• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End is the Beginning (103)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: PICARD - SEASON ONE
    THE END IS THE BEGINNING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103
    Jean-Luc tries to convince a former friend to help him find a ship and a pilot, leading him to washed-up former Starfleet officer Cristóbal Rios. Meanwhile the Romulans try to stop his mission before it begins, while Soji's work on the Borg cube draws the attention of the research project's executive director.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 13 February 2020, 01:10 PM.

If all the first 3 episodes would of been like 70-80 minutes pilot then this thing maybe would of worked way better.

I dont know was it in a bad angle or something, but it sure looks like the twins had different mothers trough the holographic phone or something
    Last edited by lopo30; 06 February 2020, 10:49 AM.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Little bit of Star Trek history in this episode.

The famous Vasquez Rocks appearing as themselves for once.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I loved the ending of the episode, but in general, I thought that this episode felt very disjointed. I don't know if it was that scenes were cut for time, or if it was just badly edited or written. For me this episode, in a way, felt rushed but at the same time also seemed to drag, like it didn't seem to flow as naturally as the first two. With the first two eps, I was so into them and they flowed so well that when the episodes were over, I was surprised because it felt like they had just started. Loved the characters and character interactions in this ep though.
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe this is just me, but I think the floaty holograms are going to date the show in a few years.

And just what is Soki Asha's cuddly toy? It's driving me bananas! Is it a Mugatu?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Felt this one was another good episode. Still wondering why that Romulans are doing with the Borg that they're taking apart. I did look at the cast list and saw that
            Spoiler:
            Hugh will be in a few up coming episodes. It will be good to see Jonthana Del Arco back on the show.
            sigpic

Comment

Thoughts on Commodore Oh's sunglasses?

I'm kind of thinking she maybe got an eye injury at some point in her career that has left her sensitive to strong sunlight.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

I'm kind of thinking she maybe got an eye injury at some point in her career that has left her sensitive to strong sunlight.
                That's believable. Or she could be Romulan.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

LOL, like Lorca?

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  That's believable. Or she could be Romulan.
                  That's also possible. That's what I thought she was when she was first introduced.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    LOL, like Lorca?

That's also possible. That's what I thought she was when she was first introduced.
                    I think she could be either. But I'm hoping she's Vulcan. I rather the thought that Starfleet are working with the Tal Shiar rather than them having been taken over.

A thought did occur to me though in the shower earlier. Based on what we know so far, we know that the Zaht Vash hate synths. And we know according to Raffi that she has evidence that both elements in Starfleet and the Tal Shiar worked to cause the Synth rebellion and stop the rescue effort. That made me wonder if a big player in that plan were Vulcan elements in starfleet who feared reunification. Commodore Oh for sure seems to work with Rizzo, but she has some rather clear distaste for her too. Which I would understand from a Vulcan towards Romulans.

Comment

I think she could be either. But I'm hoping she's Vulcan. I rather the thought that Starfleet are working with the Tal Shiar rather than them having been taken over.

A thought did occur to me though in the shower earlier. Based on what we know so far, we know that the Zaht Vash hate synths. And we know according to Raffi that she has evidence that both elements in Starfleet and the Tal Shiar worked to cause the Synth rebellion and stop the rescue effort. That made me wonder if a big player in that plan were Vulcan elements in starfleet who feared reunification. Commodore Oh for sure seems to work with Rizzo, but she has some rather clear distaste for her too. Which I would understand from a Vulcan towards Romulans.
                      I hope she's a Vulcan and not a Romulan too, I think it would be a lot more interesting that way. And it would make sense for some vulcans fearing reunification to want to sabotage the rescue efforts.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope she's a Vulcan and not a Romulan too, I think it would be a lot more interesting that way. And it would make sense for some vulcans fearing reunification to want to sabotage the rescue efforts.
                        Indeed. Makes me wonder if the Tal Shiar were tricked into it and then simply didn't have anywhere else to go. Of course I can imagine the Tal Shiar not even wanting aid either. With or without Romulus they neither trust or want help from any of the races outside the Empire.

