No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    We have a friend who is a genuine rocket scientist and is a consultant to SpaceX. He had a very small part in this launch from his office here but sends a group email with all sorts of insider info. Yesterday at church when he walked in, everybody burst into applause. It was a lovely moment. He sometimes also went out on ships with the Russians when they helped with the earlier launches. Brilliant guy of course but he had to ask Mr. SR to explain "the cloud" to him. Goes to show we all have little pockets of expert areas.
    That is so awesome! Very cool to see the community recognize him. And LOL at needing the cloud explained! Yeah, we all have those areas.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I had a covid-19 test yesterday (cause I'm having a procedure on Weds) and I can still feel where the nasal swab felt like it entered my brain. I don't know if it was a test or a lobotomy.

We have a friend who is a genuine rocket scientist and is a consultant to SpaceX. He had a very small part in this launch from his office here but sends a group email with all sorts of insider info. Yesterday at church when he walked in, everybody burst into applause. It was a lovely moment. He sometimes also went out on ships with the Russians when they helped with the earlier launches. Brilliant guy of course but he had to ask Mr. SR to explain "the cloud" to him. Goes to show we all have little pockets of expert areas.
      Now that's funny.

That's really nice that he got that applause.

Comment

Thank you.

Now to remember my password... cause I have an account but I haven't used it in a while.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I had a covid-19 test yesterday (cause I'm having a procedure on Weds) and I can still feel where the nasal swab felt like it entered my brain. I don't know if it was a test or a lobotomy.
        Reminds me of that time in The Mummy where Evie is explaining mummification to Rick, telling him how they yanked the brain from the skull.

Rick's reaction is still one of my favorite lines: "Please, don't put me up for mummification!"

I just read an article that we, Belgians, can have an antibody test if we want to. It would cost 10 euro to get one.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Ouch!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Reminds me of that time in The Mummy where Evie is explaining mummification to Rick, telling him how they yanked the brain from the skull.

Rick's reaction is still one of my favorite lines: "Please, don't put me up for mummification!"
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

If I can pry the remote away from the teenage, I'll have two months work free to do a rewatch. Furlough in the summer can't be all that bad, right? They are still paying for health, dental & misc insurance, even my part, and phone/internet expenses. They are being pretty amazing about it.

Minutes after I found out a friend called and invited me to spend two weeks at her beach house this summer. Fate.

I approve of their reaction.

Can you link their tumblr, I might be inclined to add my own bitter response to my Kate getting the short end of the stick.
            One of many things to never forgive.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Crew Dragon is docked with the ISS!

Yeah, I saw your responses and thought, 'oh that poor newbie fan experiencing the rage we all felt. Bet they're glad to know they're not alone, LOL!'
            Ugh, and to go through it in a streaming manner. So fast, not like when it was doled out week by week for original viewers.

What a lovely moment at church! And when anytime I hear Russian scientist I think of the cosmonaut in Armageddon. "This is how we fix problems in Russian Space Station." *commences banging a wrench against the pipes*
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
              If I can pry the remote away from the teenage, I'll have two months work free to do a rewatch. Furlough in the summer can't be all that bad, right? They are still paying for health, dental & misc insurance, even my part, and phone/internet expenses. They are being pretty amazing about it.

Minutes after I found out a friend called and invited me to spend two weeks at her beach house this summer. Fate.
              Now that's just awesomesauce on top of the awesome ice cream sundae!

Ugh, and to go through it in a streaming manner. So fast, not like when it was doled out week by week for original viewers.
              It was excruciating. In a way, it was a relief when the show was cancelled and it was finally over.

What a lovely moment at church! And when anytime I hear Russian scientist I think of the cosmonaut in Armageddon. "This is how we fix problems in Russian Space Station." *commences banging a wrench against the pipes*

Comment

Believe me he had some interesting stories about working with the Russians.

I've finally recovered from spending Monday with the twins. But seriously, we had a lot of fun. We were able to play with the water hose on the deck. Mr. SR filled a bucket with water and they had a ball splashing and dunking their faces. SR Jr. said they learned that in swim class. They cried when splashed with the hose like they were being waterboarded every single time. Thing 2 grabbed the hose and sprayed himself in the face. Same reaction.

They also enjoyed throwing their hats and balls over into the yard and watching dad retrieve them. When I pulled out the bottle of sunscreen, they came over and held out their arms. I guess we've done this before.

They go catatonic when Sesame Street is on. Thing 1 likes to snuggle and read books but Thing 2 just runs back and forth.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                  Now that's just awesomesauce on top of the awesome ice cream sundae!

