No announcement yet.

Rite of Passage (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good to see Cassandra again, and that was a tough decision about whether to save her life, or let her die and keep the Go'uld. However, they made the right call.

I didn't like Cassie's behavior at the first part of the episode, but it's just teenage stuff, in my opinion. I was so glad when she settled down at the last of the show. Great episode.
    "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

How did Cassandra grow up so quickly? In season 1 she was just a little kid.

Comment

Couldn't stand Nirrti, wished They went back on their promise after Nirrti cured Cassandra but the b**** got what was coming to her in metamorphosis.

Comment

True.. but it was fun watching her try to seduce jonas..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            True.. but it was fun watching her try to seduce jonas..
            she reminded me of Hathor.

Comment

Originally posted by JanineGrant2 View Post
              How did Cassandra grow up so quickly? In season 1 she was just a little kid.
              She was eleven or twelve in "Singularity". (The actress portraying her was, too.) So that makes her a teenager in "Rite of Passage". Kids grow up fast!

ETA: Before anyone says anything, yes, I'm aware they used a different actress in this episode. But had they used Katie Stuart again, Cassandra would still have been portrayed as a teenager, because Katie was a teen by this time as well. According to IMDB, she was born in 1985.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Cassie was supposedly turning 15 on her birthday in "Rite of Passage". In the episode "1969", when the team meets the elder Cassie at the end of the episode, Jack says something like "Cassie's 13 years old", which would have made her about 11 in "Singularity".

Comment

If she's 11 in "Singularity, which is just past the middle of Season 1, and 13 in "1969" near the end of Season 2, she was probably 11 going on 12 when she came to Earth. Yep, makes sense. So for her to then be turning 15 in Rite of Passage, which comes during the first third of Season 5, also makes sense... especially if you consider that each season likely does not map directly and tidily to a calendar year.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

The lexicon has Cassandra as a 12-year-old girl when they meet her on Hanka and, even though I thought she looked much more childish it works with the actress' age.

...especially if you consider that each season likely does not map directly and tidily to a calendar year.
                    Which is very frustrating.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This episode isn't quite as bad as I remembered. The problem is I really don't like the replacement actress for Cassie, and she overshadows the rest of the episode which actually has a lot of good stuff going on. It's not just the actresses fault, she's written here as a complete moody teenage *****, and it's in such a stark contrast to the Cassie of old.

The stuff in Niirti's lab is good fun, and the last 15 minutes or so are very enjoyable.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10
                      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                        It's not just the actresses fault, she's written here as a complete moody teenage *****, and it's in such a stark contrast to the Cassie of old.
                        But it's realistic. By this time Cassie could well be a complete moody teenage *****.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I don't think it's realistic, just sterotypical and cheap writing.
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I think it shows that even alien children are very resilient and it doesn't matter if they're from 'Toronto' or not, but they'll adjust in time.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It would have much more interesting to see the SGC turn Nirrti over to the Tok'ra to extract her goa'uld rather than just let her go. There are no rules of honor with such creatures. Even she said she would not have complied with the agreement. There is no sense in being overly righteous. Turning her over to the Tok'ra would have been the best choice.
                              Last edited by Dave2; 29 November 2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                                It would have much more interesting to see the SGC turn Nirrti over to the Tok'ra to extract goa'uld rather than just let her go. There is no rules of honor with such creatures. Even she said she would not have complied with the agreement. There is no sense in being overly righteous. Turning her over to the Tok'ra would have been the best choice.
                                I think I missed exactly was the reason for children to get sick in the first place in the planet village, and how did they know to go into the forest to find the entry to Nerrti's lab.

I seem to remember Sam commenting about all the planets with the millions and billions of people in danger from the goa'ulds, and yet most planets they visit only comprise a couple of small villages with a relative handful of inhabitants on entire planets.

Comment

Working...
                                X