• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen of Hearts (209)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    QUEEN OF HEARTS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209
    Cora and Hook enact their plan to open a portal to Storybrooke, while on the other side Regina and Mr. Gold join forces to prevent anyone from coming through.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 07 December 2012, 01:15 PM.

What a great cliffie. cora and hook on their way to Storybrooke, regina neglected and vulnerable, rumpy being oddly helpful and Emma....so, wonder if she's like Audry from Haven, immune to magic
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I loved the ending with Hook and Cora coming to Storybrooke. I'm not as big as a fan of Cora, but I can't wait to see what kind of havoc Hook will have on everyone.

Rumpy is only helpful when it benefits him, so I wonder what he knows that no one else does - especially in regards to Emma. Some big twist we wont see coming I'm sure.

Looking forward to what will happen in the second half of the season.

Was this the last episode before the winter break, or will therw be more?
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

i enjoyed the ep. too many interruptions, but i saw enough to enjoy.

i really, really hope to see a showdown between regina and cora. should be super fun!

i love what they're doing with regina's character, and i'm very happy with the regina/henry relationship. i sometimes want to smack henry, though... too goody two-shoes. no matter what regina's done, she IS his mother, and the only one he's known his whole life.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

This was an excellent episode. Good mid-season finale. I was always wondering if Emma would have any magical properties/powers other than being the savior of Storybrooke. When Emma pushed Snow out of the way before Cora could grasp her heart, I said to myself something has to happen, Emma needs to be special in some way. I liked how it was explained by Mr. Gold that she is the product of true love. Should be interesting if she can defend the town from Regina and Cora and fight back with magic also or as Sky put it, "immune" to most spells.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            This was an excellent episode. Good mid-season finale. I was always wondering if Emma would have any magical properties/powers other than being the savior of Storybrooke. When Emma pushed Snow out of the way before Cora could grasp her heart, I said to myself something has to happen, Emma needs to be special in some way. I liked how it was explained by Mr. Gold that she is the product of true love. Should be interesting if she can defend the town from Regina and Cora and fight back with magic also or as Sky put it, "immune" to most spells.
            I even wrote that a few times last Season. Emma is going to be the most Powerful of all of them, because of she is the Personification of true love. As we know, true love can break any Spell.

The Curse though has its foundation in the very same love and may actually get its Power from Emma, so leaving Storybrooke will still be very hard. I wonder about the Towns boundaries though. I thought the Barrier erases Memories and Hook and Cora seemed to be still pretty far away from the Town. Just wondering if they just got lucky in arriving just inside the Townlimits.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This was a great episode! I almost felt for Regina when Henry left her out at the end, almost. Looking forward to the trouble Hook will bring, I'm sure it's not over between he and Emma. Hopefully Regina and Cora stay enemies, Storybrooke is screwed if they end up helping eachother. You know Regina can't stay good forever. I can't even imagine what Rumple is up to...oh to have to wait!

Anyone else see Beckett?
              Last edited by rkgardner2003; 03 December 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                This was a great episode! I almost felt for Regina when Henry left her out at the end, almost. Looking forward to the trouble Hook will bring, I'm sure it's not over between he and Emma. Hopefully Regina and Cora stay enemies, Storybrooke is screwed if they end up helping eachother. You know Regina can't stay good forever. I can't even imagine what Rumple is up to...oh to have to wait!
                I did feel very sorry for Regina in this episode. Glad Henry at least gave her a big hug.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  I thought the Barrier erases Memories and Hook and Cora seemed to be still pretty far away from the Town. Just wondering if they just got lucky in arriving just inside the Townlimits.
                  Neither Cora nor Hook have any fake memories to revert back to though as they were shielded from the curse.

Same as August, he came through with Emma before the curse hit, so is/was able to go about the World and leave Storybrook at will (presumably as Gold's son is able to as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Neither Cora nor Hook have any fake memories to revert back to though as they were shielded from the curse.

Same as August, he came through with Emma before the curse hit, so is/was able to go about the World and leave Storybrook at will (presumably as Gold's son is able to as well).
                    "Is able to"? As in he has? Or in he will?

I do see that connection between the well and the sea port. Seems water is one of the ways people travel between worlds. I wonder if Hook's ship has magical properties.

I imagine some of the Storybrooke residents will try to use it...like Dr. Frankenstein.

Comment

I should have written "as Gold's son is presumably able to as well".

I'm just assuming. Henry, August & Emma were able to enter and exit Storybrook at will (again I'm only presuming Emma can since Henry didn't find her in Storybrook so she obviously left at some stage in the past), I'm just linking that in with the fact they came through the portal before the curse struck (metaphorically speaking in Henry's case), and making the jump that as Gold's son (sorry can't remember his name) came through before the curse as well, he wasn't affected either.

Add that to the apparent fact that Regina, Hook and the rest left in FTL don't appear to have any fake memories, I think it's safe to assume that if you came through as a result of the curse, you had fake memories and couldn't leave Storybrook, and if you came through independently of the curse, you don't have fake memories and can go walkabout (as August & Henry did).

I think we're supposed to assume Hook used the regenerative properties in the water to regenerate the bean, then they opened a portal with it and came through (like he did when he took Rumple's wife), not sure that the actual ship has magical properties but it would be interesting if it has.

Comment

Kind of like the black pearl did in the first pirates of the carabean did?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Kind of like the black pearl did in the first pirates of the carabean did?
                          OH! Imagine, the writers use Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean to have the black pearl show up or have it as Hook's ship. I wonder if Hook's ship ever had a name?

How was using the bean to grow a stalk able to help them create a portal? I am looking forward to seeing how they explain that in the next half of the season.

Comment

Nice episode. After that ending, things should get very interesting very fast once this show returns.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Nice episode. After that ending, things should get very interesting very fast once this show returns.
                              Solid episode, thought I do wonder if Rumpel truthfully understood what Emma is. Has there been a child of "true love" before? And if so, who was it?

How did Rumpel research what Snow's and Charming's baby would be.

I think when Emma does something with love as the motivation she's protected. If she's protecting her family or friends that's going to make her hard to beat.

I think the trick might be to get her to channel a different emotional like rage, hate, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X