It was excruciating. In a way, it was a relief when the show was cancelled and it was finally over.

Right? I'm super excited. And one of our friends who lives a few hours south of me is going too. She will stop to pick up me and the kiddo up in her brand new RV. Southern chicks in an RV. Madness there will be.

And as I'm also a Supernatural fan, I can relate all too well to that relief when it's finally over. 15 years. My dedication was bought with the eye candy.

I've finally recovered from spending Monday with the twins. But seriously, we had a lot of fun. We were able to play with the water hose on the deck. Mr. SR filled a bucket with water and they had a ball splashing and dunking their faces. SR Jr. said they learned that in swim class. They cried when splashed with the hose like they were being waterboarded every single time. Thing 2 grabbed the hose and sprayed himself in the face. Same reaction.

They also enjoyed throwing their hats and balls over into the yard and watching dad retrieve them. When I pulled out the bottle of sunscreen, they came over and held out their arms. I guess we've done this before.

They go catatonic when Sesame Street is on. Thing 1 likes to snuggle and read books but Thing 2 just runs back and forth.
                  I'll bet he does have some interesting stories, lol. Probably some very unsettling stories, though I'm sure our own space program has had their fair share of MacGyver moments that would make me cringe.

Glad you had fun with the twins- what a wonderful day. And I kid you not, I was googling sprinkler pools this weekend- for myself. I'm ready to embrace my inner toddler and play with the water hose. What is more likely is that I will actually use this summer for some kayak fun. I might finally purchase my own.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'll bet!

Awwwww! So cute!

Right? I'm super excited. And one of our friends who lives a few hours south of me is going too. She will stop to pick up me and the kiddo up in her brand new RV. Southern chicks in an RV. Madness there will be.
                    Excellent!

And as I'm also a Supernatural fan, I can relate all too well to that relief when it's finally over. 15 years. My dedication was bought with the eye candy.
                    To be honest, I feel that way about the MCU as well.

I'll bet he does have some interesting stories, lol. Probably some very unsettling stories, though I'm sure our own space program has had their fair share of MacGyver moments that would make me cringe.
                    There's always the Apollo 13 Air Filter Maneuver. At least it worked.

Glad you had fun with the twins- what a wonderful day. And I kid you not, I was googling sprinkler pools this weekend- for myself. I'm ready to embrace my inner toddler and play with the water hose. What is more likely is that I will actually use this summer for some kayak fun. I might finally purchase my own.
                    Hah! Grown-up sprinkler pools! Or maybe a slip-n-slide...

Comment

Thing 2 grabbed the hose and sprayed himself in the face.
                      Reminds me of those kids which stand near a waterfountain which disappears for several seconds into the ground before it reappears so they go and look where the water went, and get it square in the face when it comes back.

Or when my sister is watering the plants and I squeeze the hose shut behind her back, so when she checks where the water went, I let go. Works every time!

Comment

Reminds me of those kids which stand near a waterfountain which disappears for several seconds into the ground before it reappears so they go and look where the water went, and get it square in the face when it comes back.

Or when my sister is watering the plants and I squeeze the hose shut behind her back, so when she checks where the water went, I let go. Works every time!
                        Yes, the twins have a little pool like that. Thing 2 loves the water, so he sits down and lets himself be sprinkled. Thing 1 cries for Mama when the water squirts him. They also have a water table that they love to play in. Thing 2 likes to drink the water though, so you have to watch him. Hopefully soon they can continue their swimming lessons.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thing 2 likes to drink the water though, so you have to watch him.
                          Ew...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LMAO!

Yes, the twins have a little pool like that. Thing 2 loves the water, so he sits down and lets himself be sprinkled. Thing 1 cries for Mama when the water squirts him. They also have a water table that they love to play in. Thing 2 likes to drink the water though, so you have to watch him. Hopefully soon they can continue their swimming lessons.
                            Awwww! Love to hear all these little bits and see how they're developing their own personalities.

Ew...
                            My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

I have to go in for an additional biopsy test on Thursday (this one while laying face down, pinned down, to a table - fun times - NOT). So that means I have to have another covid-19 test, aka a lobotomy, on Monday. Ugh!!

Loving all the twin stories!! Kids are so much fun at that age.

I haven't watched Supernatural in years, but I'm curious as to how they'll end it. Do you think they will kill them off? I don't know how you end it without killing them off.

You're a little stinker!

Comment

Working...
                                X