Fox developing an American version of Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I don't remember it that way, but it didn't bug me so much, maybe because there's a different attitude in Brit shows. They have a science of being naughty without being crude.

and yes, reese did play the 'potential troublemaker that asked the wrong questions' in the beginning, but it didn't end in divorce so that gwen and jack could get together, it ended with reese practically becoming part of the team. It was dealt with in a very adult manner as far as i was concerned.

they yelled, they screamed, they fought and they overcame, and i think they're stronger for it

I don't have that much faith in US tv productions anymore. The overriding attitude amongst US tv makers is do it cheap, do it easy, crank it out and don't make it too thought provoking or different. cliches are good and cliches = easy ratings
    I feel the need to defend Welsh spelling - it's Rhys, not Reese

Comment

This is so awesome of an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        This is so awesome of an idea
        You sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          You sure?
          If they have John Barrowman

And if RTD is involved.

Then yes this should be a pretty awesome idea.

As for Americans being unable to produce quality TV.....maybe for the most part but there are still good shows out there.

Comment

If they have John Barrowman

And if RTD is involved.

Then yes this should be a pretty awesome idea.

As for Americans being unable to produce quality TV.....maybe for the most part but there are still good shows out there.
            Would it be so awesome? Because I imagine the whole omni sexual part of Capt Jack's personality would be removed for American audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Would it be so awesome? Because I imagine the whole omni sexual part of Capt Jack's personality would be removed for American audiences.
              you imagine but I say wait and see

Comment

I ain't holding my breathe for it.

Comment

I will, but i'm not excited.

Comment

If it were on FX or USA, hell, even SyFy, it might be good... but Fox? This will end in tears.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      If it were on FX or USA, hell, even SyFy, it might be good... but Fox? This will end in tears.
                      that is the only thing, that they will can it very quickly after it would be made, but al lit really needs is two or three seasons to turn it into something that is called a successful series. It will be in total a show that lasts for 6 years, and that is a descent run in todays world.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        FX seems to be growing in success with their original shows. (Nip Tuck, Sons of Anarchy, Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and whatever was the other one). USA? I'm not so sure, have they done sci-fi before? Most of their programming is action-oriented, then again, characters welcome . SyFy? Maybe, but they do have a canceling streak.

Comment

The 1996 Doctor Who movie was filmed in partner ship with FOX made in VANCOUVER. That movie failed in the USA.

Excuse me while I hop in the Tardis and head to FOX. Got some heads to bang together before it's too late.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            The 1996 Doctor Who movie was filmed in partner ship with FOX made in VANCOUVER. That movie failed in the USA.

Excuse me while I hop in the Tardis and head to FOX. Got some heads to bang together before it's too late.
                            And let's not forget it was awful... let's make try and retcon the Doctor to be half Human! There is just not enough facepalm for that.

I just hope we still get Season 4 set in Cardif.
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              And let's not forget it was awful... let's make try and retcon the Doctor to be half Human! There is just not enough facepalm for that.

Me too, we could somehow have two Torchwood shows airing at once.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

I have never understoof what the problem was with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X