Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Me on the left, Lahela on the right doing squeezies...
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

He was so lovely! He was telling us during one of his talks that he recently met up with his long lost love from over 20 years ago, awwww *so cute*
          sigpic

Comment

He looks great! Thanks for posting the pics!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
              He was so lovely! He was telling us during one of his talks that he recently met up with his long lost love from over 20 years ago, awwww *so cute*
              Thanks for the piccies (good shots BTW). And for bringing back great memories of sitting in the Sheraton bar with him and other guests last August. chatting away he mentioned his Lady and showed me photos of her on his phone. we talked about Blackpool (the first time I met him)and the impression he made with the two youngsters I had with me, and football (english) he is a big footie fan. Such a nice bloke and I know we say that sort of thing till it sounds corny but it's true.
              And anyone know how the guy just seems not to age he looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                Thanks for the piccies (good shots BTW). And for bringing back great memories of sitting in the Sheraton bar with him and other guests last August. chatting away he mentioned his Lady and showed me photos of her on his phone. we talked about Blackpool (the first time I met him)and the impression he made with the two youngsters I had with me, and football (english) he is a big footie fan. Such a nice bloke and I know we say that sort of thing till it sounds corny but it's true.
                And anyone know how the guy just seems not to age he looks great.
                I know!! He told me his age and I just did not believe him!! He was telling me he's a Nottingham Forest fan as he used to study at Notts uni and told me the score between our rival team derby... not good news but I was astounded he knew!

Nicest guy, he was the highlight of my weekend
                sigpic

Comment

Totally agree with Michelle. Peter Williams was really awesome. We were lucky enough to have a room on the same floor as he, so I got to ride the lift with him a couple of times. The first time was Saturday morning. We were all a little bleary eyed since the signings started a 9 am and that after a night of partying is a lot earlier than it looks. Peter must have felt even worse with the jetlag (it was probably the middle of the night for him). This being my first convention I just stood there next to him and didn't dare to open my mouth, but then another couple got in, and the lady looked at herself in the mirror and kinda squeaked at her appearance. And Peter said, "That's why I'm standing with my back to the mirror," and we all cracked up.

The second time was Sunday. Only one of the two hotel lifts were working, and we had just missed it going up. But I knew of a service lift around the corner, and when I checked it was on its way down. So I went back and told Peter about it, and he said he was already running a bit late. He had a newspaper in his hand, and on the way up he showed me this article. He said he lived in Antigua now, and the man in the picture was a local millionaire and the second largest employer on the island. Peter worked out at his health club and knew him personally, so it was interesting for him to read what the paper said about him. Later I thought of a million clever things I could have said or asked, but at that moment I only managed to utter an occasional (rather asinine) word. I'm not usually that shy or awkward, but sharing a lift with Apophis had a very detrimental effect on my brain functions.

Another time we met he was looking at the group shot of the guests.

He was talking to someone else, and they agreed that it looked like a rock band, with Colin being the drummer. I assume they had Joe and Jason on guitar, so Peter was wondering what he would be. I suggested the singer, but he said they had Alexis pegged for that. Again, later I realized I should have said 'keyboard', which would be quite natural given his lovely hands and long, delicate fingers, but my brain was not functioning again.

My poor daughter (she's twelve) fared even worse. At the signing Peter told her that at these cons you usually forget people very quickly, but he remembered her. Then he asked her a few questions, and she was hardly able to open her mouth. My son did much better, he asked Peter to draw the beard he's now wearing onto his autograph picture of Apophis, and he did. He really took his time over it, and when he was done with the black he said he'd be honest and used a different marker to add some silver. Here's the result.

Actually, Joe's beard has a lot more gray, and my son had asked him to draw it in as well, but he only went with black. Actually, Nicolas said Joe reached for the silver pen, but then decided against it. Peter's picture will get a place of honor in my son's Egyptian mythology collection. He's totally obsessed with it, and has a little 'shrine' with figurines and other knickknacks mostly of Anubis, the jackal, which is his favorite. But that may change now.

So it was an awesome experience for all of us. Too bad I didn't remember to ask Peter what kind of projects he was doing now. Hopefully I'll run into him again at a future con when I'm not such a newbie anymore so I can correct the impression he has of me... One thing I had meant to ask him was if he knew that the meteor that has a 0.000000000000001% chance of hitting earth in the 2030s was named Apophis. I really would have liked to see his reaction to that one.

sigpic
                  Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

That must have been one awesome convention with all those beauties there. Colin is another sweet heart! But Peter is the man! He's said in August to me and my friends that he and his lady love are building a new home on the island and he has been busy with theater and getting lots of awards for his movie "Winter's Tale":http://awintertale.ca/web/

Just a gentleman all the way. Thanks again for bringing the thread alive again with your great experiences at the convention.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      That must have been one awesome convention with all those beauties there. Colin is another sweet heart! But Peter is the man! He's said in August to me and my friends that he and his lady love are building a new home on the island and he has been busy with theater and getting lots of awards for his movie "Winter's Tale":http://awintertale.ca/web/

Just a gentleman all the way. Thanks again for bringing the thread alive again with your great experiences at the convention.
                      Thanks for the link. The trailer looks awesome. I need to find out if I can catch that movie somewhere. It really takes guts to tackle such a controversial subject. It must have been a nice change for Peter to get to do some emo stuff - I mean as Apophis he didn't get a lot of opportunity for that kind of thing.

You're welcome. It's great to have a place to share my elation about this meeting.

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        One thing I had meant to ask him was if he knew that the meteor that has a 0.000000000000001% chance of hitting earth in the 2030s was named Apophis. I really would have liked to see his reaction to that one.
                        Well he admitted to me and Lah that he's a secret 'lurker' so maybe he's reading this very interesting fact right now....
                        sigpic

Comment

Got a few shots of Peter which came out okay

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Great pics thanks for sharing!
                                sigpic

Comment