Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Lool, just rewatched the episode
    My favourite quote has got to be Rory: Cant you sonic it?
    Doctor: It doesnt do wood
    Rory: Well thats rubbish
    Doctor: Oii, dont diss the sonic!!

I dont have any problem with the aliens that have been on the show so far
    Amen to that!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So, the green stuff on Tony's neck...is he becoming a Silurian, or is it just a slow acting venom? Will he kill Alaya in some kind of attempt to get the cure or out of revenge?

Also, the trailer for next week...looks good. Who saves Amy, and how, and just what are they doing to the Doctor?

As for the humanoid aliens thing, I totally agree that they look too human, but I expect it's expensive and difficult to make something properly alien that can also elicit positive emotions (since Silurians aren't evil, they're just acting in perceived self-defence), and ultimately much easier to just stick a bit of latex and face paint on and call it non-human.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

An enjoyable episode, with some briliant bits. One problem is that I expected Rory to kick up big time over the Doctor losing Amy, he just seemed to roll over.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
          An enjoyable episode, with some briliant bits. One problem is that I expected Rory to kick up big time over the Doctor losing Amy, he just seemed to roll over.
          And he would have done. But I think Rory saw how much The Doctor was hurting and then he also said that he needed him.

And the way he said it I think spoke alot more to how he feels about Rory and Amy than is immediately obvious. It seems to me that he wasn't just saying that he needed Rory to help him, but that he generally needed them both in his life.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            And he would have done. But I think Rory saw how much The Doctor was hurting and then he also said that he needed him.

And the way he said it I think spoke alot more to how he feels about Rory and Amy than is immediately obvious. It seems to me that he wasn't just saying that he needed Rory to help him, but that he generally needed them both in his life.
            Well said. I think Rory is really starting to warm to the Doctor, and see him as more than just a dangerous madman who's dragging his girlfriend across time and space...I think he's slowly starting to enjoy the travelling and the adventure, and coming to understand the Doctor. I think that scene communicated a lot in a small amount of time and dialogue.

I'm wondering if this episode is completely standalone, or if there are one or two subtle references to the series arc...I can't help but think that the Doctor seeing the Rory and Amy from the future may end up having some significance...especially since only the Doctor saw them in close up.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Really nice episode, can't wait for next week Secret civilizations calling us apes, what's not to like?
              Loved Nasreen she really is companion material and as a geology nerd- yay!

Comment

Very good episode but I thought it was pretty dull till right at the end. It was nice between the Doctor and Rory, Amy was hardly in it witch was disapointing but that geologist women (is it me or was she in the first ep as a doctor) was really good with her interaction with the doctor. Some good quotes as well my favourite was "what does it (the Tardis) do" "everything" witch is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                  Very good episode but I thought it was pretty dull till right at the end. It was nice between the Doctor and Rory, Amy was hardly in it witch was disapointing but that geologist women (is it me or was she in the first ep as a doctor) was really good with her interaction with the doctor. Some good quotes as well my favourite was "what does it (the Tardis) do" "everything" witch is true.
                  No, the Geologist is Meera Syall, the Doctor was Nina Wadia, both of them did appear in Goodness Gracious Me

Psst Ben, how can you call Christine Bleakly a 'Real Woman'? She's out of her depth in a puddle

Comment

Quite enjoyed it!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked this weeks episode. There were a lot of little things I liked. The kid quoting Holmes, the return of a classic Who enemy even though I still haven't seen any episode with Three (i am so behind with my Classic Who watch) and the doc showing again his arrogant and more abrasive side. I love Eleven. He is a wonderfully cranky *******. He really has a lot from Seven. Four but also Ten were always super friendly- especially to enemies. Four could be grumpy but most of the times he kept his sunny smile. Eleven on the other hand has no qualms showing his disdain and is a cold, arrogant ******* to those who in his eyes deserve that treatment and dishes out himself. To be honest, after Ten turning into a complete emo (thanks RTD) it is rather refreshing.

Anyway...where was I? Right. I love Eleven. I still don't like Amy there was thankfully not much of her around, though I thought she was amusing when she was all confrontational when she was in that glass prison. "Did you just 'Shh' me?!" Donna would have done the same. :misses Donna: Unlike his fiancée Rory is really growing on me and I wouldn't mind at all if he sticks around for the rest of the season. So yeah that was a nice and solid episode. The preview for next week looks really good
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                        I still don't like Amy there was thankfully not much of her around
                        You must be mad!

Something interesting I found on the Doctor Who Wikia:
                        The completed episode had a running time of sixty minutes, requiring over fifteen minutes of footage to be removed in order to fit its broadcast slot.
                        I wonder if the DVD/BD release will have the extended/full cut.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          You must be mad!

Sorry but I really, really can't warm up to her and by now I have given up on ever liking her. She is very pretty I give her that. The cute as button kind of pretty, but there is something about her character that simply doesn't speak to me. From the very first episode on she reminded me of Gwen and I honestly don't know why. The funny thing is that quite a few of my friends had a smiliar reaction.
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Pretty good episode, I really like Rory hope he becomes a regular next season

Im starting to like 11 better then 10 now
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                              Sorry but I really, really can't warm up to her and by now I have given up on ever liking her.
                              This makes me sad. I was in love from the first time I saw her (adult version), even better once she started talking

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                You must be mad!

Something interesting I found on the Doctor Who Wikia:

I wonder if the DVD/BD release will have the extended/full cut.
                                that would be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X