Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC AMERICA HOW COULD YOU (The Name of the Doctor is OUT on DVD NOW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two tweets from Doctor Who Official

Some US DVDs of this series have gone out early. The #DoctorWho team would be hugely grateful if fans helped keep spoilers off the net.
    Steven Moffat has promised if fans help keep the finale’s secrets, we’ll release a special video featuring Matt & David right after the ep!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Two tweets from Doctor Who Official
      I would love to see the Matt/David thing happen, but I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect these episodes not to appear online. Nice effort though.

sigpic

Comment

I hope I don't spot anything on my 'Facebook' feed...!
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          I hope I don't spot anything on my 'Facebook' feed...!
          Thats what Im hoping too!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Thanks for telling me.

I think paying my license fee entitle me to an early viewing,

someone better upload it to the net.

Don't worry I will not spread spoilers.
            For shame.

Have some Dunkirk spirit!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Well our TV licence fees fund the show. The least the BBC can do is air it on UK first. That said, nothing can be done about pre-orders being shipped out early.
              I understand how the licensing fees work. And the UK does get the episode first - admittedly by only 5-6 hours, but first none the less.
              sigpic

Comment

Ha!! My husband is going nuts over this news. He wants to see it so bad now.

Comment

I won't get to see the entire SEASON until June, if then. Waiting for the DVD. Snippet previews are nice morsel droppings (horrid teasers!! too=) to help get me thru these lean months without DW, but it'd be nice to see the entire eps. *sigh*

this is worse than waiting for Star Trek's new movie.. oy!

Comment

Oh sorry to hear that SGalisa.

At least ST will be out Friday.

Comment

Found this about Leak... NO SPOILERS

BBC Confirms Leak
                      The BBC has used the Doctor Who Facebook Page this evening to confirm the leak.

We understand that a small number of US fans have received in error their DVD edition of Series 7 Part 2 early. We respectfully ask those fans not to divulge information or post content publicly so that fellow fans who have yet to see the episodes do not have their viewing pleasure ruined.
                      If everyone keeps the secrets safe until next Saturday we will release a special new clip featuring material of the Tenth AND Eleventh Doctor!
                      Here's the rest of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                        I won't get to see the entire SEASON until June, if then. Waiting for the DVD. Snippet previews are nice morsel droppings (horrid teasers!! too=) to help get me thru these lean months without DW, but it'd be nice to see the entire eps. *sigh*

this is worse than waiting for Star Trek's new movie.. oy!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        Oh sorry to hear that SGalisa.

At least ST will be out Friday.
                        ..I'm not worrying about Star Trek.. unless the movie ends with the next ST movie becoming another "In Search of Spock" remake of sorts. yeah.. that would really bother me, then, but then again, I might not bother watching either movie (#2 & 3 in the new ST universe).

Next to having new eppy Doctor Who cravings, which I've forced to control with mere snippets (ONLY) since Christmas 2012 with pre-Clara's intro (that was the last DW eppy I saw), I'm more intrigued with
                        Atlas Shrugged--Part III than Star Trek's next movie(s).

I'd also say waiting for "Tripods--Part 3" has been hanging in the balance for more than a decade and would carry more weight in anxiously waiting for than ST's next (#2 or whatever number) movie .. but Tripods--Part 3 will probably never materialize, unless the entire series is completely remade. As weird as the 1980's version of Tripods parts 1&2 were, it sort of grew on us, once we figured out what the story was really about..
                        and that horrid ending sentence to Part 2 "was it ALL for nothing?!" that really put more salt into the wounded series than anything else with "dual messaging". What was ironic then was that Tripods was one of those mini-series that was supposed to replace Doctor Who during those hiatus years. *sigh*
                        We liked both, and thought both could co-exist with each other, but apparently TPTB making those decisions didn't agree with some of the more faithful viewers to both programs.
                        Last edited by SGalisa; 12 May 2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          ..I'm not worrying about Star Trek.. unless the movie ends with the next ST movie becoming another "In Search of Spock" remake of sorts. yeah.. that would really bother me, then, but then again, I might not bother watching either movie (#2 & 3 in the new ST universe).

