X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
    At the Skiffy website
    www.scifi.com/farscape
    There are links posted to other fansites, including fanfic, videos, forums etc. I hope this means Skiffy is taking this seriously, and finally taking us seriously.
    That would be nice for a change.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Can't wait
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Someone nominated a friend's site but they've listed it as fan fiction. I know for a fact that my friend, Ryalin (Ryalin's Home) doesn't have an FS fanfic, she has the rockingist Fan Vids EVER!
        http://www.ryalinshome.com/farscape_videos.php

I love watching Farscape fan videos (that's one of the ways I was "scaped") ... thanks for the link SunKrux ... I owe ya some green.

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
          I love watching Farscape fan videos (that's one of the ways I was "scaped") ... thanks for the link SunKrux ... I owe ya some green.
          They can be pretty great.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post

If you watch my twinny's vids, PLEASE tell her how awesome they are. She doesn't believe me.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I found this article earlier today or yesterday, can't recall. It doesn't have anything to do with the FS webisodes, but it is about the expanse into using the internet and webisodes. Which I hope will add to the success of Farscape as a web series.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070913/...ybJUREAHy2GL8C

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                I found this article earlier today or yesterday, can't recall. It doesn't have anything to do with the FS webisodes, but it is about the expanse into using the internet and webisodes. Which I hope will add to the success of Farscape as a web series.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070913/...ybJUREAHy2GL8C
                Thank you very much for the link.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

3 minute "webisodes" to me is just the dumbest idea. I saw a couple the BSG webisodes and found them to be nothing more than extended promotional videos. 3 minutes is not enough to produce any kind of story. If the story is spread out over a period of weeks, then I have to ask who the hell want's to watch a 30 minute show over the course of weeks when you could just watch it in 30 minutes.

If this is a test to see whether to bring Farscape back, then fine. But if this is all the SciFi has to offer, well just another reason to hate the SciFi channel more I guess.

Comment

Considering how well Sanctuary is doing and their eps are about 15 minutes long. I'm willing to give the webseries a try. I'm not please that Henson is "in bed" with SciLIE again, but I'll take what I can get when it comes to more FS.
                    sigpic

Comment

Considering how well Sanctuary is doing and their eps are about 15 minutes long. I'm willing to give the webseries a try. I'm not please that Henson is "in bed" with SciLIE again, but I'll take what I can get when it comes to more FS.
                      I'm not exactly that pleased about the "reunion" with Sci-Fi either. I'm sure most of us aren't. But, if that is the only way to possibly get Farscape back, I'll learn to live with it.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sweet Guy View Post
                        I dunno if this was already posted but it seems SciFi has confirmed that the episodes will only be a few minutes long. Bummer.
                        oh well, I suppose its better than nothing

Comment

Some things have their time in the sun, and will never again be what they were. "Resurrecting" Farscape at this point wouldn't seem natural, and, although I've enjoyed watching the DVD's (I don't think I ever saw it when it was on), I feel that bringing the show back in first-run t.v. epsiodes would make any further stories seem forced.

"Webisodes" are, by their very nature, short, low-budget pieces. It would seem that the best use of the medium would be vignettes detailing the characters' backstories (How D'Argo met Lo'Laan, maybe, or how Chiana and her brother left their home planet.), or something that shows the main characters several years after the end of PK Wars.

Comment

Have any of you seen Sanctuary? That is not low budget. It is CGI heavy, but that's not low budget.

I have high hopes for the FS - web series and don't really have a problem with the eps being only about 3 - 6 minutes long. I'm thinking that once they know how big the following is/will be they might make them longer.

The thing is that using the web for series shows is a relatively new thing and most shows that I know of don't start out as full on half hour/hour shows. Most net savvy folks won't sit on a site long enough to watch a full hour or two hours of a show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Have any of you seen Sanctuary? That is not low budget. It is CGI heavy, but that's not low budget.

I have high hopes for the FS - web series and don't really have a problem with the eps being only about 3 - 6 minutes long. I'm thinking that once they know how big the following is/will be they might make them longer.

The thing is that using the web for series shows is a relatively new thing and most shows that I know of don't start out as full on half hour/hour shows. Most net savvy folks won't sit on a site long enough to watch a full hour or two hours of a show.
                              I have high hopes for the webisodes too. No doubt about that. But in the end, I'd much rather see Farscape return to TV than stay on the Internet. That's just my personal opinion. I'm one that would much rather watch something on television than on my computer screen.

That is kind of what I am hoping these webisodes are all about. Seeing if there are enough fans out there still to justify bringing the show back full-time.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think the back-story idea for the webisodes is brilliant. I hope Henson either does that, or maybe does something a little bit after PK Wars to kind of point us in the direction that the series will go in, if\when The SciFi Channel renews it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X