• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Stargate: Universe Reviews: Season 1
    (All reviews out of four stars, ****)

1x06 "Water" **1/2
    I scrubbed through most of "Water" that didn't take place on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      I scrubbed through most of "Water" that didn't take place on the ship.
      Yeah, it got a little stale... and I only posted that list here so I could hyperlink it to my signature without randomly posting in some other thread, don't anyone take this as me trying to force you to read what I write.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I vote for SG-1. But it's really whichever gets more votes in the end. I know I will enjoy both!

haven't had the chance to read your reviews But I will shortly and comment on them then.
        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Another great episode. As for which to write next, I vote for "The Lost Tribe".

Comment

great ep mate. i liked how you managed to maintain th efact that the team doesn't always have to win at all points but maqnaged to make sure the team did what they planned on in the end , uniting th etwo civilisations. regardless if it was against a common enemy (Vala).

but im thinking everyone knows that a friendship built on necessity (uniting in face of elimination or uniting in face of a common foe) never lasts cause eventually that foe is gone and then they return to bickering / slitting eachothers trhoats what ever comes first

so im excited expecting a bit more form the people of this planet as it could turn quite interesting to see them get in SG-1s way as they try to save the galaxy form the Aschen or something
            sigpic

Comment

I vote "The Lost Tribe"

Comment

Forerunners sounds cooler.

Comment

I also vote for "The Forerunners"

Comment

As for the next episode, whichever is fine with me, now that the beast that is called EatG is dead..

That was a great episode, with a great concept. Just a couple of small quibbles with it-

-I thought that Daniel telling Vala just to go along with the god status was out of character. He was ALWAYS adamant about telling the truth about that sort of stuff- examples are the episodes with the Asgard that you mentioned, as well as that s9 episode you mentioned. Or was there a specific reason he went against it this time? This just seems like one of those DJ beliefs that he would never abandon.

-The ending was a little puzzling. Vala said that they should turn the sides against her, and then the next scene they're walking through the gate back to Earth? Reminds me of the scene in 200 where the team is running away from the replicators (The time dilation field activates in 10 seconds!) and then suddenly you see them walking through the gate. My reaction was mostly the same in this episode as SG-1's was in that episode...

It would've been four stars no question, but those things drop it to a 3.5 star IMO. Overall, very good episode.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post

-The ending was a little puzzling. Vala said that they should turn the sides against her, and then the next scene they're walking through the gate back to Earth?
                      She attacked both factions guards and set her "killers" free, at odds with their new leaders' wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                        -I thought that Daniel telling Vala just to go along with the god status was out of character. He was ALWAYS adamant about telling the truth about that sort of stuff- examples are the episodes with the Asgard that you mentioned, as well as that s9 episode you mentioned. Or was there a specific reason he went against it this time? This just seems like one of those DJ beliefs that he would never abandon.
                        Daniel wasn't doing it because he felt it was the right thing to do, though, he told he that because these were two settlements on the verge of blowing each other to kingdom come. I'm sure he was all for revealing the truth, but not when they might have ended up in some religious bloodbath as a result when it all came out.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          She attacked both factions guards and set her "killers" free, at odds with their new leaders' wishes.
                          Sure, that's probably what happened... But I would've liked it to be a little more obvious, and to have it explained out, if not at that moment, then after they got back to Earth.

Daniel wasn't doing it because he felt it was the right thing to do, though, he told he that because these were two settlements on the verge of blowing each other to kingdom come. I'm sure he was all for revealing the truth, but not when they might have ended up in some religious bloodbath as a result when it all came out.
                          I guess that's just a matter of opinion then- I think that maybe if someone had suggested it, he wouldn't have been ok with it, but he may have gone along with it. I just don't think he would've suggested it himself. Just IMO though.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

The Eposide was really really great. I liked it.

Comment

The team investigates "The Forerunners"
                              For millennia, the Ancients have reigned supreme as the most-advanced race in known history, establishing a vast network of stargates and colonizing countless worlds. Every species yet encountered by Earth has paled in comparison to these vanished precursors to humanity, but what if they were not the first? What if, at a time when even the "Ancients" were young, another civilization had grown old? Now, with the help of the Alliance archives on Heliopolis, SG-1 travels to a remote planet who's address was locked out by the Nox, curious as to what might lay hidden there... and awakening something their deceased allies never wanted to be able to see the light of day again.

"The Forerunners" will not feature any prominent guest stars.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                The team investigates "The Forerunners"
                                It sounds really great!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X