No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yeah, they did it for all the games I watched. It was really annoying. I suppose it would be weird to hear nothing, but... I don't know, the fake noise was just irritating me.
    Like laugh tracks on sitcoms.

All my teams did as I wanted. My local team (Patriots) and my childhood chosen team (Raiders) both won. And Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski of Tampa lost. Yes, I am that bitter of a person.
    Nah, not bitter. Just personally motivated.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I feel like I've lost days, lol. Busy weekend busting out the fall décor (ahem. Halloween too, because...2020. We deserve it).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Whoops, yeah my bad, Joe's in See, not Dune. I got my reply wires crossed, LOL.

On the subject of Dune, I looked a little more into this new version, and apparently they're splitting it into two movies? So this first movie is only going to get halfway through the book. Good call; there's no way to cram the entire thing into only two hours and have it turn out anywhere close to decent.
      Sorry that was probably me drinking too much coffee and typing too fast. No Joe in Dune, sadly.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Please think or pray or whatever you do for me Wednesday mid-day, when I'm having my surgery. The last one went fine, so I'm not terribly nervous. But.

Thank you!

Yes!! I was watching M*A*S*H the other day, and the laugh track was on way too much. People were "laughing" when nothing was funny.

Nah, not bitter. Just personally motivated.
        See, you get me.

Comment

I've always hated laugh tracks and can't imagine football with the fake crowd noise. Mr. SR and I watched ET last night and both were annoyed by the soundtrack blasting during the big scenes. As I usually do, I looked on IMDB and saw that the music was award winning and blah blah blah. Guess that's how out of touch we are.

Please think or pray or whatever you do for me Wednesday mid-day, when I'm having my surgery. The last one went fine, so I'm not terribly nervous. But.
          Well, that's about right now so consider it done.

Yes!! I was watching M*A*S*H the other day, and the laugh track was on way too much. People were "laughing" when nothing was funny.

See, you get me.
          I think it was Lucy and Desi Arnaz who first put on a sitcom with a live audience. A lot of shows followed and the laughs were somewhat natural, but when it wasn't possible, like with Mash, it did tend toward being highly annoying. On the live shows they held up signs that told the audience when to laugh, so that was almost as bad.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thank you!
            *hugs* Thinking of you and hoping everything's going well! *moar hugs*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            I feel like I've lost days, lol. Busy weekend busting out the fall décor (ahem. Halloween too, because...2020. We deserve it).
            Ohhhh yes, we absolutely deserve Halloween! Still feeling so bad for the kids who aren't going to get a real trick-or-treat this year, when it's going to be a prime year with it on a Saturday with a full moon too.

See, you get me.
            Yep!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I've always hated laugh tracks and can't imagine football with the fake crowd noise. Mr. SR and I watched ET last night and both were annoyed by the soundtrack blasting during the big scenes. As I usually do, I looked on IMDB and saw that the music was award winning and blah blah blah. Guess that's how out of touch we are.
            It's John Williams. I think they're contractually obligated to blast his music. (okay, not really, but you get the idea...)

I think it was Lucy and Desi Arnaz who first put on a sitcom with a live audience. A lot of shows followed and the laughs were somewhat natural, but when it wasn't possible, like with Mash, it did tend toward being highly annoying. On the live shows they held up signs that told the audience when to laugh, so that was almost as bad.
            *shudders*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Got my first ever Avenger Amazon box. It was battle scarred in a big way. I feel like the Avengers successfully protected my delivery. It was a titanium cup, but still...it made it without dent or scratch. It made me laugh too much.

Thinking of you! Hope it went well. Thoughts and prayers and all the good cosmic vibes coming your way.
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.

Yes, sometimes you can tell when the laughter is real and that's sooo much better.

*hugs* Thinking of you and hoping everything's going well! *moar hugs*
                  *Glomps you*

Ohhhh yes, we absolutely deserve Halloween! Still feeling so bad for the kids who aren't going to get a real trick-or-treat this year, when it's going to be a prime year with it on a Saturday with a full moon too.
                  s*
                  AND we get the extra hour of sleep cause of Daylight Savings time on the Sunday (it will be my favorite birthday present to myself - an extra hour of sleep!!).

Thinking of you! Hope it went well. Thoughts and prayers and all the good cosmic vibes coming your way.
                  Thank you so much!! I could feel the vibes.

