Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming on board with you guys on the SG:U rewatch don't have the time right now to re-watch the whole franchise and I am itching on watching SG:U again, there are mostly two shows I am watching every year, Battlestar Galactica and Lost and this will become the third show
    sigpic

Comment

I was enjoy the re-watch and then real life got in the way, I'm still on season 10 of SG-1. Any chance the re-watch will begin again once this one is over?
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
        I was enjoy the re-watch and then real life got in the way, I'm still on season 10 of SG-1. Any chance the re-watch will begin again once this one is over?
        Would be great if the GW rewatch ended up like SG-1and SGA being shown on a continuous loop on the SPACE channel here in Canada. At times I find I sit and watch old episodes as it is aired instead of getting the DVD's out.

It would be a way for people to drop in and share a rewatch whenever to keep the discussions and observations going about things appreciated or not, or missed from previous viewings. Besides, it's a good opportunity to get together with people who are just as nuts about the show as you are and don't mind watching it again and again.....and again!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Would be great if the GW rewatch ended up like SG-1and SGA being shown on a continuous loop on the SPACE channel here in Canada. At times I find I sit and watch old episodes as it is aired instead of getting the DVD's out.

It would be a way for people to drop in and share a rewatch whenever to keep the discussions and observations going about things appreciated or not, or missed from previous viewings. Besides, it's a good opportunity to get together with people who are just as nuts about the show as you are and don't mind watching it again and again.....and again!
          Couldn't agree with you more. Besides, I can use it as a excuse to rewatch it again, and maybe even buy Atlantis on bkuray
          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I finished SGU season 1 last weekend and am trying to wait until Sat Dec 1 to start season 2. I think I have seen half of season 2 when it was airing I was watching on hulu and they stopped showing the rest of season 2, I think I have seen the first 2 eps of the second half but I haven't seen the end at all. I enjoyed the rewatch but it's a little sad that there is not going to be any more SG at all anytime soon I hope MGM un buries the Gate sometime in the future "sighs"
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'm soooo behind on season 1 of SGU - November is almost over, and I've only just finished re-watching "Light"!

But I have to say - so enjoyed that episode on re-watching - and such beautiful images of Destiny and the star. Really powerful visuals!
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                I'm soooo behind on season 1 of SGU - November is almost over, and I've only just finished re-watching "Light"!

But I have to say - so enjoyed that episode on re-watching - and such beautiful images of Destiny and the star. Really powerful visuals!
                I'm too Trial and Error. Almost done with Rush being a jerk
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I will start season 2 of SGU today
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Had a few days off, managed to get up to expisode 5...

Anyone else feel that creeping sense of emptyness coming up...?

Comment

I'm still on season 1 of SGU (my life is interfering with my fun), but I'm really enjoying it - just re-watched "Water", and posted my thoughts on a thread in the SGU board (I don't want to clutter this thread with too-slow re-watch thoughts that are a season behind!).
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Halfway into S2 of SGU and I'm have to an obvious realization. After 17 months of Stargate watching this is coming to end. Its interesting that it seems like yesterday GW started this rewatch
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I will watch disc 3 of SGU season 2 this week and that will be all my rewatching SG after that it will be watching for the first time I was watching on Hulu when it originally aired and for some unknown reason to me they stopped showing it at the time and I never went back to hulu after that so I don't know if they ever finished airing SGU.
                          sigpic

Comment

I finished SGU this past week and I hope it gets wrapped up some way. There is a Star Trek board I visit sometimes and it has a Stargate section and before the rewatch I remember some the members said SGU was cancelled just as it was getting good I agree with that. While I know SGU was a divisive program for SG fans it was interesting to hear what causal sg watchers thought of it. SG is my fave I do consider myself a fan of scifi/fantasy in general.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's it, rewatch done! I've really enjoyed coming home from work and sitting down to my Monday to Friday viewings for the last 17months. It's been fun wandering through the great adventures and the sharing of views on every episode.

A few have stayed the course, a bit of a shame that so many that started didn't continue. For many like me I'm sure there is the least favourite series, but it would have been interesting to see more people watch their least favourite and see what they made of it, as I did with SGA.

Zombies Rise From the Sea : My hat off to you for the review marathon that accompanied your rewatch! Your reviews have been interesting and I would certainly have greened you for some of them if the 'greening' icon was visible on your posts. For some reason yours is the only one that is missing for me, an odd glitch it seems!

Watching the last four episodes of SGU is always sad, not only marking the end of a show that had just started to really get into its stride, but the end of a long fun journey that had lasted for 14 years!

Luckily there is a great legacy left behind and we can continue to celebrate Stargate as fans in many ways. Gateworld continues to be a great place to come and fill those moments of missing the show by being able to talk about it with others who share the love of it. Our heroes continue on in the minds of fans through fan fiction, adventures rewatched on DVD's and the net countless times. Conventions allow us to reminisce with those that worked to bring those adventures to the screen. Mementos aquired by those lucky few capture treasured moments of adventure as tangible connections to having been part of the show. Many locations used on the show remain to be explored, evoking great memories of adventures on alien planets....with trees!

This is what Stargate gives us, why it will be always remembered, and its return in some form awaited.

Thanks Gateworld for a great Rewatch, and may there be many more!

Comment

I've just finished the last ep, I still can't believe I've been watching for 17 months now. I had hoped to have more time to write something here and there, but RL didn't let me. But knowing that so many other people were watching the same always helped me to go on watching, even when I struggled. Thanks for doing this rewatch, I had much fun and know even more why I love Stargate so much!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X