Comment

It also would make sense of the statement from that admiral, that 14 Federation worlds threaten to leave the Federation, if it took up Picard strategy of using there existing fleets and mob ball vessels to carry out the rescue operation. Instead of their custom built vessels. It would make much more sense if one of those worlds threatening to leave was a founding member like Vulcan. It would also make sense that committing such huge number of vessels to rescue romulans would scare worlds like Betazed that were occupied by the Dominion, that ships assign to defend the planet would be sent away to Romulus, leaving them open to attack.

Hopefully now we are in space the story will pick up the pace at least a little bit. I personally don't like the new hero ship. It looks way to generic, it could come from any sci fi universe. I think her pilot will grow on me through.

As to who hacked the Synths, I think it was the Zaht Vash on their own, that feared this army of synths could eventually evolve into something like Data. I think the reason the Romulans are afraid is because somewhere deep in the past they use technology to create a hive mind, not the borg but still something that was equally dangerous. What ever took that borg cube out, was likely a version of the weapon that took out this romulan created hive mind.

Which explain why that scientist was on board the last vessel to be assimilated, her research into this area is what rediscovered this technology. They already set the stage in STNG for the Vulcan and their numerous offspring races on having some really advance technology to enhance their mental abilities, the stone of gul. An it not beyond reason that someone would have look into uniting all vulcans into a hive mind to bring about peace.

I think they are certainly set tting the stage for introducing a lot of previous characters, I certainly see Sela coming in at some point. I think Cristobal 'Chris' Rios got that wound from the Klingons, which is a perfect way to reintroduce Worf and Martok, season 2 perhaps. Through there are rumors more STNG characters will be showing up in the series than have been formally announce, I'm sure there are more surprises for us fans.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 10 February 2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            It also would make sense of the statement from that admiral, that 14 Federation worlds threaten to leave the Federation, if it took up Picard strategy of using there existing fleets and mob ball vessels to carry out the rescue operation. Instead of their custom built vessels. It would make much more sense if one of those worlds threatening to leave was a founding member like Vulcan. It would also make sense that committing such huge number of vessels to rescue romulans would scare worlds like Betazed that were occupied by the Dominion, that ships assign to defend the planet would be sent away to Romulus, leaving them open to attack.

Hopefully now we are in space the story will pick up the pace at least a little bit. I personally don't like the new hero ship. It looks way to generic, it could come from any sci fi universe. I think her pilot will grow on me through.

As to who hacked the Synths, I think it was the Zaht Vash on their own, that feared this army of synths could eventually evolve into something like Data. I think the reason the Romulans are afraid is because somewhere deep in the past they use technology to create a hive mind, not the borg but still something that was equally dangerous. What ever took that borg cube out, was likely a version of the weapon that took out this romulan created hive mind.

Which explain why that scientist was on board the last vessel to be assimilated, her research into this area is what rediscovered this technology. They already set the stage in STNG for the Vulcan and their numerous offspring races on having some really advance technology to enhance their mental abilities, the stone of gul. An it not beyond reason that someone would have look into uniting all vulcans into a hive mind to bring about peace.

I think they are certainly set tting the stage for introducing a lot of previous characters, I certainly see Sela coming in at some point. I think Cristobal 'Chris' Rios got that wound from the Klingons, which is a perfect way to reintroduce Worf and Martok, season 2 perhaps. Through there are rumors more STNG characters will be showing up in the series than have been formally announce, I'm sure there are more surprises for us fans.
                            My biggest hope is for Q. After All Good Things it would make good sense that he'd show up again now.

Comment

My biggest hope is for Q. After All Good Things it would make good sense that he'd show up again now.
                              I can just picture it.

Q: "Hello Jean-Luc. Did you miss me?"
                              Picard: "Oh merde! Not you again!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X