Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    My takedown request ticket is still ongoing. The @StargateCommand account asked me to write to the customer support email, along with my name and SC username. Of the 3 of my artworks that I am aware of, 2 of the posts now return 404 screens and 1 is still there and will hopefully also be removed soon.
    I noticed posts and comments have disappeared. I have a feeling they have finally realized they may need moderation, though I have a feeling that it will not be to the benefit of all. Paying customers are after all more valuable than none paying customers so... I can see where that could be going. I think they should just go for it, and close the whole thing down for freebies. Literally make the entire site VIP only.

I am sorry to hear about people downvoting/flagging you for asking people not to post spoilers and to offer tips to others who don't want to see spoilery, FH.
    It's my frustrated language that has gotten me some flags, but yeah, there are actually people going out of their way to downvote every single one of my posts. And they're not even hiding that they're doing it. But it's my word against theirs and since there's no moderation -- there's little I can do about it. And I don't flag post so easily unless they're really offensive so if they want to downvote cause they can do so (by the way, none of that is anonymous), I'll let them. I'll call them out on it but never get a response, just more negatives in my timeline.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Paying customers are after all more valuable than none paying customers
      Yes, that thought crossed had my mind and was a bit intimidating, with me not knowing the controls there and not having All Access Ascended status. But paying or not, artwork takedown requests have to be respected.

But it's my word against theirs
      That sounds like mobbing, FH. Frustrating is the word. The downvote buttons need to just go away. Thank goodness GateWorld doesn't have hit and run downvotes like that. It makes for chaos and animosity.

Comment

That sounds like mobbing, FH. Frustrating is the word. The downvote buttons need to just go away. Thank goodness GateWorld doesn't have hit and run downvotes like that. It makes for chaos and animosity.
        Well, I made the decision to just quietly disappear into the woodwork... or more accurately, the background of zeros and ones over on the other side. I wasn't going to continue the rewatch posts, but I can just drop em off and remain quiet as a church mouse. Not many people will miss me, I reckon.

Comment

Well, I made the decision to just quietly disappear into the woodwork...
          Until having to submit the takedown requests, I had been happily in the woodwork there and want to return there again. The quizzes are fun, but, based on the things noted in this thread, the forum there is not the kind of place I want to post in.

Comment

Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM? I've always been curious to see it, but could never justify paying actual money for the DVD set... (though if I see it in a bargain bin/second hand store for less £1 - I may pick it up). I'd be cool if they put it on.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM? I've always been curious to see it, but could never justify paying actual money for the DVD set... (though if I see it in a bargain bin/second hand store for less £1 - I may pick it up). I'd be cool if they put it on.
              Ask your local librarians if they have the DVDs, can do an inter-library loan, or partner with a digital service, such as Hoopla. Hoopla tip: Watch it mid-month, because there are 26 episodes and Hoopla allows 25 borrows per month, which resets at the 1st of each month.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/10082760
              Last edited by WraithTech; 04 March 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                Is Stargate Infinity fully owned by MGM?
                It's a co-production between MGM and DiC Entertainment (according to my Google search). The latter doesn't exist anymore. It was bought by the Cookie Jar Group which was in turn acquired by DHX Media (a Canadian entertainment company).

Comment

Art theft update: It still has not been deleted, in spite of the person who did it saying 2x that it was a mistake, once publicly and once to the mods. I truly do not understand why this hasn’t been taken care of by now and am disappointed.

Also, a note of caution: there are very familiar offsite Stargate-related places being advertised there, on their 3rd or 4th iterations. Before joining such a board, if at all, it would be wise to use a separate email address, just for that forum, and unique ID separate from other Stargate IDs. This is because mods can be promoted at any time, giving them access to your personal data. It’s not like GW where the same mod list has been stable over the years. Also, one might want create a test board with a few test IDs, to see what the mods there see. I had joined such a board years ago and received unwanted emails and spam after having left and I do suspect the problems I am having with the art theft are related.

Update: My stolen art was deleted as of yesterday. Thank goodness!
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 15 March 2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Well, looks like the place is bleeding out.

There are hardly any no-access people around anymore, so those who remain falsely believe everyone has access because that's all they see nowadays. The whole place is a freaking lie -- "the hub of all things stargate" -- bunch of elite BS.

As soon as all-access goes, life support can be turned off.

Comment

For the record, you are now able to delete posts yourself. This was not possible before (I don't know how long this has been in place though).

I just deleted a few of mine and I'll continue to clean house.

Comment

Well, looks like the place is bleeding out.
                        It seemed an almost ephemeral place, a site to make buzz about Origins. It will be interesting to see what happens to the content after that May 15th date.

For the record, you are now able to delete posts yourself. This was not possible before (I don't know how long this has been in place though).
                        Ah! So, now, I can type 100 gibberish posts to ascend, then hurry up and delete them?
                        (Just joking, I am not going to do that, but others have and it would be swell if the cheaters would at least clean up after themselves and delete their AAA, BBBB, CC posts.)
                        Last edited by WraithTech; 15 April 2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Okay, didn't consider that possibility...

But yes, that would be possible.

Comment

Falcon, you once posted in the past the company that actually developed the Stargate Command platform. I know it's some sort of template fan community company but I was hoping you remembered who specifically it was? Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              Falcon, you once posted in the past the company that actually developed the Stargate Command platform. I know it's some sort of template fan community company but I was hoping you remembered who specifically it was? Thanks.
                              TopFan --> https://www.topfan.com/ (their webpage)

Edit: as I take a look at their Fan relationship managament page, i'm suddenly reminded that Europe has new stricter Privacy rules in place soon, and these guys are literally breaking the whole lot of it. Doubtful they'll be expanding to Europe soon.

Comment

Thank you, kindly.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X