Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    What you might want and what you'll actually get can be two very different things.
    That is why I won't be watching.

You are not the entirety of the tv audience, nor are you even representative of an average viewer. To put it bluntly, pretty pictures sell well.
    It's pitiful, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      It's pitiful, isn't it?
      Sometimes yes, sometimes no. As much as I love challenging and extremely intelligent tv like the Wire, the Sopranos, Deadwood or Game of Thrones, sometimes it's nice to have a fun show that's pure entertainment. This looks like it might be. In the grand scheme of tv, I'm much more concerned about audiences watching utter garbage like Jersey Shore, than them watching a show like this.

And Stephen Lang shooting dinosaurs certainly looks better than other crap like Teen Wolf.

Comment

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. As much as I love challenging and extremely intelligent tv like the Wire, the Sopranos, Deadwood or Game of Thrones, sometimes it's nice to have a fun show that's pure entertainment. This looks like it might be. In the grand scheme of tv, I'm much more concerned about audiences watching utter garbage like Jersey Shore, than them watching a show like this.

And Stephen Lang shooting dinosaurs certainly looks better than other crap like Teen Wolf.
        I think you'll find its geordie shore now.

Bring on the pew pew!
        sigpic

Comment

I wonder why people call shows "crap" and put them down before they even air. I know there have been shows that I thought I'd love from episode 1 (SGU). Then the show airs and I'm disappointed. The opposite also happens...I think I won't like the show...but I watch and I'm surprised by it and keep watching.

Give it a chance before you're negative about a show...
          sigpic

Comment

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. As much as I love challenging and extremely intelligent tv like the Wire, the Sopranos, Deadwood or Game of Thrones, sometimes it's nice to have a fun show that's pure entertainment. This looks like it might be.
            A science-fiction show doesn't have to be extremely intelligent. I just don't want to see the science dumbed down for no good reason.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I wonder why people call shows "crap" and put them down before they even air.
            I didn't call it crap, I called the show's premise, as depicted in the preview... crap.

Comment

I didn't call it crap, I called the show's premise, as depicted in the preview... crap.
              I wasn't specifically referring to you...but still...give the show a chance!
              sigpic

Comment

Saw a preview of this while watching X2 on FX. Might check this out it looks like it might be fun. I thought it looked silly at first. But anything with dinosaurs is awesome....right? RIGHT?!

Comment

Why should I when I dislike the very premise due to being poorly conceived?

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  But anything with dinosaurs is awesome....right? RIGHT?!
                  If well written, sure.

Comment

A science-fiction show doesn't have to be extremely intelligent. I just don't want to see the science dumbed down for no good reason.
                    Considering that most scifi shows really have little basis in actual science I can't really see how Terra Nova can be seen as any worse than Trek or Stargate or Farscape.
                    It has someone who can best be described as looking like a cast off from Twilight as the lead. It has the word "Teen" in the title and is about them. It's on MTV. These things tell me instantly it really isn't a show aimed at me. Unless the young idiot in your signature is torn apart in the first 5 minutes and replaced with someone cool, like say Ian McShane in full on evil mode, then I can safely say that Teen Wolf is of zero interest to me.

*EDIT*
                    Just so that no one could say that I hadn't completely dismissed Teen Wolf out of hand, I just watched the trailer for the show on youtube. I'll let Stephen Fry sum up my thoughts on it...
                    Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 02 June 2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

It has someone who can best be described as looking like a cast off from Twilight as the lead. It has the word "Teen" in the title and is about them. It's on MTV. These things tell me instantly it really isn't a show aimed at me. Unless the young idiot in your signature is torn apart in the first 5 minutes and replaced with someone cool, like say Ian McShane in full on evil mode, then I can safely say that Teen Wolf is of zero interest to me.

*EDIT*
                      Just so that no one could say that I hadn't completely dismissed Teen Wolf out of hand, I just watched the trailer for the show on youtube. I'll let Stephen Fry sum up my thoughts on it...
                      Lets talk about Terra Nova here and not another show. BTW...posting a video biased in your favor is not evidence. Posting a neutral video and letting people make up their own minds...now that would work.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lets talk about Terra Nova here and not another show. BTW...posting a video biased in your favor is not evidence. Posting a neutral video and letting people make up their own minds...now that would work.
                        I know Stephen Fry is considered a very witty and knowledgeable man, but since when has a funny clip of him on QI being considered "evidence?"

Comment

Lets all be friends. And throw Dinosaurs at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Lets all be friends. And throw Dinosaurs at each other.
                            But if I'm friends with everyone, who have I got to beat over the head with a dinosaur?

Comment

But if I'm friends with everyone, who have I got to beat over the head with a dinosaur?
                              Twilight fangirls
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Twilight fangirls
                                But then we go round in a circle. Eventually having unleashed Waggleton P Tallylicker here
                                Spoiler:

he'll run out of Twilight fangirls and have to move on to things of similar taste. Like fans of Teen Wolf....

Comment

Working...
                                X