• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken (201)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    BROKEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    As the inhabitants of Storybrooke begin to remember their true identities, an angry mob seeks revenge on Regina. In the fairy tale world, Prince Phillip awakens a sleeping beauty only to face the threat of a soul-sucking wraith.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 11 October 2012, 12:58 PM.

Very interesting episode. Everyone knows who they are, but we also get Mulan and Sleeping Beauty.

and the question is answered, will season 1 be in the real world or fairy world? the answer, both.

very good start.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

O_O!! I am dead!! This episode was a knock out!! I have to watch it a few more times to digest all that happened!!
      sigpic

Comment

Not that it is a huge deal, but the episode title is incorrect in the first post. The description is correct, but the title should be "Broken" instead of "We Are Both."

Anyway, I really liked the episode. I'm glad we will still be seeing both worlds and meeting new people in both worlds.

I also really liked that we found out at the end of the episode that Regina wasn't quite correct in what she said happened to FTL. And I wonder how long it will take them to show us how Philip is supposedly dead in FTL but seemed (to me at least) to be walking around somewhere outside of Storybrooke, perhaps New York or Boston.

All the interactions of the characters were great. I especially like that they seem to be combining their memories. They called various characters by both their Storybrooke name and by their FTL name.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the next episode and the season as a whole. So far they seem to be really making the curse being broken into a new problem rather than the perfect solution it seemed it should be.
        Last edited by TrueRomantic; 30 September 2012, 11:06 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

I thought it was a great start!

I'm pretty sure Philip and the guy in the city are different actors, they guy in the city played a character in the first season of True Blood...

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
            I thought it was a great start!

I'm pretty sure Philip and the guy in the city are different actors, they guy in the city played a character in the first season of True Blood...
            After a second (or fourth or fifth lol) watch, I think you might be right that they are different actors/characters. I was also doing homework the first time I watched, so I probably wasn't paying close enough attention.

But it still brings up all kinds of questions lol!!
            sigpic

Comment

Regina was definitely selective of who came to Storybrooke. Just the people of her domain.

I figured once we saw Mulan and Aurora again that Emma and Snow would drop in. So since I figured it out ahead of time it wasn't such a big reveal especially since Mulan explained about what happened to the untouched areas of FTL for the last 28 years.

They were frozen, not immortal with memory lost, but frozen. Were they completely aware during that time?

Mulan and the Prince seemed to be right near Aurora when the curse was placed and then lifted.

So FTL didn't happen in our past. It is a separate world/universe. So it will be great to see what happens as FTL recovers from the curse compared to Storybrooke.

I imagine that either Rumpel's curse kept everyone from going back to FTL and/or took magic from FTL and that's what lifted them from their frozen state.

Also, who else is wondering exactly who the good doctor is that had the confrontation with Charming at Regina's door? Charming said he did not recognized him from FTL and the doctor said Charming wasn't his prince.

Is the doctor from FTL, if so who is he? Is the doctor from our world? A man from 28 years in the past that got stuck in Regina's curse?

Speaking of which, who was at the area we know as Storybrooke before there was Storybrooke? And what happened to them?

Comment

good ep!!

i didn't want to see the story of sleeping beauty and the prince and mulan, but i knew it was important to what was going on.

on a side note or two: i want to know where regina found henry. was he a baby right when she adopted him? did she adopt him, knowing who he really was? and i learned last night (via a website) that regina named henry after her father.

i want snow to grow her hair out. i really don't like that short cut on her.

so what have we learned about the wraith, or whatever that creepy ghostly flying thing was? the only way for it to return to it's home (the charm?) is for it to devour the soul of the person marked by it? regina will figure a way out of this.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  good ep!!

i didn't want to see the story of sleeping beauty and the prince and mulan, but i knew it was important to what was going on.

on a side note or two: i want to know where regina found henry. was he a baby right when she adopted him? did she adopt him, knowing who he really was? and i learned last night (via a website) that regina named henry after her father.

i want snow to grow her hair out. i really don't like that short cut on her.

so what have we learned about the wraith, or whatever that creepy ghostly flying thing was? the only way for it to return to it's home (the charm?) is for it to devour the soul of the person marked by it? regina will figure a way out of this.
                  Did you watch last season? Because the gist of Henry coming to Regina (and her naming him after her father) was covered last season. Mr. Gold (Rumple) gave the baby to Regina. They never said (that I remember) exactly how he came to pick that baby to get for Regina when she wanted to adopt, but I'm sure it was all part of his plan to eventually screw Regina over and break the curse by drawing Emma to town lol.

