Flesh and Stone (3105/505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I'm just glad that the 11th Doctor doesn't act like the 10th did with the kiss. The 10th is always surprised but he kinda always just goes with it in a kind of "Yep, still got it...." kinda way. The 11th on the other hand kinda acted as though he was going "Yuk! Human!"
    I think Eleventh would have acted like Tenth if it had been anyone other than Amy. I believe the Doctor still sees her as little Amelia so for him, he couldn't and wouldn't let himself do anything because in his eyes, she's that child who made him custard and fish fingers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      that the duck pond from The Eleventh Hour was actually important
      I didn't understand that then and I still don't now. I don't suppose someone could explain it could they?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        I didn't understand that then and I still don't now. I don't suppose someone could explain it could they?
        Well it would seem that the ducks were erased from history. There was a duck pond, but no one had a clue why there was no ducks using it. It may not be a huge climatic event, but it did show that there was more going on at Leadworth than just a crack in Amy's wall letting Zero escape.

sigpic

Comment

Excellent and incredibly satisfying conclusion to this 2-part story! It was dark, tense, eerie, and creepy! Alex Kingston as River Song was great and Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are amazing to watch as the Doctor and Amy! They continue to impress!

I loved this! Enjoyable, edge-of-your-seat viewing from start to finish!

As always I look forward to next Saturday's story!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

"What if the gravity fails?"
            "I've thought about that."
            "And?"
            "And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See, I've thought about it."

Genius. Moffat's past writing comedy serves him well. Once again, the entire episode is tremendously quotable.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Another brilliant episode.

I liked it how the scared Angels took a fair time to twig that Amy couldn't actually see them, and that we then got to see the statues actually move as they thought "hang on, if she's looking at us why can't she find the communicator?"

And I can only imagine how scary it is to have to keep your eyes closed when there is so much going on around that could kill you

Wish we had got to learn who had written that book on the Angels....

And Randy Amy.. lol
              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
              sigpic

Comment

Loved it!

Like a lot of others here I instantly thought that River kills the Doctor at some point. I thought the mention of the Cyberking & no-one remembering it was was intriging (and the duck pond with no ducks ). Loads of super quotes and as for Amy throwing herself at the Doctor at the end & him not knowing quite what to do about it - I thought that was absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Loving the fact that Cleric Marco is Spoon from Dog Soldiers. Lends even more strength to the line "there is no spoon" once the crack causes him to cease to have existed.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by RandomlyGenerated View Post
                    Another great episode.

Did anyone else notice the date the Doctor came up with for whatever causes the crack is the same as the date the last episode of the series should be on?

OMG! I didn't notice that, can't wait!!!

Comment

Another awesome episode of Doctor Who, at the end my parents were talking so I couldn't realy see the bit when Amy hits on the Doctor that well... and like many others I miss Angel Bob (bob, funny name bob) R.I.P. Angel bob WAAAAAHHHH, he died :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        Loved it!

Like a lot of others here I instantly thought that River kills the Doctor at some point. I thought the mention of the Cyberking & no-one remembering it was was intriging (and the duck pond with no ducks ). Loads of super quotes and as for Amy throwing herself at the Doctor at the end & him not knowing quite what to do about it - I thought that was absolutely hilarious.
                        When I watched the Doctor Who Confidential about the episode, I got the impression that Matt Smith and Alex Kingston thought the same thing too. The way Matt Smith said it, to me, seemed like there were others who believed it as well. As it's an obvious conclusion, chances are we're all wrong and it will be someone else.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Loving the fact that Cleric Marco is Spoon from Dog Soldiers. Lends even more strength to the line "there is no spoon" once the crack causes him to cease to have existed.
                          I thought it was him! I love that movie. "I hope I give you the sh*ts, you f**king wimp!"

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          When I watched the Doctor Who Confidential about the episode, I got the impression that Matt Smith and Alex Kingston thought the same thing too. The way Matt Smith said it, to me, seemed like there were others who believed it as well. As it's an obvious conclusion, chances are we're all wrong and it will be someone else.
                          I haven't seen Confidential yet. She didn't seem too upset at the prospect though, so yeah, perhaps it isn't him. It's fun speculating though.
                          Last edited by Blencathra; 01 May 2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Just missed this on BBC1, so now I'm watching online. (Yay BBC iplayer!)

I'm loving this new series so much... And now I'm going to type bits and bobs randomly as I watch and read the thread after, so sorry if I repeat stuff.
                            • Amy just said "8". She's counting down to something? That can't be good...
                            • "I made him say comfy chairs". Hehehe...
                            • Oh dear, "6". Definitely a countdown.
                            • Finally spotted the crack. Thank goodness.
                            • I really do like the Doctor/Amy dynamic. Dunno where it's going, but I like it.
                            • What on earth is River Song's secret, I wonder...
                            • 2018 = "Amy's time"? Hmmmm.
                            • Yup, run towards the strange light. That'll end well.
                            • Hmm. That can't be the end of the crack, surely.
                            • Ah. Didn't think so. Guess they'll have to look out for that explosion.
                            • Y'know, that "River killed a man" "A very good man, the best man I've ever known" stuff...sounds creepily as if she killed *him*.
                            • And another reference to "the Pandorica", whatever that is. Must be trouble if the Doctor thinks it's a fairytale.
                            • River annoys me.
                            • Last couple of minutes: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *snort*

Comment

Do I dare say that was Steven Moffat's best episode yet?

Yes, I do.

It's about damn time that we got to see the Angels move. I thought that was really creepy to be honest. Kind of the feeling you get that someone is going to jump scare you but then doesn't. I would've liked to have seen an actual face change from calm to scary on an Angel though. Maybe next time.

Was anyone else hoping that this would be the episode when River Song would have ended up with the Doctor's old sonic screwdriver? If you remember, in 'Silence In The Library', it is established that River's sonic screwdriver is a heavily modified future version of the Doctor's old sonic screwdriver. Too bad she didn't get it in this episode though. She could have ended up fixing it, modifiying it as to what was seen in 'Silence In The Library' and using it to escape from the prison ship somehow.

I didn't like how Amy was throwing herself at the Doctor at the ending. She should have just fancied him from afar like Rose and Martha did. Instead, here, she just goes all slutty. (Mind you, I wouldn't have said no to her ).
                              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                                I thought it was him! I love that movie. "I hope I give you the sh*ts, you f**king wimp!"
                                Oh yes. Dog Soldiers is an awesome, awesome film. I am very familiar with it.

I still think it was a mistake to show the angels moving and also to suggest they consciously freeze - this seems to undo what Ten said in Blink (that its a fact of their biology and they effectively cease to exist as creatures while a living thing is observing them) and makes them less scary...and also, why didn't they kill anybody the way they did in Blink, by zapping them into the past?

However, I love that in at least one way, the Angels became even scarier in this episode when it transpires that the one thing you have to do to save yourself from an angel is also the worst thing you can do when confronted by an angel - stare into its eyes. The idea of the brain angel is so scary and clever it is just...awesome. Maybe it's how they reproduce...

So, River Song...she knows all the Doctor's faces. She has a mysterious past. She can fly the TARDIS (brilliantly) but didn't learn how from the Doctor. I am now thinking it's too obvious that she could be the Rani. And as SaberBlade said, it's too obvious that it's the Doctor...but it fits. Intrigue!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X