Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    best series finale I've ever seen
    That's not what you said at the time mate!

Edit: I think the ending to The Sopranos is brilliant, because it's so understated. A good sense of finality, while allowing you to continue making your own interpretations. I wonder if people who love the BSG ending like the Sopranos ending, and vice-versa?

Edit II: None of my mates here in the UK liked the BSG finalé. Is it a cultural thing? Educational thing (all have good degrees and jobs)? Or even an age thing (all are around the 30 mark)? I just don't understand how it can be so polemic. Or rather... I just don't understand how anybody can think it was awesome and properly did BSG justice.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
      That's not what you said at the time mate!
      and what did I say?
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Sure I remember you being quite critical.

I must've misremembered.

Comment

i LOVED daybreak no complainant here
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Edit: I think the ending to The Sopranos is brilliant, because it's so understated. A good sense of finality, while allowing you to continue making your own interpretations. I wonder if people who love the BSG ending like the Sopranos ending, and vice-versa?

Edit II: None of my mates here in the UK liked the BSG finalé. Is it a cultural thing? Educational thing (all have good degrees and jobs)? Or even an age thing (all are around the 30 mark)? I just don't understand how it can be so polemic. Or rather... I just don't understand how anybody can think it was awesome and properly did BSG justice.
            24, Canadian, loved 'Made in America' and 'Daybreak'.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

- Cavil's totally unnecessary-yet-hilarious suicide.
              Oh great! I'm the only who though that was awesome and hilarious. It sounds absurd but Cavil became one of my favorites if not my most favorite character in that instant, I thought it was THAT great!

Comment

Loved it, even if it left a lot unresolved.

Head Six has claimed since season 1 that she was an angel, so getting it proved right wasn't exactly a surprise. Hera's fate as "Lucy" threw me for a loop, but explained a lot of what followed. Hera was also young enough to adapt to life among the hominids, something I doubt the adults who were used to technology would be able to do. Somehow I found Starbuck's fate very unsatisfactory, I expected something more from her.

Certainly I've seen much worse series finales...
                sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it very much. The flashbacks gave a lot of insight into the characters lives; Roslin at first reluctant to join Adar's campaign, etc. The battle was amazing; the effects and the battle itself were memorable. I especially liked how Racetrack fulfilled her wish to die taking out as many cylons as possible.

I was very surprised when Galactica jumped to our Earth and revealed that the show took place 150,000 years in our past.

All in all it was a very good episode
                  Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

It was great. The whole battle scene's were amazing. Some of the best visual's i've seen of any show and some movies. I do have a few complaint's though, the first being the nuclear explosion on the colony. The explosion's just didn't look right, they were easily 3 times the size of the colony. When Galactica was hit with a nuke way back in the mini-series, the explosion was roughly the same size as Galactica. Since galactica looked like a tiny pin sticking out the side of the colony, it would take alot of nukes to create the explosion we saw. So it was either a production error or those were some very high yield multi gigaton nukes.

The second being some of the flashbacks. Sure a few offered us new insight on the character's past, but a few just seemed unnecessary. For instance, Adama puking his gut's out, the only new insight that offers us is the fact that Adama is a light weight.

Third is the ending of the episode. It would have been better if they expanded it alittle. Tell us how thought's, idea's, culture's and religion from an advanced civilization 150,000 years ago managed to randomly pop up throughout history. Someone here on the forum's posted his/her version of how to ending should have been that i thought would have fit nicely, it involved genetic memory passed on to us from the colonial's 150,000 years ago.

besides that, the episode was great.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      24, Canadian, loved 'Made in America' and 'Daybreak'.
                      Canadians are generally smarter/better-educated than Americans right? That's the perception from over here anyway.

Comment

I'm not touching that one
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Canadians are generally smarter/better-educated than Americans right? That's the perception from over here anyway.
                          I want to get angry, but I can't(cause it might be true)....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            I want to get angry, but I can't(cause it might be true)....
                            I find it hard to believe that given how simliar the two countries are to one another I find it to believe that the inteligence level of the two are that different
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I find it hard to believe that given how simliar the two countries are to one another I find it to believe that the inteligence level of the two are that different
                              I agree with Jel.
                              and on topic:
                              I for one was glad BSG was over to clear a time slot for perhaps a show I would watch.
                              *raises force shield*
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                                I agree with Jel.
                                and on topic:
                                I for one was glad BSG was over to clear a time slot for perhaps a show I would watch.
                                *raises force shield*
                                *draws Girlbot out of force shield with promises of free pastries* How dare you insult BSG!?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X