This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lornefan View Post
    I have all the other Atlantis and SG-1 books that are out on the Nook. I am just looking for the new book.
    It's supposed to be out on Barnes & Noble as soon as they get it up on their website.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      It's supposed to be out on Barnes & Noble as soon as they get it up on their website.
      I was just recently given a Nook because my Sony eReader quit working. It's been fun finding stuff at Barnes & Noble to read, and I discovered the SG1/SGA books there. I've downloaded Stargate: Sunrise (takes place after Beneath the Surface), and SG1/SGA: Homecoming. I'm going to space out getting more since it will likely take me awhile to read these two. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I really enjoyed Sunrise. Subtext of course, but some fine Jack/Sam!
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I really enjoyed Sunrise. Subtext of course, but some fine Jack/Sam!
          So far I'm enjoying "Sunrise". However, unless I'm completely clueless there really isn't all that much Jack/Sam - other than moments when they are in the midst of the current mission/situation, and an errant memory of their experience in Beneath the Surface pops up to distract them. I'm about halfway through at the moment.

And I'm finding Daniel extremely annoying. I sometimes get the impression (in this book and in episodes of the series) that it would be fine with him if he died trying to help others, and it would be just as fine if his teammates died right along with him in the process. And his naivete(?) is mindboggling at times.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            So far I'm enjoying "Sunrise". However, unless I'm completely clueless there really isn't all that much Jack/Sam - other than moments when they are in the midst of the current mission/situation, and an errant memory of their experience in Beneath the Surface pops up to distract them. I'm about halfway through at the moment.

And I'm finding Daniel extremely annoying. I sometimes get the impression (in this book and in episodes of the series) that it would be fine with him if he died trying to help others, and it would be just as fine if his teammates died right along with him in the process. And his naivete(?) is mindboggling at times.
            Well, they're stuck with MGM's ban on shippyness, so.... *sigh* *is Jack/Sam shipper*

Homecoming has quite a bit of Jack but not too much Sam, but Jack has a reasonable amount to do. The Lost has a good deal of Sam, as does the new one, Allegiance. Sam with the George Hammond and a really spectacular scene that's so Sam!
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well, they're stuck with MGM's ban on shippyness, so.... *sigh* *is Jack/Sam shipper*

Homecoming has quite a bit of Jack but not too much Sam, but Jack has a reasonable amount to do. The Lost has a good deal of Sam, as does the new one, Allegiance. Sam with the George Hammond and a really spectacular scene that's so Sam!
              I just finished "Sunrise" and aside from my little quibble, I thought it was very well done. I do wish, however, that we could have found out just how all the separation between the segments of that society came about.

I read a fanfic called "Pandora's Box" that is similar to "Sunrise", but told on a much smaller scale and there was a fair amount of ship in it. There were things about it that I wish had been more fully explained, but I read it twice. So that kinda suggests that I liked the story.

Up next: "Homecoming" and those that follow.

One thing I dislike about the Nook is that it only supports ePub and pdf files, so I have to figure out a way to convert txt, wps, and rtf formats to one of those other two. I've come across a couple of programs that will do that, but it's kind of a pain in the rear to have to convert files in order to read them on the Nook. Oh well .....

Unless somebody out there knows of an easier way to convert said files?????

Comment

I just finished "Sunrise" and aside from my little quibble, I thought it was very well done. I do wish, however, that we could have found out just how all the separation between the segments of that society came about.

I read a fanfic called "Pandora's Box" that is similar to "Sunrise", but told on a much smaller scale and there was a fair amount of ship in it. There were things about it that I wish had been more fully explained, but I read it twice. So that kinda suggests that I liked the story.

Up next: "Homecoming" and those that follow.

One thing I dislike about the Nook is that it only supports ePub and pdf files, so I have to figure out a way to convert txt, wps, and rtf formats to one of those other two. I've come across a couple of programs that will do that, but it's kind of a pain in the rear to have to convert files in order to read them on the Nook. Oh well .....

Unless somebody out there knows of an easier way to convert said files?????
                I enjoyed Sunrise too. It seemed like a plausible tag to Beneath the Surface. I think I read Pandora's Box too? A long time ago, maybe. It's an older story?

There's a late season 3 SG-1 one coming, Heart's Desire, by Amy Griswold who is one of the Legacy authors.
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I enjoyed Sunrise too. It seemed like a plausible tag to Beneath the Surface. I think I read Pandora's Box too? A long time ago, maybe. It's an older story?

There's a late season 3 SG-1 one coming, Heart's Desire, by Amy Griswold who is one of the Legacy authors.
                  I'd have to look it up, but I think "Pandora's Box" was from back in the early 2000's.

I'm going to have to keep a link to these Legacy stories, so I can find more to read.

Comment

I'd have to look it up, but I think "Pandora's Box" was from back in the early 2000's.

I'm going to have to keep a link to these Legacy stories, so I can find more to read.
                    Heart's Desire is set late season three. The blurb is that when Daniel finds an Ancient device that will give him his heart's desire, all hell breaks loose when everyone is affected by it. Presumably Daniel's hearts desire at that point is to have Shar'e back.
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Heart's Desire is set late season three. The blurb is that when Daniel finds an Ancient device that will give him his heart's desire, all hell breaks loose when everyone is affected by it. Presumably Daniel's hearts desire at that point is to have Shar'e back.
                      Well, that sounds interesting. And typical Daniel: doesn't stop to think about consequences.

Funny thing about asking for what you want. We don't stop to think how it's going to affect everything and everybody else.

Comment

Well, that sounds interesting. And typical Daniel: doesn't stop to think about consequences.

Funny thing about asking for what you want. We don't stop to think how it's going to affect everything and everybody else.
                        I bet I can guess what Jack wants -- Charlie back, and for none of the consequences of Charlie's death to have ever happened.
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I bet I can guess what Jack wants -- Charlie back, and for none of the consequences of Charlie's death to have ever happened.
                          Then there would have been no Stargate with O'Neil(l).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And Sam would want her mother back, most likely.

Is this a new book?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            Then there would have been no Stargate with O'Neil(l).
                            Interesting notion. Would there even have been a Stargate program? There would have to have been in order for Daniel to meet Shau're.

Comment

Interesting notion. Would there even have been a Stargate program? There would have to have been in order for Daniel to meet Shau're.
                              There would have been one but I doubt Jack O'Neil(l) would have gone on the suicide mission to begin with, thus it would have been a program without him. Somone else would have taken the lead most likely.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And Sam would want her mother back, most likely.

Is this a new book?
                                This is Heart's Desire by Amy Griswold, which is supposed to be out in the spring. (One of the Legacy authors also doing SG-1.)
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X