Comment

Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.

Yes, sometimes you can tell when the laughter is real and that's sooo much better.

*Glomps you*

AND we get the extra hour of sleep cause of Daylight Savings time on the Sunday (it will be my favorite birthday present to myself - an extra hour of sleep!!).

Thank you so much!! I could feel the vibes.
                    I've been thinking about you. So glad it went well and hope the week goes fast but know it won't. Keep busy if possible.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And...it's still foggy out. It's been smoky-foggy for darn near a week. The ferries have all been running late due to poor visibility, we can't even see across the sound (although in the last couple of days we've started to see the faint outline of the opposite side), it's just been WEIRD.

Got my first ever Avenger Amazon box. It was battle scarred in a big way. I feel like the Avengers successfully protected my delivery. It was a titanium cup, but still...it made it without dent or scratch. It made me laugh too much.
                      OMG! Talk about being through the wars, LOL!

Yay! Good to hear it went well, and LOL about your co-worker going in MOM-mode! (but seriously, though, it's good they're looking out for you )

Heh, there's that too. We kitties do love our sleep.

Comment

So I just went to post we have the all clear from tiger watch and realized I never mentioned the recent madness that swept through town. So...multiple tiger sightings in my city. Counted cats at the zoo and the local Tiger Haven turned up no big cats missing. City proceeds to lose its mind and goes crazy with memes. Every bar, restaurant, and shop seemed to photoshop their business with a tiger in the front.

They are now admitting defeat and saying it must have been a bobcat. I have to admit, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/co...5-ef5179a82961

So glad to hear it went well and hope you continue feeling better. Just recovering from anesthesia is a beast, being sore and uncomfortable takes a toll so thumbs up to that co-worker. Keep getting lots of rest! Will keep sending all the good cosmic energy for healing your way and hope good news comes back.
                        Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 18 September 2020, 11:06 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Weather update: The fog has cleared! I can actually see to the other side of the sound and all the way to the village now! I can even see a faint fuzzy outline in the general direction of Canada. Hooray!

So I just went to post we have the all clear from tiger watch and realized I never mentioned the recent madness that swept through town. So...multiple tiger sightings in my city. Counted cats at the zoo and the local Tiger Haven turned up no big cats missing. City proceeds to lose its mind and goes crazy with memes. Every bar, restaurant, and shop seemed to photoshop their business with a tiger in the front.

They are now admitting defeat and saying it must have been a bobcat. I have to admit, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

OMG, I heard about that on the news. Frakkin' hilarious!

Comment

So glad to hear it went well and hope you continue feeling better. Just recovering from anesthesia is a beast, being sore and uncomfortable takes a toll so thumbs up to that co-worker. Keep getting lots of rest! Will keep sending all the good cosmic energy for healing your way and hope good news comes back.
                            LOL I thought I saw a bobcat once in our backyard but it turned out to be an overly large house cat. We live on the edge of a forest that connects up to a national park so we see all kinds of critters. There is talk of a black bear but so far he's avoided our section. I get amused by reading our neighborhood forum because people who haven't lived here very long get all in a twitter about the wildlife. And snakes? OMG if someone sees a snake, it's all hands on deck. And don't get me started about the helicopters. We live near several military bases and a helicopter pilot training facility. There be black helicopters. Duh. And the occasional fighter jet and/or osprey. Now those are really cool. We are not under attack.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

LOL I thought I saw a bobcat once in our backyard but it turned out to be an overly large house cat. We live on the edge of a forest that connects up to a national park so we see all kinds of critters. There is talk of a black bear but so far he's avoided our section. I get amused by reading our neighborhood forum because people who haven't lived here very long get all in a twitter about the wildlife. And snakes? OMG if someone sees a snake, it's all hands on deck. And don't get me started about the helicopters. We live near several military bases and a helicopter pilot training facility. There be black helicopters. Duh. And the occasional fighter jet and/or osprey. Now those are really cool. We are not under attack.
                              Heh! We've had a couple of bears swim out here, they were shipped back to the mainland after they were caught.

And oh yes, the military "wildlife". We've gotten the black helicopters and fighter jets a number of times, and one of those huge C-17 cargo planes a few weeks ago. Very very cool.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X