Honestly, I don't think the wraith matters much right now. It seems that it is going to be in FTL for awhile, at least until the others find a portal to go back through. Maybe it can be pulled back into Storybrooke if it's called, but personally I got the impression it isn't going to be the biggest problem this season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    Did you watch last season? Because the gist of Henry coming to Regina (and her naming him after her father) was covered last season. Mr. Gold (Rumple) gave the baby to Regina. They never said (that I remember) exactly how he came to pick that baby to get for Regina when she wanted to adopt, but I'm sure it was all part of his plan to eventually screw Regina over and break the curse by drawing Emma to town lol.
                    i watched every ep last season, but... i play on the computer at the same time (or am interrupted), so... i missed that part.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I want to know how Henry knows he's adopted given he was adopted when he was 3 weeks old. If Regina really wanted to ensure his loyalty simply tell him she is his birth mother and he would be none the wiser.
                      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Very nice season premiere. The wife and I enjoyed it very much. Should be interesting to see where things go from here.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's never revealed how or why Regina got Mr. Gold to get her a child. I mean she thought Mr. Gold knew nothing of his identity, so he would have the same restrictions as anyone else.

I mean, everyone in Storybrooke lived there for 28 years, never aging. There has to be a cause that limited them from aging, yet they were able to interact with the outside world?

I'm confused

Comment

I loved the first Episode. So good to have it back. This Season is going to be pretty exciting.

As always I got to wonder, why is Magic different in our World? I had a good laugh when Regina wanted to unleash her fury and her face when nothing happened.
                            The actress did a nice Job of pulling out the Queen in Regina by the way "You wanted your Queen? Her she IS!"
                            I kind of come back to my theory that Emma is actually the source of the magic that was unleashed. Gold somehow managed that Regina did not recieve any Magic, but after Emma touched her and connected her to the Magic the Hat started working. What worries me though is that after Emma was send away she was able to use it again against Charming. Just wondering if her unlocked Powers are permanent or if Emma just gave her a good jolt.

We will probably learn this Season why Sleeping Beautys Realm was untouched, but I am sure it got something to do with Maleficent. Again I go by my theorie that True Love is the most Powerful. So their Kindom was spared because Sleeping Beauty and the Princes love for each other.

Edit: After a rewatch I just noticed how Sleeping Beauty thought she slept less then one year and Mulan telling her that it was just in a manner of speaking. Did I miss something? Time really seems to be a bigger Part in OUAT. FTL was frozen just as long as Storybrooke was in their Daydream state. So time in both worlds go the same pace. What still bugs me with it is that the Storys are known. Emma was so shocked, because she was really standing in front of Snow White. She just never got the words out.
                            Last edited by tomstone; 04 October 2012, 01:17 AM.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              I loved the first Episode. So good to have it back. This Season is going to be pretty exciting.

As always I got to wonder, why is Magic different in our World? I had a good laugh when Regina wanted to unleash her fury and her face when nothing happened.
                              The actress did a nice Job of pulling out the Queen in Regina by the way "You wanted your Queen? Her she IS!"
                              I kind of come back to my theory that Emma is actually the source of the magic that was unleashed. Gold somehow managed that Regina did not recieve any Magic, but after Emma touched her and connected her to the Magic the Hat started working. What worries me though is that after Emma was send away she was able to use it again against Charming. Just wondering if her unlocked Powers are permanent or if Emma just gave her a good jolt.

We will probably learn this Season why Sleeping Beautys Realm was untouched, but I am sure it got something to do with Maleficent. Again I go by my theorie that True Love is the most Powerful. So their Kindom was spared because Sleeping Beauty and the Princes love for each other.

Edit: After a rewatch I just noticed how Sleeping Beauty thought she slept less then one year and Mulan telling her that it was just in a manner of speaking. Did I miss something? Time really seems to be a bigger Part in OUAT. FTL was frozen just as long as Storybrooke was in their Daydream state. So time in both worlds go the same pace. What still bugs me with it is that the Storys are known. Emma was so shocked, because she was really standing in front of Snow White. She just never got the words out.
                              About the issue of time, recall that the Wraith went into FTL shortly before Emma and Snow, yet the wraith appeared at least hours (or a day) earlier than them. So the passage of time IS different.

Also, Mulan said they were in a frozen state since the curse was enacted 28 years ago. So perhaps, the time difference isn't that big.

Comment

Working...
                              X