Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I'm aware, American Mythology have so far been the only company who have approached MGM about creating comics for SGA. Or if there have been other proposals from companies MGM hasn't gone for them.

That's what I understand based off of the following interview between the two co-writers and a russian Stargate fansite.

http://atlantis-tv.ru/interview/mark...s-and-jcvaughn

I think it also stems from the fact that this company seems to be a fairly recent creation but is helmed by people with decades of experience in the industry. They just need a bit of a push to get things going, as major licensing deals, labour and publishing cost a lot of money. The two writers hope that this project could be so successful that it will make MGM re-evaluate the lack of focus on the Stargate franchise.

Comment

Nearly halfway there after a day. It's going way better than I thought it would - our fandom seems quite dismissive towards EU projects like this so I'm quite pleased.

They're only a small company so that's more than likely why they need the boost. I'm happy to help.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm more concerned of the longterm effect.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Interesting article...

However, I'm officially out:

MLH: Yes, we will. Definitely. Every character you saw on SGA that didn’t die in the course of the series is fair game for storytelling purposes and we’ve got some cool ideas cooking so stay tuned!

Comment

Why are you out?

Comment

Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I'm in. As far as I'm concerned Ford is dead, but if they can whip up a plausible story as to how he survived then sure let's do it - I always did wish that Ford had a bit more to do on the show.

This makes me infinitely more excited at the idea of Weir somehow returning. Her storyline in S4 and S5 was so badly handled and I'd love for her to have a chance at coming back. I'm not sure who else could come back.

Also:
              The kickstarter has passed half of its funding goal! 58 backers and $5,122/$10,000 funded! I just hope more people hear about it and get involved.

I've joined fan groups on Facebook, posted about it on Tumblr, retweeted a bunch, but I still fear that not many people are becoming aware. Would it be worth making a news post on the forums specifically to highlight this Kickstarter?

Comment

There have already been several other threads created to promote the SGA/SGU comics and the Kickstarter appeal.
                We've been closing them down to refer readers to this thread, as per normal policy regarding fan campaigns.

If you'd like Darren to consider running a feature on the GW Homepage,write to him at the [email protected] address.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

More info in the new comics

Comic article

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    Why are you out?
                    Because my favorite character died and will not return.
                    There was a teeny tiny bit of hope which was crushed to itty-bitty pieces. I'm always hoping (to usually getting it crushed) but shall have to accept that no one deems her important enough to bring her back.

I'll just stick to the virtual season 6 where she does return.

Comment

They don't say there's no chance of bringing dead characters back. And even if it is Weir (I'm assuming), she wasn't actually killed per se. You seem to be looking for reasons not to support this.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        They don't say there's no chance of bringing dead characters back. And even if it is Weir (I'm assuming), she wasn't actually killed per se. You seem to be looking for reasons not to support this.
                        It's not Weir, and she didn't die (or so I assume).

Comment

Who are you referring to then? The only female character of note that definitely died on SGA that I can think of is Kate Heightmeyer? (I think I spelt that right.)

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                            Who are you referring to then? The only female character of note that definitely died on SGA that I can think of is Kate Heightmeyer? (I think I spelt that right.)
                            That is indeed correct, and she's the one I refer to. She so happens to be my personal favorite character.
                            And yes, I know only in 5 episodes, not important in the grand scheme things (after all, she was only the psychologist - just a red shirt in the long lines of red shirts...).

Comment

They've cracked 6k! Just hope the momentum is kept up!
                              sigpic

Comment

Worth noting: Kickstarter projects generally do a good deal of their pledges in the beginning phase, then peter out until near the end, followed by a bit of a final blitz. Definitely a good idea to spread the word; you might be surprised how abruptly "wow, already at x!" frequently becomes "...what the hell happened?"
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X