No announcement yet.

GateWorld Fan Art Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If matchstick figures are allowed,too I might do something for some challenges now and then, otherwise I will just be content to look at the arts being submitted

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Of course you can, if my picture helps. I am not really good at Photoshop and such digital drawing programs, so maybe you can upgrade it.
      Thanks.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes! match stick figures will be great! As long as you have fun doing it that is what fan art is all about

So I finished my Fan Art for the weekly challenge, What do you guys think?

low res stargate weekly 1.jpg

Any suggestions for the theme for next weeks weekly challenge?

@Platschu I can't seem to see your images

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Charles Arts View Post
          Nice color grading, with the background being softer in color, yet giving the impression of a hot day.

Comment

It looks nice, I like the art style and coloring. As WraithTech said it looks really like a hot day

Comment

Thanks guys!

So this weeks weekly challenge is done! Would love to hear everyones feed back? is there anything we can do to make it better? Maybe we could have a poll at the end where fans can pick there favourite of the week?

Andrew.

Comment

The poll for next weeks weekly challenge is now live! go vote for your favourite here

Cheers guys!

Comment

Thanks guys!

So this weeks weekly challenge is done! Would love to hear everyones feed back? is there anything we can do to make it better? Maybe we could have a poll at the end where fans can pick there favourite of the week?

Andrew.
                  While, I'm sure this is a wonderful idea. I have learned through previous artchallenges this will lead to people only picking the artist they know. And even if you don't put artists' names with the artwork, each has a distinct style and will still end up on top. If you want everyone to feel equal, I suggest not voting for favorite of the week but just showcase each piece and if they want to let the artist write a little paragraph about how they came to the result or where they got the inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    While, I'm sure this is a wonderful idea. I have learned through previous artchallenges this will lead to people only picking the artist they know. And even if you don't put artists' names with the artwork, each has a distinct style and will still end up on top. If you want everyone to feel equal, I suggest not voting for favorite of the week but just showcase each piece and if they want to let the artist write a little paragraph about how they came to the result or where they got the inspiration.
                    I second that, out of personal experience and having seen that happen to others.
                    Last edited by DarkenLycht; 01 April 2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Seeing your pro art digital process you hinted at would still be great!

If you add voting, maybe announce that ahead of the theme, because then it becomes more of a contest than a challenge and some artists see challenges are more laid back than contests. I second what was said above, that votes often go to friends (or character favorites). (I usually refrain from voting on contests, unless there is no getting around it, such as a prize donation which can't be divided.)
                      Last edited by WraithTech; 01 April 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I do not like arts contests and voting for those reasons. Arts are supposed to be fun creating at least for hobby artists (and hopefully for pros, too) and not so much about being the best.
                        Knowing there will be a fave picked can easily make people feel uncomfortable for trying to be the best and so feel bad about what they can do or thinking they do not get a fair chance because another artist has more supporters who will vote in their favor.
                        Also I am thinking such a gallery would be a chance for an artist to try out something new which they might rather not do when they think they could not compete with others then
                        Last edited by DarkenLycht; 01 April 2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Sorry I have not been replying guys! its been a crazy work week!

Cheers for your feedback! I agree with you all that having people vote for the best wouldn't be a good idea.

This weeks theme vote is up on twitter! go vote for your fav theme! here

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            PLEASE, don't give them that idea... it should be accessible for every fan.
                            They just added the content... and made it inaccessible.

*cue Price is Right game horn sound effect* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w
                            Last edited by WraithTech; 13 April 2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                              They just added the content... and made it inaccessible.
                              For realz?!?

Also, theme of the week was/is Teyla.

Comment

Game 1 : I was thinking, what if we could make a little challenge that there would be a little stargate on an empty page then every fan could draw some weird alien landscapes? Then we could make a gallery from the best ones.

Game 2 : Or we could make some "SG postcards" about different natural landscapes if somebody would be good at photoshopping the active / inactive gate into photos. Is it a silly idea?
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X