• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console release trailer thingy for the XBox 360:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...witcher/726180

HD link:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...witcher/726181

Very nice (pre-rendered CGI) trailer. IMHO, worth the watch even if you've already played the game/don't care about the game.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    It shows Letho's assault on the boat. I think parts of this trailer have been shown before, but I don't recall seeing this in its entirety. I think, if memory serves, this is Demavend he kills/beheads
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
      IMHO, worth the watch even if you've already played the game/don't care about the game.
      I will have to check it out when I get home. Stooooopid internet filter at work blocks "games"
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I will have to check it out when I get home. Stooooopid internet filter at work blocks "games"
        A bit off-topic, but should I also post the direct download links for vids from gametrailers when I post them? would that circumvent the filters?
        sigpic

Comment

XBox 360 Teaser:

New Features and Development interview:
          http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ne...witcher/727299

I guess I'll hold off on a new playthrough 'til the Enhanced Edition update thingy becomes available (I really wish Bioware would do the same thing, if only for DA2).
          Got a new PC and a short peek did show a big improvement. I hope the EE update has more optimization stuff.
          In any case, I'm currently busy w/ Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (fun game, so far. Quite pretty, if you don't mind the art style. Quite big, too) and Battlefield 3...and Mass Effect 3 is coming out in a couple of weeks, and I may just pick up Syndicate.
          sigpic

Comment

Can't believe this thread has only 2 pages. I've very much enjoyed what I've played of The Witcher so far. I've not quite completed the first game, but I'm close to the ending of it. What I like the most is its open-endedness. Never since Baldurs Gate have I encountered a series that lets you royally screw up your own story-line by making silly, rash decisions.

The only thing stopping me from finishing game #1 is time. I have none. And also a really crappy graphics card. I need to get that fixed before buying #2, which I have also heard good things about.

But first I have to make time for ME3.

I do enjoy the Witcher universe, though. I think it's quite unique, and if I ever get time, I'll read the books.
            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

New 'Kingslayer' trailer:

Warning: while not 'spoilerific', per se, it does give some info as to who/what the Kingslayer is.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...-unique-story/
                sigpic

Comment

My brain aneurysmed because someone mentioned the horrible War and Peace knock-off known as a Song of Ice and Fire on a thread about an epic series.

I haven't read the books, just played tiny amounts of the [mainstream PC - ie, not the other ones... the ones which come to mind first] games.

I really should play more ...

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                    My brain aneurysmed because someone mentioned the horrible War and Peace knock-off known as a Song of Ice and Fire on a thread about an epic series.

I haven't read the books, just played tiny amounts of the [mainstream PC - ie, not the other ones... the ones which come to mind first] games.

I really should play more ...
                    Eh? Aside from a Song of Ice and Fire and War and Peace both being epics they really aren’t similar. George RR Martin's work is a labyrinthine fantasy about power politics and betrayal which takes a lot of inspiration from the War of the Roses. Tolstoy's War and Peace is a work where he uses the struggles of Russian Aristocrats in the Napoleonic Wars to discuss philosophy, the nature of war, and history,

More to the point the Witcher series of books and game has many of the same themes as a Song of Ice and Fire, both are set in very dark, violent and sexual worlds, with lots of betrayal and Realpolitik. The main differences between the two is that the characters in a Song of Fire and Ice are very much at the centre of the intrigues, where as in the Witcher, Geralt the main character, is often just trying to get out of the way of these conflicts and finds himself drawn in against his will.

But to be honest A Song of Ice and Fire and the Witcher series are much closer to each other, with their dark fantasy worlds than War and Peace, and if you don't like a Song of Ice and Fire, you probably won't like the Witcher series either.

Hell the Witcher 2 is a better Song of Ice and Fire or Game of Thrones game than any of the actual spinoff games, with all the medieval politics and bloody rebellions, hell it even has a character nicknamed the Kingslayer in it.

Comment

Yeah. And Letho > Jaime Lannister

Another trailer:

For those who haven't seen it, yet, the new Intro for the Enhanced Edition:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8mUd4mUJs

'Making Of' of the new Intro:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOapUaH8E9A
                      Last edited by gotthammer; 16 March 2012, 10:18 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...om-on-thursday

One comment I read was speculating that the 'legendary' game could be a game w/ the word 'legend' in the title...
                          *looks at gog.com*
                          'Legend of Grimrock' on pre-order. Hmm. Oh well, it's just a few days away 'til one's certain...
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for the first Witcher game (primarily for the XBox 360 folks who haven't played the first game as it was a PC only release):

It's pretty 'general', tho', and doesn't account for the choices available.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is it important to know the story for the first game? I'm thinking of buying Witcher 2 for the 360.

Comment

Hmm. It's not so much the stories, but the characters. You'll encounter several characters from the 1st game (e.g., Triss, Dandelion, King Foltest, etc.).
                                There are some details that can carry over, via a TW1 save (not sure how they'll deal w/ this on the 360 end of things), but nothing really major, if memory serves.

IMHO, TW2's story stands well enough on it's own, and the journal feature gives a good enough amount of info on the characters, locations, and events.

The last video I linked pretty much covers most of the major events in the first game (minus details like some key choices in the game and characters).

I'd personally recommend a playthrough of the first game (or even just watching a playthrough/walkthrough of it via Youtube)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X