Next to having new eppy Doctor Who cravings, which I've forced to control with mere snippets (ONLY) since Christmas 2012 with pre-Clara's intro (that was the last DW eppy I saw), I'm more intrigued with
                          Atlas Shrugged--Part III than Star Trek's next movie(s).

I'd also say waiting for "Tripods--Part 3" has been hanging in the balance for more than a decade and would carry more weight in anxiously waiting for than ST's next (#2 or whatever number) movie .. but Tripods--Part 3 will probably never materialize, unless the entire series is completely remade. As weird as the 1980's version of Tripods parts 1&2 were, it sort of grew on us, once we figured out what the story was really about..
                          and that horrid ending sentence to Part 2 "was it ALL for nothing?!" that really put more salt into the wounded series than anything else with "dual messaging". What was ironic then was that Tripods was one of those mini-series that was supposed to replace Doctor Who during those hiatus years. *sigh*
                          We liked both, and thought both could co-exist with each other, but apparently TPTB making those decisions didn't agree with some of the more faithful viewers to both programs.
                          Oh I hope ST doesn't rehash old ST movies either. Like what they did with old movie and I hope Cumberbatch does awesome in this one. Love him in Sherlock... talk about waiting patiently.. *headdesk* And Primeaval is another one. Not holding my breath on that one.

Ok. Excuse my ingorance. What is Atas Shrugged and Tripod?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            Oh I hope ST doesn't rehash old ST movies either...
                            agh! BTW, I heard Cumberbatch does a fantastic job in this ST. His voice is very deep and resonant, so in some ways he might sound a little bit like the original "Khan" in the original ST. Not sure what his character is, other than supposedly very gifted and possibly very dangerous.

Originally posted by scifan
                            Ok. Excuse my ingorance. What is Atas Shrugged and Tripod?
                            . Nice sideline distractions while waiting for Doctor Who...

Atlas Shrugged (parts 1, 2, and now part 3 is expected soon! =) is based on a novel by Ayn Rand.
                            Of course, considering our perilous financial current times (at this 2013 year A.D./C.E. moment), it could look like a story mirroring our own current events -- and timeline, except with the main storyline occurring in the USA. The story was developed during the 1940's and actually published in 1957 (thereabouts), but the movies (beginning with 2011) have been updated to include our current technologies -- such as the internet and high speed train transit systems.

details in spoilers in case no one else wants to read this--with some spoilery info vital to the plot...but not really explaining where, what or how, etc. ..
                            Spoiler:
                            The saddest part of what I saw in part 2 was when some out-of-work, homeless guy was carving a gravestone that was really about the USA --
                            "born 1776, died yesterday".

According to the IMDb web site -- synopsis goes like this
                            "Railroad executive Dagny Taggart and steel mogul Henry Rearden form an alliance to fight the increasingly authoritarian government of the United States.

Storyline -- to part 1

It was great to be alive, once, but the world was perishing. Factories were shutting down, transportation was grinding to a halt, granaries were empty--and key people who had once kept it running were disappearing all over the country. As the lights winked out and the cities went cold, nothing was left to anyone but misery. No one knew how to stop it, no one understood why it was happening - except one woman, the operating executive of a once mighty transcontinental railroad, who suspects the answer may rest with a remarkable invention and the man who created it - a man who once said he would stop the motor of the world. Everything now depends on finding him and discovering the answer to the question on the lips of everyone as they whisper it in fear: Who *is* John Galt?" Written by Robb

Part 2 summary --
                            "With the global economy on the brink of collapse, Dagny Taggart discovers what might be the answer to a mounting energy crisis and races against the clock to prevent the motor of the World from being stopped for good."

