Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Spoiler:
    I am assuming you are talking about Joe..do you know which post it was...Joe likes to yank chains but what he says is usually criptic - someone dying could be Todd, Michael, Chuck, Banks, one of the nurses we see alot - doesn't mean it would be Zelenka...though Zelenka would probably have the strongest emotional impact on the fan base if they were stupid enough to off him.
    I don't remember exactly but I think it was a few weeks ago. People have brought it up a few times since then (in other places). Of course-
    Spoiler:
    the picture has fandom trying to guess which missing person will go. What makes me feel uneasy is that so many people are betting on it being Radek, just because he's a fan favorite and they think TPTB would do it on purpose for shock value. I hope they're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
      I don't remember exactly but I think it was a few weeks ago. People have brought it up a few times since then (in other places). Of course-
      Spoiler:
      the picture has fandom trying to guess which missing person will go. What makes me feel uneasy is that so many people are betting on it being Radek, just because he's a fan favorite and they think ]TPTB would do it on purpose for shock value. I hope they're wrong!
      Spoiler:
      Well, fans have been worried and speculating about Radek getting killed off since S1. I guess it is kind of a testiment to Zelenka's popularity, you only really worry about the characters that you get attached too. Not all secondary characters get killed, Bratac survived, Ryac and a few others. I think characters like Lorne, Caldwell, Todd and Michael have higher chances of getting axed then Radek.

There may be shock value in offing Radek, however with the fan base kind of expecting it, especially since Carson's Sunday demise, hopefully TPTB aren't going to want to do something the fan base is expecting so Radek may be safer than we think (keeps fingers crossed). No other character, not even Carter or Sheppard, plays opposite McKay as well as Zelenka does.

Radek not being in the last shot, while I am disappointed, doesn't surprise me because TPTB have constantly made Radek appear to be an outsider to the main cast while they have promoted other secondary characters - Caldwell in S2, Keller in S4 and Sam in S5.

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Spoiler:
        Well, fans have been worried and speculating about Radek getting killed off since S1. I guess it is kind of a testiment to Zelenka's popularity, you only really worry about the characters that you get attached too. Not all secondary characters get killed, Bratac survived, Ryac and a few others. I think characters like Lorne, Caldwell, Todd and Michael have higher chances of getting axed then Radek.

There may be shock value in offing Radek, however with the fan base kind of expecting it, especially since Carson's Sunday demise, hopefully TPTB aren't going to want to do something the fan base is expecting so Radek may be safer than we think (keeps fingers crossed). No other character, not even Carter or Sheppard, plays opposite McKay as well as Zelenka does.

Radek not being in the last shot, while I am disappointed, doesn't surprise me because TPTB have constantly made Radek appear to be an outsider to the main cast while they have promoted other secondary characters - Caldwell in S2, Keller in S4 and Sam in S5.

Spoiler:
        Very much agree with you, on all points. I came into this show late (started catching up right after s4 ended), but have read some of the old fan discussions. And yes, I would have been more surprised to see him in that last shot.

I think I'm just going to not worry about it, enjoy the rest of the season, and keep making pic fics.

I would be sad if they killed off Lorne, Caldwell, or Todd too (although much less so than Radek, of course). I'm kind of tired of Michael by now; he's run his course as a villain-character and can go before he's more overused than he's been lately. Need new villains! I can only hope TPTB agreed with me, since the eps are already done.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Very much agree with you, on all points. I came into this show late (started catching up right after s4 ended), but have read some of the old fan discussions. And yes, I would have been more surprised to see him in that last shot.

I think I'm just going to not worry about it, enjoy the rest of the season, and keep making pic fics.

I would be sad if they killed off Lorne, Caldwell, or Todd too (although much less so than Radek, of course). I'm kind of tired of Michael by now; he's run his course as a villain-character and can go before he's more overused than he's been lately. Need new villains! I can only hope TPTB agreed with me, since the eps are already done.
          Spoiler:
          I agree - I'm a bit of a Lorne fangirl, so I would hate if they killed him off, but I think Radek and Caldwell are safer - because they've had a lot more interaction with the main characters/are so popular. And Todd is just a very interesting character, in terms of motivations, so I don't see TPTB killing him.
          I really hope they kill of Michael. I wouldn't be too happy if they killed Chuck, but I wouldn't mind as much.

Well, at least if they kill Radek, there is always clones and replicators and AU fanfic, I guess.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by schweinsty View Post
            Spoiler:
            Well, at least if they kill Radek, there is always clones and replicators and AU fanfic, I guess.
            Spoiler:
            Repli!Razzie would be very popular around here. Also, somehow I think Radek would find it really cool to be a "Ghost in the Machine." He'd figure out some way to go into the system at will, and then re-form into a replicator body anywhere in the city (or puddlejumper etc.) whenever he wanted. Hmmm, there's a fic idea...

