• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selfless, Brave and True (218)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    SELFLESS, BRAVE AND TRUE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 218
    Mary Margaret discovers a completely wooden August living alone in the woods, and hopes to help him find redemption. Neal brings his fiancée to Storybrooke, and Regina figures out the identity of the stranger.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 12 April 2013, 08:24 PM.

Well, that's interesting!

I wonder about her origin story, why is she so sure?

Comment

I am really wondering at the moment if the Writers shut off their Brains or something like that? Seriously, Pinochio the Boy made of Wood was just electroshocked to death! Now thats not right.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

a good ep.

i'm not crazy that august went back to being a little boy. i'm not crazy about the new woman or her manipulative motivations.

i'm really glad snow got over her 'woe is me' stuff, b/c it was getting old real fast.

it seems charming doesn't have much to do these days. (i think the writers need to stop writing him so mr perfect, b/c it makes him boring)

i don't like the car accident guy (once again forgot his name) being in with new manipulative woman (forgot her name).

i'm wondering if new manipulative woman is from fairytale land originally? she's just too obsessed with magic and it's making me wonder...

i think regina should adopt a new kid.

owen, that's the car accident guy!

oh yeah, henry's dad is also involved with manipulative new woman.

i wonder who the dragon man really is? or was...

i really do wish regina could adopt a kid, and one that would be grateful and loving to her!!

henry sometimes ticks me off.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          I am really wondering at the moment if the Writers shut off their Brains or something like that? Seriously, Pinochio the Boy made of Wood was just electroshocked to death! Now thats not right.
          ah yup, did roll my eyes at that too, at least push him in a swimming pool or something first, make it remotely realistic.... technically if it was enough voltage, he should have exploded or caught fire first, then died...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            ah yup, did roll my eyes at that too, at least push him in a swimming pool or something first, make it remotely realistic.... technically if it was enough voltage, he should have exploded or caught fire first, then died...
            Yeah, I'm kinda stuck on that too. He's wood! He should at least have been scorched or be smoldering or something. This is why I really do prefer science fiction over fantasy, at least with scifi one can imagine it might be plausible.
            sigpic

Comment

I have to say I was disappointed August turned into a little boy, and surprised. I didn't know I cared about August. Well, maybe we will see him again in flashbacks.

So I see this Tamara person has sort of a big story arc, more than I thought. I figured she was there just to add some angst for Emma. Besides all the future trouble they are implying, I can imagine that when Neal figures out he's being used this will be another major crisis for him, another layer of complication with his trust issues. Oh, dear.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                I have to say I was disappointed August turned into a little boy, and surprised. I didn't know I cared about August. Well, maybe we will see him again in flashbacks.

So I see this Tamara person has sort of a big story arc, more than I thought. I figured she was there just to add some angst for Emma. Besides all the future trouble they are implying, I can imagine that when Neal figures out he's being used this will be another major crisis for him, another layer of complication with his trust issues. Oh, dear.
                i don't care if emma and neal reunite. i don't ship them. (i can't find any one for emma)

neal feels different to the other storybrookers. i guess he has this edge that i don't really like mixing in with storybrook. but, i've complained before about the series needing some edge (i think i did), it just don't want it in the form of neal.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i don't care if emma and neal reunite. i don't ship them. (i can't find any one for emma)

neal feels different to the other storybrookers. i guess he has this edge that i don't really like mixing in with storybrook. but, i've complained before about the series needing some edge (i think i did), it just don't want it in the form of neal.
                  Picky, picky.
                  Meh...

Comment

I'm kind of neutral about Neal right now. He seems sort of naive but I doubt he is, except maybe with a certain woman. But maybe he's just treading lightly in SB, seeing how things go with dad and Henry. And I think he does have a thing for Emma, that's probably why he wanted Tamara to come, to distract him. I don't know if I ship E & N, too soon to tell.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey Livestick, just how do you expect to collect on that? You have to catch me first!

"You must pay me $100 for every word of this you read."
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Livestick, just how do you expect to collect on that? You have to catch me first!

"You must pay me $100 for every word of this you read."
                        I have my ways...
                        Meh...

Comment

i'm wondering if new manipulative woman is from fairytale land originally? she's just too obsessed with magic and it's making me wonder...
                          I dont want to sound racist, but going by her Skincolor there are not many Tales she can belong to. For some reason I was thinking Pocahontas. As for the Chinese Guy with Magic, how about Mushu? The protective Spirit of Mulan.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

As for the Chinese Guy with Magic, how about Mushu? The protective Spirit of Mulan.
                            That makes perfect sense, considering how his room was decorated with wall hanging with writing from the Orient. Mulan came from the (Far) East.

For some reason I was thinking Pocahontas.
                            I've seen a lot of guesses on this match-up. However--
                            My first instinct --from a few weeks ago-- is that she is/was Wendy. If Neal/Bae is Peter Pan (knows how to pilot Hook's ship, etc), then he was originally hitched up with Wendy in or from Neverland. It would make sense if she followed him, character wise into Storybrooke, but is using a different name. And Wendy is familiar with magic, so that carries more weight?

Comment

I dont want to sound racist, but going by her Skincolor there are not many Tales she can belong to. For some reason I was thinking Pocahontas. As for the Chinese Guy with Magic, how about Mushu? The protective Spirit of Mulan.
                              maybe the writers aren't going to hinder the characters by skin color or ethnicity. i hope so.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X