This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post

Another question. Do all the Stargate novels tie in with each other, or are they like the Star Trek books used to be? Meaning, something that happens in one book might be contradicted in another book.
    No, they don't tie in with each other. There are two or three that have sequels and even one recently that is a 3-part story. The 3rd book in the series (A Matter of Honor) has a sequel (The Cost of Honor). And later in the line-up is a 3-part story (Hostile Ground, Exile, and Insurrection).

In the SGA books, there is a series of 8 or 9 books that are all about Atlantis going back to Pegasus and events that happened there. There are other individual SGA books.

Comment

Yeah, basically I meant do they contradict each other, not tie in to each other. I was just wondering if they all fit together as one continuity.

Comment

Yeah, basically I meant do they contradict each other, not tie in to each other. I was just wondering if they all fit together as one continuity.
        Not sure what you mean by continuity, however, each book is like a separate episode. Most of the books say something like "comes soon after episode x in season x", but that's the closest thing to continuity that they come. I don't think there's anything I've read that conflicts with anything in the series.

Comment

Picked up the little novella in print. Really hope the others make it to print eventually.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Every time I see this thread update I hope it's new book news....lol

Comment

Sorry syder.
              sigpic

Comment

Heh, all good. Just wish we'd get some news.

Comment

Me too. I'd like to know what the current plans for 2017 are. I've pestered them on Facebook and Twitter a couple of times recently but no reply.
                  sigpic

Comment

Another question. Do all the Stargate novels tie in with each other, or are they like the Star Trek books used to be? Meaning, something that happens in one book might be contradicted in another book.
                    Yes, there are sometimes contradictions. Wraith blood, for example, is red on the show (Google "Broken Ties Breakdown" to see a photo on Joe's blog; I won't link here in case it is too gory). But, it is black in some books, such as the Apocalypse series and Halcyon and green in other books, such as the Legacy series. I like some of the books a lot, but, yes, there are differences.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 12 February 2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I wish the books would follow the more progressive writing style of the Legacy authors and stop calling Wraith, Goa'uld, Jaffa, hybrids, and other beings "it," "thing," and so forth. It is surprising MGM lets that get through and I had hoped Legacy would be a turning point and that type of language would be retired. It is understandable if a prejudiced character says prejudiced things, to reveal his or her character or to show how he or she changes, but not in exposition. The recent Apocalypse series had this objectifying language, along with the negative and inaccurate descriptions of Wraith homes and belongings (Ancient tech, too, such as Atlantis's control chair). It was constant and intruded upon an otherwise gem of a story, as cracks do on a fine art vase.
                      Last edited by WraithTech; 15 February 2017, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Me too. I'd like to know what the current plans for 2017 are. I've pestered them on Facebook and Twitter a couple of times recently but no reply.
                        Me three! I did notice the upcoming titles on their website for Diana Dru Botsford. Admittedly I do not check their site often, so I do not know if that is old news for anyone. Wasn't there a book that was supposed to have been out by now and it was delayed because the author was not well?

I wish they would finish the sequel for that horrible book that has SG-1 in limbo still. (Book #15 I think?) I also wish the author for Barque of Heaven and the ones for Roswell would do another. They were fantastic.

Comment

Yeah, I believe Diana was working in the new series about the Hammond and it was delayed due to illness.

We've gone a long while without updates, makes me nervous. I think we are still waiting on 2 novellas as well right? Announced back in 2016...

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post

I wish they would finish the sequel for that horrible book that has SG-1 in limbo still. (Book #15 I think?) I also wish the author for Barque of Heaven and the ones for Roswell would do another. They were fantastic.
                            If you are referring to "The Power Behind the Throne", there will never be another book on that series. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but apparently MGM and the publishers didn't like what the author was doing and cancelled the next two books in the series.

Comment

They weren't the only ones. I really hated that book. I did like he made the Goa'uld seem actually threatening but otherwise, it just didn't feel like a Stargate book at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                They weren't the only ones. I really hated that book. I did like he made the Goa'uld seem actually threatening but otherwise, it just didn't feel like a Stargate book at all.
                                It seemed to me the author was writing a book about the civilization he created, with a small dash of SG1 thrown in to show that it was an SG1 book. Except they got captured early on and barely made an appearance again until near the end of the book. Teal'c did get a bit more presence in the story, though. There were also a lot of mistakes about the Stargate universe that the author made that many people made note of when they made comments about the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X