Ok, need *thunk*. Razzie-themed, since it's on my mind:
            Spoiler:

Phantoms is an episode we don't see a lot of thunkage from, but there's plenty to be found.

She can't stay away...

...Neither can he.

Dimple alert!

I bet her fingers are twitching, as she restrains herself from running them through his hair.

*thinking*: I know how those fingers can really move.

: Hello, Elizabeth.

Comment

I agree. I don't want to spend time worry about it because it will take away my enjoyment of watching his performances or my remaining enjoyment of watching SGA.

Zelenka so rules!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Yahoo! All the work computer upgrades are done & the PC monitoring is pretty much over! That means I can start hanging out again! Yay! I missed you guys ...

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post

Anyway, since there was no way for me to wait until 300 Zelenkaposts, I just got myself this a while back:

Spoiler:
                Great looking Z-Bear, DragonLady! I love the glasses! Mine never got 'em ... you don't really need to see to cuddle! (A word of warning ... If he's a bed-bear, he might lose his pants pretty easily. [Don't say it, Pajus! ... Just leave it alone!] I'm always finding 'em somewhere else by morning. I don't even wanna know why! )

Schweinsty - I love the idea of the "Radek & Evan - 2 Boys in Trouble" fic! That would be so fun. (And timely, seeing as how both of them are part of the NJ guest list ... Hint, hint - "commemorative" NJ Con Fic posting? )

OK - Time to page back thru all those thunk-pics. They were a sight for sore eyes - I tell ya!
                : How much time do you need?
                : ...a week... : ...a couple of hours.
                : I'll take the second estimate. Go.
                to : What are you? Union?

My LJ Got Ghosts? Gadzooks!

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeygirl406 View Post
                  Yahoo! All the work computer upgrades are done & the PC monitoring is pretty much over! That means I can start hanging out again! Yay! I missed you guys ...
                  Yay! Glad you can hang out more again!
                  Spoiler:

Computer upgrades are such a hassle!

(A word of warning ... If he's a bed-bear, he might lose his pants pretty easily. [Don't say it, Pajus! ... Just leave it alone!] I'm always finding 'em somewhere else by morning. I don't even wanna know why! )

Comment

Goody.
                    Just in time for us all to hear about the convention in two weeks!

sigpic

Comment

Rosehawk- what ep is that from? (Edit: never mind, if I'd quoted it I would have seen Echoes in the filename. Silly me.)

Looks like he's saying "All right, ladies, are you all packed to go on that trip to the mainland with me? One of you will have to pilot, of course."

Comment

Schweinsty - I love the idea of the "Radek & Evan - 2 Boys in Trouble" fic! That would be so fun. (And timely, seeing as how both of them are part of the NJ guest list ... Hint, hint - "commemorative" NJ Con Fic posting? )
                        Ack! Peer pressure! *Folds like a pile of laundry* It's on my to-do list , no promises on when I get it up, though .

And some welcome-back thunk .

Comment

Rosehawk- what ep is that from? (Edit: never mind, if I'd quoted it I would have seen Echoes in the filename. Silly me.)

Looks like he's saying "All right, ladies, are you all packed to go on that trip to the mainland with me? One of you will have to pilot, of course."
                          *Weeps 'cause he wasn't invited*

Comment

(A word of warning ... If he's a bed-bear, he might lose his pants pretty easily.
                            You know, after I read this part, I thought to myself, "aw, Whiskey, did you have to? Pajus is on this thread."

And then--

[Don't say it, Pajus! ... Just leave it alone!]
                            Behold the power of Pajus. ~.^ *points to his sig*

There's a transition I could make, but I'll settle for abrupt.

Thunking! "Progeny" thunk, since we're in a rare-thunk trend.

Spoiler:

"Progeny" -- the ep that made the Zelenka/Sheppard fangirls squee like a sixteen year old that got a car for her birthday.

DragonLady
                            Last edited by DragonLadyK; 23 October 2008, 07:54 PM.
                            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus
                              *Weeps 'cause he wasn't invited*
                              You could always fly the jumper! Just keep your eyes straight ahead!

If you fly the jumper we ladies can keep our hands busy with other more important matters!

Lovely *THUNKs* schweinsty AND DragonladyK
                              sigpic

Comment

Heh, I love that last pic of yours, DragonLady . He has the most wonderful expressions .

Comment

Working...
                                X