Storyline -- Part 2

"The global economy is on the brink of collapse. Unemployment tops 24%. Gas is $42 per gallon. Railroads are the main transportation. Brilliant creators, from artists to industrialists, are mysteriously disappearing. Dagny Taggart, COO of Taggart Transcontinental, has discovered an answer to the mounting energy crisis - a prototype of a motor that draws energy from static electricity. But, until she finds its creator, it's useless. It's a race against time. And someone is watching." Written by Producers - Atlas Shrugged

(Real life) Rising prices in gas, food, other products in manufacturing within my own timeline drew me immediately into the fictional story.. but please, PLEASE let's not get as bad as it is in the Atlas Shrugged series..!!
                            Sadly, it might.. and sadder yet -- it might happen sooner than later (within the next decade or so -- based on globally reported world news/events).

I actually got dragged into watching Part 2 before Part 1, so even tho I missed some of the beginning details, it wasn't too difficult to catch on to where the story picks up again.. but ohhhhhhhhh, that ending! That hurt.
                            Before I ever found out if there even was a part 3, I was sooooooooooo focused on the plot, more because of how it seemed to parallel our real life events and where our future *could* end up, altho due to other circumstances causing such a situation, I am relieved to know there is a possible hopeful ending to the fictional "Atlas Shrugged" somewhere out there..! And following some of the quotes within and trying to figure out who might be who and how, etc., that was the fun part.

Also, I finally (= recently!) got treated to part 1 on DVD, so I asked when I'd get to see part 2 again.. moments later (same night!) we watched part 2.. That was helpful, because a completely different cast was doing part 2 of the same characters that were in part 1. Part 3, I am clueless about at the moment.

Who *is* John Galt?

------------------

As for Tripods, IMDb describes this as a sci-fi thriller.. From what I saw (and this is spoiler detail free--except for the concept ideas, but put into spoiler brackets for space),
                            Spoiler:
                            Tripods was series of *adventures* where creatures, which are Tri-footed, travel in 3-legged "carriages" and breathe special atmosphere which is poisonous to humans. The Tripods come from another planet to earth and supposedly rescue the survivors pick up the pieces of their life after a major, devastating world war nearly destroyed all life on earth. They basically turn the clock back to pre-1900's era style of living, except for conditions existing in the Tripods specially built cities. Knowledge for humans has become suppressed (to keep people in the dark ages type of living and learning), but there is a reason for it that ends up being part of the mysterious plotline.

The basic plot seems rather mundane, altho definitely a bit weird, as it starts out, until it is discovered that something very, very sinister is going on, and that the benevolent Tripod-like creatures have an alterior motive in settling down on earth. For one thing, it was an "honor to get capped" and "serve the Tripods"... some cappings failed, so there were dangers lurking in the forestry mists. *Capping* is a form of mind-control, btw.. Included in the story are journeys to the White Mountains and to the City of Gold (where the Tripods supposedly live).

I actually liked the synthesizer type music in Tripods (tv series--BBC in the United Kingdom and the Seven Network in Australia), which helped enhance some very beautiful countryside scenery. It seemed sort of an educational story designed for teenagers and young adults; but the evil lurking in the background could lure an adult in, as well. Afterall, the kids in the series did grow up into their 40's and 50's, but being a teenager was also vital in the script in order to survive in the city, if one got chosen to live there. I think there was a legend stated that claimed -- no one who ever went into the cities ever returned to the country. (why? or why not?)

Last edited by SGalisa; 12 May 2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

That's a pretty gigantic and hilarious mistake, one that will probably cause an uptick in DVD sales next year even though it'll never happen again.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              I think paying my license fee entitle me to an early viewing,
                              The BBC is making money off us Americans too, surely? I have to pay for the BBC America channel and nobody's shipping free DVDs to me. (And there's practically nothing on the BBC America channel I ever want to watch outside of Doctor Who. It's all reruns of shows I can already watch for free.)

(Many hours later ... I think this whole thing might be a hoax.)
                              Last edited by min min light; 13 May 2013, 02:25 AM. Reason: To avoid double-posting.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22508502

More coverage of the leak. Apparently they're investigating how it happened.
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X