No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that given Syfy's history of cancelling shows (fairly good ones anyway) after five years, that Sanctuary will get another year, and then possibly be done.

Comment

the ratings aren't diving, they just aren't thriving
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
        Uh.... I wish I lived in your world Rocky... How can Sanctuary not be a flop? It's Syfy's lowest rated show and it's one of the lowest rated sci-fi shows on TV. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Sanctuary. But... You can't call it a hit just because it's cheap. And you can't ignore it has lost many viewers since season 3 has started, which goes against your theory completely. The fact that you like the path they've decided to take doesn't mean viewers are feeling or have felt the same way.
        Kinda unfair when its the only fall show.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
          You're right. I forgot about that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
            Very true and Abnormal's post was also inaccurate, it's the only fall scripted show so it's both the highest and lowest rated Syfy Fall scripted show However it isn't the lowest Syfy show overall either and is above the weekly Syfy primetime viewer average. I know Abnormal was just trying to counter the fanboy "everything is awesome" stuff but a little perspective is good.

There's nothing "refreshing" about doing something other people have done before however being the huge Sanctuary fan that I am I know that they usually (but not always) manage to throw in some different aspects to other shows. So for the musical eppy I'm going in with no expectations, I'll either enjoy it or not when I see/hear it. Sky had a good idea and I'll have a nice aged scotch & coke ready at hand, just in case

Though I must admit that I'll be a bit critical on the singing side having grown up in a household with an alto soprano in it, you learn a lot about music and singing even if you don't want to
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Very true and Abnormal's post was also inaccurate, it's the only fall scripted show so it's both the highest and lowest rated Syfy Fall scripted show However it isn't the lowest Syfy show overall either and is above the weekly Syfy primetime viewer average. I know Abnormal was just trying to counter the fanboy "everything is awesome" stuff but a little perspective is good.

There's nothing "refreshing" about doing something other people have done before however being the huge Sanctuary fan that I am I know that they usually (but not always) manage to throw in some different aspects to other shows. So for the musical eppy I'm going in with no expectations, I'll either enjoy it or not when I see/hear it. Sky had a good idea and I'll have a nice aged scotch & coke ready at hand, just in case

Though I must admit that I'll be a bit critical on the singing side having grown up in a household with an alto soprano in it, you learn a lot about music and singing even if you don't want to
              So then not only a good stiff drink, but you'll also need to put cotton in your ears?
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Next friday may be a good time to break out the Sanctuary Drinking Game

Take a drink:

Every time Will rants
                Every time Henry says Dude
                Every time Helen says 'dear god'
                Every time Biggie headslaps

Get a new drink when you see an ex-stargate actor on the show, beyond the main cast.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
                  Yes, yes, YES!! That would be beyond awesome!
                  I would love, love that! The episodes featuring 3 or more of The Five are my favorites. An episode featuring Peter Wingfield's Watson doing a sword fight would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post

I must say that I very much miss John so far this season - even though Chris has been around as Biggie (and he also had a great part in Hell on Wheels on AMC). I know we've had a Watson episode, as well as Tesla this season (with more to come) but I'm really missing The Five. I vote for a spin-off of The Five.
                    Anyone else wondering if the way Helen acted toward him in Tempus has anything to do with his not being around now? I hope he comes back. He's too interesting a character to let go. I'd also like an episode that focuses on The Five, but so far (at least from spoiler stuff I've seen) I just don't see it happening with the remaining episodes for this season. Anyone have other info?
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                      Anyone else wondering if the way Helen acted toward him in Tempus has anything to do with his not being around now? I hope he comes back. He's too interesting a character to let go. I'd also like an episode that focuses on The Five, but so far (at least from spoiler stuff I've seen) I just don't see it happening with the remaining episodes for this season. Anyone have other info?
                      i 'think' sanctuaryseries answered a fan's question on twitter on whether we'd see druit again, and from the way it was answered, i got the impression was yes. i can't find the tweet now, and i'm 'hoping' i'm remembering it right...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Is this the one, majorsal?

@SanctuarySeries Always worth a shot! / RT @AlChocolate We could always ask @SanctuarySeries if John is dead or coming back. Worth a shot, right?
                        16 Nov
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                          Is this the one, majorsal?

@SanctuarySeries Always worth a shot! / RT @AlChocolate We could always ask @SanctuarySeries if John is dead or coming back. Worth a shot, right?
                          16 Nov
                          i think that's it!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I have this thing....i don't like it when i see actors humiliating themselves for a role. I don't like OTT scenes for just that reason. I did like the grey's musical episode. But I'm so afraid that this will climb over the fence from working to cheesy. I really didn't care for the bollywood dancing either. It fit the story, but i cringed my way through it.
                            Well, based on the interviews with many of the actors (AT, RD, RR, etc), they all seemed to really dig the singing and ended up wanting to do more. So while we, the viewers, may find it silly or OTT, it doesn't seem like the actors themselves felt humiliated while doing the singing, IMO.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Fugue. Sanctuary has pulled off wacky ideas before IMO, plus they seem to have a somewhat scientific reason for the singing, which helps me buy into the conceit of the episode.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Well, based on the interviews with many of the actors (AT, RD, RR, etc), they all seemed to really dig the singing and ended up wanting to do more. So while we, the viewers, may find it silly or OTT, it doesn't seem like the actors themselves felt humiliated while doing the singing, IMO.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Fugue. Sanctuary has pulled off wacky ideas before IMO, plus they seem to have a somewhat scientific reason for the singing, which helps me buy into the conceit of the episode.
                              But what they say and what they actually feel about something might not be the same. I'm positive AT, RD or RR wouldn't say Fugue was a horrible experience and they for sure wold try to put a positive spin on the episode. If at least for the ratings. I'm sure they want to keep their jobs as much as we want Sanctuary to get a season 5.

Comment

Although I am not too thrill about the musical episode myself (never a fan of Glee!) I will try to remain open and give it a shot.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X