This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petra View Post
    LOL. I heard a few good jokes today but this one is by far the best.
    Thanks!!!! I know it is.
    I'm the funny guy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      Wow, seriously? I haven’t thought of Varro as the Teal’c-like character (he’s certainly not Ronon) but now that you’ve mentioned it I can kinda see it. Interesting.
      It's not exactly what I meant. It was mentioned by some forum members some time ago that the show could use a native tough guy in the team, like Teal'c and Ronon were. That's why I commented that they got what they wanted. Kind of.
      sigpic

Comment

And once again I’m utterly baffled. Since when does affectionate = “come on”? Has it occurred to you that a woman can be friendly and affectionate towards a man and it can be completely innocent?
        Maybe i felt that way, as it seemed to ME that is what was going on.. plus others in the show picked up on it (rush, chloe)..

Comment

There was nothing especially bad in this episode, it seemed mostly fine. But other than the fact that it seemed largely filler I actually started to feel almost relieved the show was canceled, in contrast to last episode. I don't need to see two more love triangles. Especially since one of them seems like a carbon copy of Eli/Cloe/Scott, except with older people.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Maybe i felt that way, as it seemed to ME that is what was going on.. plus others in the show picked up on it (rush, chloe)..
            I disagree about others seeing Park 'coming onto' Volker. I think all Rush and Chloe picked up on was that Volker being a bit moony eyed over Park. I'd say Park acted like she is fond of Volker but that's all.

Speaking as a woman I wouldn't think I was coming onto a guy I was friends with just by being friendly to him. Also the show has pretty much established that Park's the exact opposite of the 'leading him on' type.

I was surprised Chloe didn't know about Park and Greer ( I don't think Chloe would set Voker up to fail) - but maybe Park and Greer have been keeping things very quiet.

Comment

IMO if Eli, Chloe, and Scott had been written more like Volker, Park, and Greer , in terms of how their relationships had been developed(both friendship wise and romantically), the pacing of it, and the amount of attention the relationships recieved vs. the amout of times the characters involved spent doing other things; I probably wouldn't have minded the whole Scott/Chloe/Eli love triangle. I actually don't mind and even sort of like the Park/Greer/Volker triangle because of the way it was done.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kudra View Post
                I disagree about others seeing Park 'coming onto' Volker. I think all Rush and Chloe picked up on was that Volker being a bit moony eyed over Park. I'd say Park acted like she is fond of Volker but that's all.

Speaking as a woman I wouldn't think I was coming onto a guy I was friends with just by being friendly to him. Also the show has pretty much established that Park's the exact opposite of the 'leading him on' type.

I was surprised Chloe didn't know about Park and Greer ( I don't think Chloe would set Voker up to fail) - but maybe Park and Greer have been keeping things very quiet.
                I think you're correct and Volker never would have said a word if not for Cloe. It seems Cloe would know the difference between liking a coworker and "liking a coworker".

Comment

Originally posted by themyst View Post
                  I didn't even know about Park and Greer - how did I miss that? I was really confused when I saw them together in the end - although I suppose that scene by itself doesn't necessarily indicate that they were in a relationship. I know I didn't like how let down Volker was. It was a depressing note to end the show on.
                  In a previous episode, I think from season 1 they show Parks being intimate with Greer and then she is being intimate with another guy ( I thought it was Volker, but it may have been someone else ). Then Greer tells Mat that he has been hooking up with Parks.
                  sigpic
                  Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
                    In a previous episode, I think from season 1 they show Parks being intimate with Greer and then she is being intimate with another guy ( I thought it was Volker, but it may have been someone else ). Then Greer tells Mat that he has been hooking up with Parks.
                    Gosh, I still don't know how I missed all of that. I know I had a hard time relating/liking the characters early on in season one, maybe that's what I was more focused on.

Comment

Gosh, I still don't know how I missed all of that. I know I had a hard time relating/liking the characters early on in season one, maybe that's what I was more focused on.
                      The song was 'the worst day since yesterday' And it was Parks with another guy, then at the end of the episode it was Parks with Greer. I just remember the scenes at the beginning and end because of the song that was playing.
                      sigpic

Comment

The song was 'the worst day since yesterday' And it was Parks with another guy, then at the end of the episode it was Parks with Greer. I just remember the scenes at the beginning and end because of the song that was playing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                          I only like science fiction when it's rational. And this isn't rational at all.
                          In other words, this is not stargate-ish. Stargate has always been rational and based on realistic facts.
                          Riiight. I won't even get in to how rational or realistic the show has been, but I will say we've seen a ton of different types of lifeforms in Stargate and a lot of them have been very intelligent even when you would expect them to be more primitive.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
                            What's all this talk about Chloe not being insensitive? The girl might as well been giggling the entire time she was talking to the poor guy. She's the queen (princess?) of manipulating guys and her systematic breakdown of Eli was textbook in it's execution.

She practically led Volker to the wolves. If she could tell he was falling for Park, then how could she NOT have known Greer and Park have been bumping uglies for months? And lets be honest here, does anyone...ANYONE... think that Volker could get a woman away from Greer? Hell, if she was single he'd still be a longshot competing against the low frequency shaking of a loose wall panel.

Rush, while cruel, was at least trying to warn the guy off. Chloe on the other hand, decided she needed some entertainment.
                            Oh, well now that you put it that way it's obvious she clearly set out to manipulate him into feeling rejected. I just haven't figured out what her motivation to do such a horrific thing would be.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The food issue has disturbed me. Eli and a few others, well, I think they'd be looking a bit trimmer if they were really on such tight rations. Not that there's anything wrong with them as it is ... but it just doesn't make the story as credible. Another thing I've been wondering about is their never ending supply of ammo. I'd like to think these were details that were overlooked, but I don't think so. They're obvious enough, I think maybe they just didn't bother with these details on purpose for some reason. Too difficult to achieve the gaunt look maybe? I don't know.
                              That reminds me of Hurley on LOST. Actually, I remember a scene from a different episode where Eli shares a piece of fruit with Wray that he had swiped and only offered to share with her if she promised not to tell.

Comment

I guess I was thinking that growing your food takes quite a bit of time, at least it does for me. There would have been months of meager meals in between waiting for the garden to grow. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a little imagination.
                                I'm sure the Ancients had a pretty sophisticated hydroponic system built into the Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X