No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm... I actually haven't been looking forwards to a new show before airing since... Stargate, actually.

Bring on Sanctuary. Can't wait to see it eighter!
    Hope it'll be a hit
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      ok someone just posted 3 links on amandatapping.com maybe you guys are also interested in things...I know it isn't only about Amanda and Sanctuary but more about Sanctuary itself...But still...

There is now a blog for the show:
      http://sanctuaryforall.blogspot.com

a forum:
      http://z6.invisionfree.com/Sanctuary_For_All

and a Yahoo Group:
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sanctuary-for-all
      Thanks - I just read the blogspot and watched the teaser on the website as well. Love the music.

I'm intrigued about the concept of an internet show and *very* excited to see Amanda playing a new character....especially an "eccentric" character. I don't know if this show is going to be up my alley or not but I'll give it a go.

I don't know how AT is finding the time to do Sanctuary, 2 SG-1 movies and 14 episodes of Atlantis. Guess it's that "never being late" thing.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

lol i dont think she has to be there that often because its alot of greenscreen and Damiens has been working on this for 2 years. Putting together the "set" would be the msot time consuming part IMO and so AT could probley do this on weekends or in the Hiatus which is around now i believe so thats how she has found time, cramming this in to the hiatus.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          lol i dont think she has to be there that often because its alot of greenscreen and Damiens has been working on this for 2 years. Putting together the "set" would be the msot time consuming part IMO and so AT could probley do this on weekends or in the Hiatus which is around now i believe so thats how she has found time, cramming this in to the hiatus.
          To me she comes across as a person who is probably really organized and enjoys staying busy. It's a matter of multi-tasking and keeping on top of things. My husband is great at it, but me -- not so good.

I would imagine that playing Sam Carter over the past ten years has become rather mindnumbing in that she gets up at 4am and goes to work without thinking just like millions of other people. You are so used to doing the job that you often do it without really even thinking.

However, Amanda appears to be really excited about this new Sanctuary project and her role as EP. She's probably enjoying being a part of back side of the creative process and probably thinks of it all as a learning process. And as a female in the entertainment business it's probably a very wise move on her part.

I don't think she actually starts shooting any of the Stargate movies or Atlantis until April, so she's probably filing her time now doing what she can for Sanctuary, helping with editting and promoting the new series, but I'm sure she's probably enjoying every moment of it.
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 February 2007, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I hope she is an intregal part of the Sanctuary team, heck im trying to be as involved as possible, so maybe ill get to work with her. It would be amazing to do so and i agree that she does seem to be able to be a workaholic and have alot of fun, but thats because the stargate working enviroment has to be one of the best ive ever seen, everyone seems happy and playful, thats exteamely rare in the entertainment business. Im sure she will thrive in this project because 10 years is along time to keep sam carter perky and fresh, a change of scenery and project is probley something she is really enjoying, which is great for a new and innovative series like this.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Hi everyone, I decided to make a Helen Magnus wallpaper with the limited pictures that are available, I hope you like it!!!!

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...anctuary04.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                To me she comes across as a person who is probably really organized and enjoys staying busy. It's a matter of multi-tasking and keeping on top of things. My husband is great at it, but me -- not so good.

I would imagine that playing Sam Carter over the past ten years has become rather mindnumbing in that she gets up at 4am and goes to work without thinking just like millions of other people. You are so used to doing the job that you often do it without really even thinking.

However, Amanda appears to be really excited about this new Sanctuary project and her role as EP. She's probably enjoying being a part of back side of the creative process and probably thinks of it all as a learning process. And as a female in the entertainment business it's probably a very wise move on her part.

I don't think she actually starts shooting any of the Stargate movies or Atlantis until April, so she's probably filing her time now doing what she can for Sanctuary, helping with editting and promoting the new series, but I'm sure she's probably enjoying every moment of it.

It's amazing how much more productive and organized you can be when you're excited about a project. Sometimes it even makes up for lack of sleep.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this show. Helen Magnus sounds like an interesting character and AT looks great in the preview pictures. I'm even starting to get used to those shots with her with dark hair. Do we know anything about computer requirements that will be needed to view it? If the preview works for you will the show?

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                    Hi everyone, I decided to make a Helen Magnus wallpaper with the limited pictures that are available, I hope you like it!!!!

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...anctuary04.jpg
                    Nice!!!

Be sure to share this on the Sanctuary forum...there's a section there for fan art.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I'm really looking forward to this show. Helen Magnus sounds like an interesting character and AT looks great in the preview pictures. I'm even starting to get used to those shots with her with dark hair. Do we know anything about computer requirements that will be needed to view it? If the preview works for you will the show?
                      This is from the FAQ's on the SanctuaryforAll site:

What do I need to play Sanctuary?

- A computer that can display a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768

- The ability to support Flash 8.0

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        This is from the FAQ's on the SanctuaryforAll site:

What do I need to play Sanctuary?

- A computer that can display a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768

- The ability to support Flash 8.0

What they don't reference is user ability. While I'm not a computer idiot, I don't tend to do a good job of figuring out computer stuff on my own. For example, gaming?
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Wow Sanctuary is getting more and more exciting isn't it..
                          I tried to join the Sanctuary team last week but they haven't e-mailed me back I keep checking my mail including my junk folder but no e-mail from them, I don't know what to do about it I really wanted to be part of the team does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I sent an e-mail to the contact us e-mail today telling them of my problems with "joining the team" but have no reply yet.. Thanks for the links Eve(RepliCartertje) *runs off to check them out*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Someone had expressed a concern about episodes expiring after they were downloaded. Here is the answer from Dan "The Man" Woodland.

There is NO WAY that webisodes will expire. Once you pay for it, it is yours for as long as you want. I have had a few e-mails about gift cards and the ability to buy episodes to burn for friends/family. This is a really interesting request that we will seriously consider. Keep all the great ideas coming...

Dan Woodland
                            [email protected]
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hi Everyone,

Wow Sanctuary is getting more and more exciting isn't it..
                              I tried to join the Sanctuary team last week but they haven't e-mailed me back I keep checking my mail including my junk folder but no e-mail from them, I don't know what to do about it I really wanted to be part of the team does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I sent an e-mail to the contact us e-mail today telling them of my problems with "joining the team" but have no reply yet.. Thanks for the links Eve(RepliCartertje) *runs off to check them out*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Hi Everyone,

I was finally able to join the "Sanctuary Team" yesterday I just had to use another e-mail addy and now I'm sooooo excited

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I have a question.

I sent an email to participate. I got a response saying to sign up as a beta tester, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X