will create more U.S. fans, but denying the rest of the world is just bad business.

Comment

Fantastic! Looks as if they have six of the movies as well.

Comment

So the five that are in the Movie Collection DVD set (The Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, The River of Souls, A Call to Arms) plus...what? Legend of the Rangers, or Lost Tales?
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I will check, later.

Comment

No unfortunately the movies have not been added, but you can see the ORIGINAL version of The Gathering (1993) because it has been designated Season 1 Episode 0. The Special Edition version of The Gathering (1998) is designated to be one of the movies.

So these must all be purchased to view:

$7.99 The Gathering Special Edition (1998)
                          $7.99 In The Beginning (1998)
                          $7.99 River of Souls (1998)
                          $7.99 Thirdspace (1998)
                          $7.99 A Call To Arms (1999)
                          $7.99 The Legend of The Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight (2002)
                          $19.99 The Lost Tales (2007

I guess they raised the price on The Lost Tales because it is the most recent Babylon 5 production. It was not that high the last time I checked. Legend of The Rangers actually came down in price. It was $14.99 last time I checked.

BTW, I've heard from one person that they are having audio sync issues on Amazon. Please speak up if you are having the same issue.
                          Last edited by Looney; 03 June 2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

My apologies, Looney is correct; I'd made the assumption that the movies were Prime-available as well.

Comment

My apologies, Looney is correct; I'd made the assumption that the movies were Prime-available as well.
                              No worries. Did you assume the movies were available because you were able to watch a version of The Gathering (1993)? I know I would have thought the movies were available if I had started there, but I own digital versions of that and Season One on Amazon so I actually started re-watching the series about two weeks ago leading into the Prime release of the series.

Comment

We live for the Prime, we die for the Prime.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X