Hi there!

My new wallie from Broken Ties A bit spoilery

Spoiler:

Icarium

Love it!

I wish I could do things like this.

Comment

Alright, that's it, where is everybody?

My friend and I are planning to take Toddie out on the town in the somewhat near future. Any requests (we live in Vegas, FYI)? Totally gonna have to hit up an Elvis impersonator....

Comment

great work, Icarium!

sigpic

Comment

Some Todd icons here:

http://community.livejournal.com/mel...12.html#cutid1

Penny ones.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post

My friend and I are planning to take Toddie out on the town in the somewhat near future. Any requests (we live in Vegas, FYI)? Totally gonna have to hit up an Elvis impersonator....
              I think you'd better stay there, cos Toddie might be coming your way, for all we know.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
                I have a habit of saying nothing when I have nothing to say

On a more Wraithy note, my Season 3 arrived today (yes, I know I'm a bit behind), and Common Ground was promptly devoured before all others for the first time in full for me. Looking forwards to the other episodes when I regain control over the DVD player

Broken Ties Spoilerish:

Spoiler:
                This "No retreat in the face of battle" thing...is this just for Rhys' hive, or for them all? Is it possibly just meant for their Worshippers, even? I'm pretty certain I've seen the Wraith retreat when things haven't been looking so good for them in earlier episodes?
                Last edited by The Veldt; 06 August 2008, 04:39 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                  I have a habit of saying nothing when I have nothing to say

On a more Wraithy note, my Season 3 arrived today (yes, I know I'm a bit behind), and Common Ground was promptly devoured before all others for the first time in full for me. Looking forwards to the other episodes when I regain control over the DVD player

Broken Ties Spoilerish:

Spoiler:
                  This "No retreat in the face of battle" thing...is this just for Rhys' hive, or for them all? Is it possibly just meant for their Worshippers, even? I'm pretty certain I've seen the Wraith retreat when things haven't been looking so good for them in earlier episodes?
                  Yeah, Common Ground pretty much lives in my DVD player. It's a bit of a recluse, doesn't like coming out

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                    Broken Ties Spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't remember seeing wraith retreat. Well, except the hive in "Allies", but it was a trick to lure the Atlanteans into modifying the hyperdrives. Most of the wraith we have seen commit suicide to avoid being captured, too, which goes well with
                    Spoiler:
                    "no sympathy for the fallen".

Even if both Steve and Bob emphasised that they would be rescued by their fellow wraith, I think that other wraith would have despised them for being captured.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

dolfynnchick - you do know that SGA will be filming in Vegas shortly, right? Not sure where - don't know if you can ask Mallozzi...

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                        I don't remember seeing wraith retreat. Well, except the hive in "Allies", but it was a trick to lure the Atlanteans into modifying the hyperdrives. Most of the wraith we have seen commit suicide to avoid being captured, too, which goes well with
                        Spoiler:
                        "no sympathy for the fallen".

Even if both Steve and Bob emphasised that they would be rescued by their fellow wraith, I think that other wraith would have despised them for being captured.
                        Spoilers for the Siege and Allies:

Spoiler:
                        But didn't the last Wraith hive ship retreat after the other two were disposed of during The Siege trilogy? I was pretty sure it happened in another early one as well, but can't remember at the moment. The Allies thing...was that a trick? I thought they were just getting McKay to do some repairs, capture him, and they got the information to modify the hyperdrives themselves via the virus/worm thing in the Atlantis computers. Was the retreat to show/prove they needed the technology to the people in Atlantis or something? I was under the impression it was genuine.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
                          Tyler

Comment

Spoiler:
                            No retreat in the face of battle...

Though we have seen Wraith ships leave a battle, individual Wraith do not retreat. They advance, and keep on advancing...almost a foolish thing, if you ask me. We see it in both The Siege and Sateda, it's as if they have no concept of 'retreat and regroup'. They just keep on coming, often engaging in suicide missions like kamikazis. Bob probably knew his mission was a suicide mission, but he certainly did not shy away from it. And even when outnumbered, an individual Wraith will attack...not sure if that's their nature, or just bad writing.

No sympathy for the fallen...

Ah...a GREAT example of this is Todd's 'clean up' crew in Kindred. Todd had no sympathy for his fallen brothers. He left their dead bodies on the floor (for a while, it seems) without any sort of respectful treatment (i.e.: covering them, elevating them on a table, dressing them in burial attire, embalming, etc).

No mercy for our enemies...

Well, THIS is self-explanitory. Of course, the Lanteans have no mercy for their enemies, either...

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
                              Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
                              Tyler

Tyler??!

You do know we will test you...and ask Bam Bam and Mallozzi...

If it IS you...then tell me, how was the muffin?

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                No retreat in the face of battle...

Though we have seen Wraith ships leave a battle, individual Wraith do not retreat. They advance, and keep on advancing...almost a foolish thing, if you ask me. We see it in both The Siege and Sateda, it's as if they have no concept of 'retreat and regroup'. They just keep on coming, often engaging in suicide missions like kamikazis. Bob probably knew his mission was a suicide mission, but he certainly did not shy away from it. And even when outnumbered, an individual Wraith will attack...not sure if that's their nature, or just bad writing.

No sympathy for the fallen...

Ah...a GREAT example of this is Todd's 'clean up' crew in Kindred. Todd had no sympathy for his fallen brothers. He left their dead bodies on the floor (for a while, it seems) without any sort of respectful treatment (i.e.: covering them, elevating them on a table, dressing them in burial attire, embalming, etc).

No mercy for our enemies...

Well, THIS is self-explanitory. Of course, the Lanteans have no mercy for their enemies, either...

das
                                The first point I can understand actually. Individual gains in intelligence and such for the good of the hive may make a huge difference, but individual losses may not. The loss of an entire Hive ship on the other hand....well. I suppose it all depends on where you put your worth.

I have wondered if the second point was more out of just a general lack of...background for the Wraith in terms of culture.

And....if what tubbs says is true, then my respect for him just went up hundred-fold for this

....however, also if it is true, you must have been a very brave ah...Wraith to set foot in this thread indeed!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X