This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    baking yeast breads is something I haven't tried yet.....I usually tend to stick with flatbreads
    Its not that hard. Just don't kill the yeast. Our main bread uses sourdough starter as the leavening agent.
    sigpic

Comment

oh and one of the links for a recipe on that wiki page for anzacs took me to a blog with a recipe on it where the author got blasted for using the term "cookie" rather than "biscuit" and apparently HAD to change it....oy....if I was the author of that blog I woulda kept it as is.....and any dentractors I woulda just said "listen I'm American and I'll use American terms.....got a problem with that get the heck off my blog!" to.....so I guess the author of that blog didn't have much of a backbone....

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
        come on are you telling me you dont like bourbons because if so then we need to rethink who the heretic really is
        I do like bourbon. But it must be good bourbon.

oh and one of the links for a recipe on that wiki page for anzacs took me to a blog with a recipe on it where the author got blasted for using the term "cookie" rather than "biscuit" and apparently HAD to change it....oy....if I was the author of that blog I woulda kept it as is.....and any dentractors I woulda just said "listen I'm American and I'll use American terms.....got a problem with that get the heck off my blog!" to.....so I guess the author of that blog didn't have much of a backbone....
        Do not mess with the Anzac biscuit they get touchy.
        sigpic

Comment

hey if I wanna call it an anzac cookie I'll call it an anzac cookie.....ain't nobody gonna rob me of my right to say otherwise....

Comment

But they are biscuits over there.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
              But they are biscuits over there.
              so? it's a cookie over here....

Comment

so? it's a cookie over here....
                one must be fluent in food talk . It is very helpful when someone starts talking about courgette.
                sigpic

Comment

I've been pretty absent from GateWorld recently because of a recent trespassing incident on my parents' property where someone who was on drugs (or drunk, I'm not sure) accosted my mother. I've spent a great deal of time with her lately, like helping her with a follow-up at the police station today.

I saw this thread and definitely want to give Iffy a little gift. I do love blueberry crèpes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    I've been pretty absent from GateWorld recently because of a recent trespassing incident on my parents' property where someone who was on drugs (or drunk, I'm not sure) accosted my mother. I've spent a great deal of time with her lately, like helping her with a follow-up at the police station today.
                    druggies are selfish scumbags
                    Last edited by chrono trigger; 06 April 2011, 08:18 AM.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Pic quoters!! Shun, shuuun!
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw this thread and definitely want to give Iffy a little gift. I do love blueberry crèpes.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4...berrycrepe.jpg
                        should've done your werewolf routine on those idiots....

and they do look good....kinda tricky though making pancakes that thin

reminds me of a Dukes of Hazzard episode where Boss Hogg (aptly named as the guy was as big as a house practically) is trying to make crepes and Roscoe comes in and calls them "creeps" and Boss Hogg was like "they ain't called creeps.....ya creep!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                          oops fixed it now
                          sigpic
                          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4...berrycrepe.jpg
                            Your poor mum.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                            *pats Ukkos head* Good Ukko.
                            sigpic

Comment

should've done your werewolf routine on those idiots....
                              I didn't "wolf out" on the perp, though believe me I was very tempted to. I did, however, did something that was likely far more effective: I had a very frank and open talk with the perp's family. They got the message quite firmly to keep the guy under control or there would be consequences, not the least of which was a restraining order. I think they'll comply... for the time being. I've setup a contingency plan in case they don't, and it does include the restraining order among other legal machinations. I've been the plaintiff in a lawsuit before so this isn't new to me--unfortunately.

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                              druggies are selfish scumbags
                              Yeah, they usually are. Consequently, my opinion of them is very low.

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                              Your poor mum.
                              Your concern is appreciated. She's actually feeling better now that we had a visit down at the police station. I think setting the contingency plan in motion empowered her a bit. I'm confident that we've effectively dealt with the external threat. The real problem in this situation seems to be... closer to home. *sigh* It's a long story.
                              sigpic

Comment

I didn't "wolf out" on the perp, though believe me I was very tempted to. I did, however, did something that was likely far more effective: I had a very frank and open talk with the perp's family. They got the message quite firmly to keep the guy under control or there would be consequences, not the least of which was a restraining order. I think they'll comply... for the time being. I've setup a contingency plan in case they don't, and it does include the restraining order among other legal machinations. I've been the plaintiff in a lawsuit before so this isn't new to me--unfortunately.

Yeah, they usually are. Consequently, my opinion of them is very low.

Your concern is appreciated. She's actually feeling better now that we had a visit down at the police station. I think setting the contingency plan in motion empowered her a bit. I'm confident that we've effectively dealt with the external threat. The real problem in this situation seems to be... closer to home. *sigh* It's a long story.
                                I think just doing something makes you feel more in control and less the victim.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X